|Podcasts||Community||Create a Podcast|
This weeks show falls between two birthdays in my family - my eldest son Bailey who turned six and my good self who turned 30 something.....
So this session is a pressie to the two of us.
This show builds on the good foundation of the previous week. A bit more thought went into the direction and flow and I think it sounds better for it.
I actually went shopping in the "House" aisle on Traxsource too which you can clearly hear towards the end of the mix. A break from the usual deep n soulful sound but not too dissimilar to the sound of some of the older Podcasts before the scene became so fragmented.
Big four hour show next Wednesday (29th May) live on Pressure. I'll be spinning along side a couple of good friends who are local DJs in Sydney. We all have our own unique style and sound and I'm excited at the thought of what we might cook up for you all. It starts at 7pm Sydney time, so that's 10am in the UK. Hope you can join us for this one off.
You can catch the show live at www.pressureradio.com - would be great if you can join us in the chatroom too www.pressureradio.com/chatroom
1: Deejaykul - Dream Deep
2: Reagan Grey - There You Go (Soul Minority Remix)
3: SEK - Lifetime Spot
4: The Disclosure Project - It Was Amazing
5: Frank Roger - Say You Love Me
6: Tony Noodles - Coqui (Mr V ft Miss Patty)
7: Harrison Crump, Tierra Nevea - No More Lies
8: Glenn Underground, Swaylo - You Are Love (Jose Carretas Son Liva Mix)
9: Joy Jones - Over (Josh Milan Vocal)
10: Carla Prather - Just Do It (Terry Hunter Bang Mix)
11: DJ Fudge - Asikolo
12: Alvaro Smart - The Need
13: Pablo Valentino - One (Detroit Swindle Perspective)
14: Rhode, Brown, Schegg - Joyride
15: Mind Street, Kandie Jones - More & More (Groove Assassin Deep Down Dub)
16: SEK - Fergasm
17: Dbow - Get Involved (Director's Cut Classic House Mix)
18: House N' HD - Knuckles Gruve (Change)
19: Micky More - Supersonic
20: DJ Dan, DJ Mes - Mighty High
21: Rhode, Brown - Under Your Spell (Kyodai Remix)
22: Toby Tobias - Macasu (Motor City Drum Ensemble Loft Party Mix)
23: Nick Holder - Beyond Your Dreams
The last few mixes with the exception of the recent Pure V have been deep and chunky so I felt it was time to add a spoonful of mellow. The result is the Duvet Session which has a much more soulful feel. It was another last minute trolley dash around the music supermarket just before the show. This time however I forgot to hit record during the show, so we had to come back and do it all again the following night.
As this mix shows - there may not be the same quantity on the soulful house scene, but the quality is still top drawer.
Have to call out the Deep City Soul boys who have three remixes in here. Great work fellas - you're on fire right now.
The last third of the mix has a nice warm bounce to it thanks to Ross Couch and Danny J Lewis. We finish up with a track that is sped up from 114 to 124 but still sounds great.
As you'll hear this is definitely a mix to listen to while you curl up with a warm cuppa in your duvet on a Sunday morning. A rare glimpse of my softer side.
1: Salah Ananse, Paul Vincent - Toxic (Salah Ananse Sunday School)
2: Galaxy Group - Lady Harlem (Agent X Strictly Beatdown Remix)
3: Kick Douglas - Sympathy In A Club
4: Klement Bonelli, Angel Karel - Stella
5: Victor Eich - Downtown
6: Rhemi, Liford - Fathers (Dub)
7: Clappy DJ, Davide Murri, Fabrizio Scarafile - Winds Of Victoria (Deep City Soul Remix)
8: Cei Bei - Love Will Save The Day (Zulu Mafia Mix)
9: Neil Thompson, Nicole Mitchel - Facade (DeepCitySoul Mix)
10: Shea - Where Did You Go (Atjazz Mix)
11: Raffa Scoccia, Cato - Honey Drip
12: The Layabouts, Shea Soul - Perfectly (Atjazz Remix)
13: Big Ed & Southern Divide - Move (Ft Lady J) (Sean McCabe Moov & Groov Vocal)
14: Ziggy Funk, Tess Leah - Thankful
15: Frankie Knuckles, Director's Cut, Sybil - Let Yourself Go (Joey Negro Club Mix)
16: Ross Couch - Confession
17: Dajae - Don't You Love Me (Sean McCabe Dub Remix)
18: Ross Couch - Somebody Like You
19: Danny J Lewis - When The Sun Breaks The Clouds
20: Sonarpilot - Open House (Danny J Lewis Remix)
21: Paul Deep, Jayla - Run Away (Maurice Joshua Remix)
22: Romanthony - Let Me Show You Love (Gerd's Crooklyn Full Vox Mix)
23: The Scrapped Ones - Song For You
24: Roberto Rodriguez - Love Withdrawl
This was a seat of pants show - to the point of still downloading tracks 15 minutes before the start. The new stuff being downloaded was on the deeper early show side, but had no real feel for what the tracks actually did.
As a result the mix started with a BANG. Don't think anyone was expecting such a punch especially me!
With the odd exception the tracks are mainly from the last few weeks and where possible I've tried to play ones that haven't featured in a show before.
There was debate in the chatroom around Spiritchasers mix of KOTs - "Fall For You". I'm not special enough to have it yet, so I did the next best thing and dropped Spiritchasers mix of DJ Dealer's "Let Me Live" followed by Sandy's classic mix of "Fall For You". Who said we we don't do requests
We then skip through a couple of different styles - soulful vocal in the form of Ian Friday's mix of "Tonite" followed by a few disco, funk infused tracks.
It's then back to business with the deep style leading to a brief trip to the bassment with Kyodai.
Proof I didn't use all of my Mr V tracks up last week we have another from the maestro.
Wasn't sure how to end the show and was leaning towards Atjazz mix of "Where Did You Go" - however up popped his more recent mix "Perfectly" by the Layabouts and again Shea Soul.
This track had yet to be played in a mix, so problem solved.
Had fun as always with the Thursday c2e Pressure crew, joined by Dini & Dangsta in the chatroom.
All up very pleased with how the show went. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did during the show.
Official c2eMusic website - www.c2emusic.com
Facebook Page - www.facebook.com/c2emusic
Where we do our thang every Thursday - www.pressureradio.com
Home to the Podcast - over 150 sessions available - that's a whole lotta HOUSE! c2emusic.podomatic.com
1: Northeye, Frankin - Back Home
2: Colman Buckley - No Dice
3: Dave Mayer - Don't Ya Know (Phaze Dee Mix)
4: Hans Thalau - Jade
5: Raffa FL - Kool With Me (DJ Nav Remix)
6: Evan Iff - Slide
7: DeepCitySoul, DJ Romain - NY 2 UK (James Dexter Mix)
8: Elef - Lazy Liz
9: Zoo Look, Amy Lyon - All Over Me (Detroit Swindle Remix)
10: DJ Dealer, RaShaan Houston - Let me Live (Spiritchaser Mix)
11: Kings Of Tomorrow, April - Fall For You (Sandy Rivera Classic)
12: Sai & Ribatone - Tonite (Ian Friday Libation Mix)
13: Ed Nine - Bag Of Funk
14: Giom, DJ Mes - Nu Grooves
15: House Heads - Bit's & Pieces
16: Motor City Drum Ensemble - Send A Prayer (Part 2)
17: Claudio aka Clod - Who Do You Love
18: James Johnston - Do U Understand
19: Claudio aka Clod - Who Do You Love
20: Harry Wolfman - Booty Call
21: Linkwood - One
22: Kyodai - Sex Affair (Main Mix)
23: Ralphi Rosario - You Used To Hold Me (Spiritchaser Vocal Mix)
24: Aldo Kapone - Get Up (Mr V Remix)
25: The Layabouts, Shea Soul - Perfectly (Atjazz Vocal Mix)
This is the 151st Podcast release. Mind blowing, took ages to get to 100 but the last 50 have flown by. Long journey for those that have been there from the beginning. Listening back there have been many different styles and influences reflected in the mixes and I look forward to continuing on this musical journey with you all.
To mark this milestone we have a special show as we pay homage to one of NYC finest contributors to house music - Victor Font, better known as Mr V - head honcho of Sole Channel music.
Recently rediscovered some of the now classic releases over the years and have been dropping them into mixes. The guys in the chatroom commented on how they were loving the vybe, so I thought why not make a show dedicated to the sound.
An untouchable skill for producing the smoothest sounding house around. You can tell a Mr V remix or production instantly, whether it's the rolling beats, warm soothing bassline or silky synths. I think of it as V house - it rolls along effortlessly as if on rails gently rocking you as it goes, while the world passes by.
As you can imagine he has worked with many great vocalists through the years which gives us an added bonus to the mix.
Mr V we salute you for your outstanding contribution to house music, it wouldn't be the same without you - keep doing what it is that you do.
While you're browsing remember to check out the c2eMusic website - www.c2emusic.com
Remember the c2eMusic Radio Show is now at 12pm UK time on www.pressureradio.com
Still the same time in Austraaaalia -9pm to 11pm every Thursday
1: Hardrive - Deep Inside (Mr V Sole Channel Remix)
2: Mayu - Stretch Your Arms (Mr V's Dub)
3: JohnnyDangerous - War With The Devil (Mr V Instrumental Mix)
4: Peven Everett - Everyday Girl (Mr V's Re-touch Dub)
5: Demarkus Lewis ft Lady Sah - Untitled Love Affair (Mr V Dubstrumental)
6: Copyright ft Mr V & Miss Patty - In Da Club (Shake Sh*t Up) (Jimpster Mix)
7: The Honeys - A Taste Of The Honeys (Mr V's Essential Mix)
8: Roland Clark, Urban Soul - Have A Good Time (Mr V's Sole Channel Mix)
9: Mr V ft Miss Patty - Da Bump (Sole Channel Mix)
10: DeepCitySoul ft Rainy Paine - Remember Me (Mr V De Ja Vu Main Mix)
11: Trackheadz - Feel (Mr V Vocal)
12: Hanna Hais - Mon Soleil (Mr V Nintendo Mix)
13: Ralph Session & E-Man - Release The Demons (Mr V Main Mix)
14: DJ Roland Clark, Urban Soul - My Urban Soul (Mr V 2010 Revision)
15: Damir Pushkar, B Original, J.A.M.O.N. - We Got The Jazz (Mr V Remix)
16. Julius Papp & Mr V - Chicago Tribute (Mr V East Coast Cruise Mix)
17: DJ Romain & Jon Cutler - Deje Vu (Mr V Sole Channel Remix)
18: The Wizard Brian Coxx & Roland Clark - The Deeper I Go (Mr V Remix)
19: Mr V & Alix Alvarez - Move (Laced Up Dub)
20: Christian Alvarez, Mr V - All Nations (Soledrifter Vocal Dub)
21: Louie Vega ft Mr V - V Get's Jazzy
22: Scope ft Mr V - Talkin' About
23: Copyright ft Mr V and Miss Patty - In Da Club (Shake Sh*t Up)
24: Mr V - Put Your Drinks Down (Bob Sinclar Mix)
25: Mr V - Da Bump (Warren Clark Remix)
26: Mr V - H.O.U.S.E. (Instrumental)
27: Mr V - Jus Dance (Quentin Harris Re-Production)
28: Mr V & Alix Alvarez - Deep (House Music)
So named because we have a real mix of styles in here and it is just so damn tasty, I mean no extra dressing required tasty, and the freshness of the produce...... Once again big up them farmers.
Another show of almost only new tracks with the only exception being the last track, which you have to listen right to the end for, wait till your iPod stops, don't guess it's finished or you'll miss it
With all the clocks having changed around the world now the show starts later in the Northern Hemispere and the effect has been great. More people able to listen in both in the chatroom and on the outside.
The mix goes through a number of transitions, or if we are sticking with our salad theme flavours.
First up is the smooth deep sound that underpins the whole mix - the lettuce if you like.
Fair to say there is a lot of lettuce in this salad almost 40 minutes worth, don't worry though there are a few varieties to entertain your palette.
We then have a good wedge of vocal sounds - adding the soulful edge to what would otherwise just be a deep salad - you know tomatoes, onion and the basics - no cheese though - you won't find cheese in a c2e salad!
I ended up adding more than originally planned, but we were cooking on the fly and it tasted good.
There are then the herbs and spices which sit between the vocals and the meat (no one said this was a veg salad). They are the transition tracks that bind the whole mix together.
Into that we add the meat, and plenty of it. Very lean medium rare thinly sliced and seriously tasty.
It has flavours you won't tire of. I made it last night and it's still tasting great next day, and I've eaten two portions back to back!
Hope you can join me next week (Thursday's 12pm to 2pm UK time) in the musical kitchen. No ingredients or recipe yet, let's see what we can whip up together.
Big thanks to everyone that tuned in and to the Thursday morning Pressure family who hang in the chatroom, always a pleasure.
Now go grab those salad tongs and get stuck in. Seconds are compusory
1: Mindsoul - Don't Stop
2: Elef - Lazy Liz
3: Fred Everything - Brothers & Sisters (AM Pacific)
4: Boolu Master, The Decks Group - Thinking Again (The Master Mix)
5: Johnny Dangerous - Beat That Bitch (Soul Channel Instrumental)
6: Evan Iff - Slide
7: Zoo Look, Amy Lyon - All Over Me (Detroit Swindle Remix)
8: Shea - Where Did You Go (Atjazz Floor Dub)
9: Botshelo Huma, nkokhi - Something New (Josh Milan's Honeycomb Vocal)
10: Kings Of Tomorrow, April - Fall For You (Sandy Rivera Classic)
11: Namy ft Josh Milan - From Now On (DJ Spen & N'Dinga Gaba Remix)
12: Ralf Gum, Kenny Bobien - The Only Way (Terry Hunter Mix)
13: Nativeroots, Zano - Taking Over The World (Sean McCabe Overdub Mix)
14: Akabu, Alex Mills - Everybody Wants Something (Akabu Warehouse Mix)
15: Motor City Drum Ensemble - Send A Prayer (Part 2)
16: David Harness - Soaring Over Brasil
17: Eltonick - Last Call
18: Evan Iff - Busy
19: Erin Leah -Radio Billie Stereo Ella (Thommy & Spen Dub)
20: Sonarpilot - Open House (Danny J Lewis Remix)
21: Animist - Reeser
22: Lars Vegas - The Game
23: Supernova - Never Give Up
24: Bordertown, Wicks - Do You Know
25: Marlon D, Bhoddi Satva - Power Of The Drum (Marlon D's Deep Tribal Mix)
26: The N69 Project - Vitamin Trax
27: Bacteria - Touch Your Soul
28: Alan Smithee - Blue Blackness (Dub)
It's been over seven years since I said goodbye to the motherland and headed down under. It's only when you leave somewhere that you fully appreciate everything you loved about it. For me that's a mix of smooth pothole free roads, and an unrivaled love of house music spanning over 25 years.
This is the first time I have done a mix that celebrates the creative dynamos that live on the windy wet rock we know as the UK. I've tried to represent a mix from the deep to the soulful and of course the sound created there - UK garage. I've also tried to be strict and only use tracks where the producer and remixer are from the UK. In the majority of cases this also includes any vocalists, but a few non UK singers slipped through!
The mix is overflowing with talent featuring on the production side the likes of Atjazz, Jimpster, Richard Earnshaw, The Layabouts, Groove Assassin, Sean McCabe, Phil Asher, DJ Garphie, Souldynamic, Jazzloungerz, Conan Liquid, Danism, Ziggy Funk, Shur-I-Kan, Milton Jackson, Reel People, Irfan Rainy and a host of other talented Brits. There are also the vocal talents of Omar, Shea, Taliwa, Zara McFarlane, Deon Nathan and Portia Monique
This is only the first of what is likely to be a long running series as there is so much quality to choose from both past and present. So yes I know legends like Grant Nelson, Dave Lee and co are missing here, but that is just going to push me to get a follow up out sooner than later. It goes without saying a Stars & Stripes series is also on it's way, as well as Continental (Europe) and SA sets. A NY and London city series may even be on the cards, watch this space.
Not that anyone noticed (including me!) but I have been playing on Pressure for over a year now (23rd Feb 2012). Would have been nice to have a special 1 yr anniversary show - but that will have to wait until the second year anniversary now. In that time I've met some great like minded people in the chatroom who come in every week. Also been welcomed into the Pressure family by Carol, Paul and all of the Pressure DJs and I'm very grateful for that.So here's to another year......at least on the Pressure airwaves.
1: Atjazz - From Me To You
2: Jimpster - Inside The Loop
3: DJ Garphie - Synth The Size (G's Soulful Mix)
4: Neil Pierce ft Kadija Kamara - Relish Your Soul (Soul Heaven Vox)
5: Ziggy Funk ft Taliwa - What You Afraid Of (Ziggy's Original)
6: Jazzloungerz - Obsession
7: Bopstar - Captured (Restless Soul Main Mix)
8: Logistix ft Deon Nathan - I Feel (Souldynamic Remix)
9: Maddslinky ft Omar - Special (Atjazz Remix)
10: Warm Days ft Swindle & Natalie Maddix - Selfish Skies (Atjazz Remix)
11: Liquid People, Danism, Heidi Vogel - Love Is On It's Way
12: Milton Jackson - Don't Worry About The Drums
13: Shur-I-Kan - String Killer
14: Spiritchaser - Paradise Row (Horizon Dub)
15: Souldynamic - Sunce
16: The Layabouts, Portia Monique - Bring Me Joy (Director's Cut Vocal)
17: Irfan Rainy, Rex Leon, Vaceo - Singer Of Songs (The Vinyl Ears Mix)
18: Sean McCabe, Groove Assassin - Love Fantasy
19: Groove Assassin, Deep City Soul - I Need You (Groove Assassin Slam Dub)
20: Landslide - Yemp Booty (Aaron Jerome Mix)
21: Tarantulaz ft Monique Bingham - They Forgot It
22: Restless Soul, Shea Soul - Tricks (Vocal)
23: Liquid People - Son Of Dragon
24: Conan Liquid - Quincy's Joint
Great show this week - the week had flown by and no time or thought had gone into any themes or ideas as to what to play. Then at lunchtime I decided to have a quick look on Traxsource, not expecting to achieve much. To my surprise it was a very fruitful session and after just 45 minutes I had a decent looking basket.
Tracks were purchased and downloaded around tea time, and in the hour leading up to the show I was only getting a first decent listen to them, but again only snippets.
It made for an exciting show for me as I had heard enough to know it was going to be tasty.
Then midway through the show Wally Walton another Pressure resident and one half of Soulfunktion jumped in the chatroom. He reminded me of a track he had shared earlier in the week, so I played it. As a result he sent another couple of tracks to me that he and Brian "Keys" Tharme had produced. Next thing you know Brian is in the chatroom too, so I played another of their new tracks "Underground Language".
All up the show went much better than I could have ever imagined given all tracks were practically unknown to me a mere 6 hours previous.
Hope you enjoy the end result as much I as enjoyed putting it down.
This should take your mind off the fact your not in Miami (well it works for me!)
1: Lee Fraged - Until Morning (Unai Trotti)
2: HNNY - Yearning
3: Shea - Where Did You Go (Atjazz Remix)
4: DJ Roland Clark, Urban Soul - My Urban Soul (Black Sonix LOFI Dub)
5: Golf Clap - On To You
6: Golf Clap - Another Way (Animist Remix)
7: Copy Paste Soul - Rum & Bass
9: Pete Dafeat - Falling Off (James Dexter Mix)
10: Pete Dafeat - Nightspark
11: Souldynamic - Sunce
12: Milton Jackson - Don't Worry About The Drums
13: Joey Negro, Sunburst Band - Definition Of Luv ft Dianne Charlemagne (Sean McCabe Definition of Dub)
14: Mike Mago - Galactic EP (Broke One Remix)
15: Tommy Bones - Give It To Me
16: Groove Assassin - In And Out Of My Life
17: Rame & Bonara, Zoe Xenia - Sick
18: Audiowhores - Chains
19: Soulfunktion - Disco M Bobulated
20: Dubble D - Down (Dub)
21: Ross Couch - What's Goin On
22: James Johnston - Do U Understand
23: Soledrifter - To U
24: James Johnston - Do U Understand (Again! Whoooops )
25: Sonny Fodera, Gene Farris - Turn Down
26: Souldynamic - Do You Remember
27: Soulfunktion - Underground Language
28: Waze & Odyssey - I Want You You You
29: Lee Webster - Wax Your Body
This weeks’ show had a deeper mellow vibe for the most part. An Africa Deep sound that then headed over to NY in the form of Mr V who posted back 2 back 2 back tracks. His unmistakable smooth rolling sound epitomises the first hour of the show.
Big fan of Kyodai so it's no surprise to hear a couple of their tracks in the mix, again back to back.
It's then time for some vocal tracks to be added into the mix. Director's cut continue their fine form with their remix of The Layabouts' "Bring Me Joy".
Another producer on a great roll is Piers Kirwan. His current sound is similar to Spiritchaser but with a bit more edge.
The mix starts to toughen up as we move into UK Garage territory. Have to give a big shout to Andy Ward for the heads up on the insane "Beggin It". Heard it on his show a couple of weeks back and couldn't stop dancing round the room - even though I was trying to iron shirts for work at the time.
The mix really toughens up at this point with a couple of tracks from Tuccillo among others.
We sign off with a classic from way back in the day. They don't come much bigger.
1: Lee Webster - Get Lost
2: Aoim & Muveo - The BDA
3: Bhaku JR - Tokyo Sky
4: Bocca Grande - Lesson Again (Alton Miller Mix)
5: tONKPROJECT - Difficult But Not Impossible
6: Hanna Hais - Mon Soliel (Mr V Nintendo Dub)
7: Damir Pushkar, B.Original, J.A.M.O.N - We Got The Jazz (Mr V Remix)
8: DJ Roland Clark, Urban Soul - My Urban Soul (Mr V 2010 Remix)
9: Big Al - Feel It In Your Soul (The Messenger mix)
10: Clown Dallas, Miranda Nicole - Love Encore (Groove Assassin Alternate Mix)
11: Souldynamic - NJ Attitude
12: Kyodai - The Scene
13: Joey Negro, Azucar - Rock Your Body (Kyodai Club Mix)
14: The Layabouts ft Portia Monique - Bring Me Joy (Director's Cut Remix)
15: Andrea Carissimi Soul Project - A Good thing (Piers Kirwan Remix)
16: Bhokera, Dey, Tasita D'Mour - Beautiful Lie (Grant Nelson Garage Dub)
17: Thomas Malo - Beggin It (Jamie Anderson Remix)
18: Harry Wolfman - Booty Call
19: DJ Garphie - Synth The Size (G's Dipped IN Acid Mix)
20: Kyodai - Moving (Breaking Part 2)
21: Belocca, Soneec, Chris Lauer & Canard - Homework
22: Franky & Sandrino - We Are All Dust (Marcus Worgull Edit)
23: Willie Graff & Tuccillo - Misdirection
24: Tuccillo - C'mon Babe
25: Mena Keys, Marlon D - Love Somebody (Seascope Deep Vocal)
26: Aaron-Carl - I Refuse (Quentin Harris Remix)
27: The Timewriter - Dedication (Chords In Minor)
28: Mr Fingers - Can You Feel It
Had nothing planned whatsoever for this weeks show. Up until a couple of hours before it was touch and go as to whether the show would be live from Jay-J's new residency in Sydney, so in my naivety I left my Traxsource cart unpurchased! Luckily it turned out well with a big bumper show packed full of things that tickle my fancy.
Since it was spur of the moment the direction of the mix was very much driven by the feedback in the chat room during the show. Leah the late night dancer loves her dirty bass, and Neale down here in Aus reacted every time I dropped a twisted UK style deep house track. Also lucky to have Kevin Anthony jump on straight after for a flashback to the old Sydney 2 Baltimore sessions of 2012.
Clocks are starting to change around the globe. Not 100% sure what that will mean for listeners on the top side of the planet - depends on whether I move my show time down here to accommodate, but I'll keep you posted. Remember to keep checking the official c2eMusic website as recordings from shows appear there a week before they hit Podomatic (if they get a release on here at all) Thanks again to everyone that tunes in every week, or downloads the show on here. Please give feedback on the direction the show is heading in music wise. Always good to hear your thoughts or any ideas you have for future shows (love a good theme and programming challenge
1: Nu Colors - Desire (MAW Mix)
2: Circle Of Funk - London Grove
3: True2Life ft Rainy Paine - Beautiful Day (Redsoul Mix)
4: Steve Stone & Wendy Lewis - New Lady (Scott Diaz 15 years too late mix)
5: Doc Link - Cross Up
6: Carolyn Harding - Pick It Up (Sean McCabe Vocal Mix)
7: Ross Couch - Holding On
8: CRS - Jazzy Joint
9: Shur-I-Khan - The Groove
10: Logistix pres Deon Nathan - I Feel (Souldynamic Remix)
11: DJ Spen pres Dana Weaver - Heavenly (N'Dinga Gaba & Jon Vance Pitch Pump Remix)
12: Sean McCabe & Groove Assassin - Love Fantasy
13: Trackheadz ft Lee Anne King - Baby Steps
14: Chris Minus - Do's & Dont's
15: Richard Earnshaw pres Modified People - We Are
16: Kyodai - Do You Wanna
17: Willie Graff & Tuccillo - Let's Get It On
18: Mastiksoul - Macaroon
19: Nick Nikolov - Come Down
20: Bassfort - Moon Light
21: John Mood - A Bassment Romance (De Sluwe Vos Kontra' Mix')
22: DJ Spen pres Dana Weaver - Heavenly (Deepah Ones Mix)
23: Ramon Tapia - This Groove
24: Salt City Orchestra - The Book (HardBack Dub)
25: Art Of Tones - The World As I Live It
26: Tony Lionni - Loving You
27: Detroit Swindle - Guess What
28: Concept e25 - Deep Orange (Montel Remix)
29: Smokin Beats - Dreams
30: Margaret Grace - God Created Woman (Sean McCabe Raw Dub Mix)
31: Lil Louis - Club Lonely (Bellbottoms & Platform Mix)
This weeks show had a lot to live up to following last week marathon live show from Jay-Js birthday party at the Civic Underground in Sydney.
Had a busy and action packed chatroom this week led by Leah the "Late Night Dancer". Never a dull moment when she's in there.
The show featured mostly new stuff although the latter part was a healthy mix of new and recent deep chunky bouncing pumping tracks.
Also great to have Kevin Anthony from Baltimore jump on after the show for a flashback to the back to back sessions that were a regular on a Thursday in 2012.
Thanks to Anne (Sahara 247) for putting me onto Azuni 's Nightshifter. As always big thanks to Erv and Andy Ward for early glimpses on some of the other tracks.
In case you hadn't noticed I'm becoming a bit of a Detroit Swindle fan
1: Banjax - Tired Of Games
2: Azuni - Nightshifter
3: Timmy P - Morlands
4: Lovebirds - Brotha
5: Steven Stone & Wendy Lewis - New Lady (Scott Diaz '15 Years Too Late Mix)
6: Ross Couch - Holding On
7: Neil Pierce ft Taliwa - A Better Place
8: Flapjackers - Pillow Talk
9: Nathan G - Up Again
10: Detroit Swindle - Guess Again
11: Kevin Kind - Dreamscape
12: Namy & Barbara Tucker - I Can't Wait (Terry Hunter Bang Jazz Dub Mix)
13: Groove Assassin - We Shall Overcome
14: Kem - Heaven (Groove Assassin & Marlon D Remix)
15: Klankarbeit - Fat P
16: Shur-I-Khan - The Fly
17: Kyodai - Breaking
18: Medlar - Knockard Pearl (Detroit Swindle Mix)
19: Oxia - Meaningful
20: Frankey & Sandrino - We Are All Dust (Marcus Worgull Edit)
21: Detroit Swindle - John Doe
22: Young Hand - Who Knows
23: 2 Side Of Soul - Freedom
24: wAFF - Jo Johnson
25: Darko Kistura - Tricks On Memory
26: Francesco Tarentini - Come Back
27: Giom - Hot Rabbits (Spritchaser Mix)
28: Tracks From The Other Side - Hammond Heat (Kevin Fernando & Victor Simonelli Original Mix)
This weeks show was new stuff almost all the way. The UK Garage sound is growing stronger by the week. So many tracks with those London style synths and an increasing number using vocal stabs from the late 80′s and early 90′s house classics.
Very conscious not to put out a pure UK Garage show at the moment. Always like to try and mix the sound up a little hence the way this one flows providing the title of the show.
After a fair bit of deep underground sounds we take a break for a couple of tracks with some laid back vocals before picking up the whip and going again.
Another switch kicks in as we turn the clock back 20+ years for a couple of classics before ramping things up to bring it home.
Quiet in the chatroom and on the outside this week. Not as much fun when there isn’t a buzz in there.
I know it’s during work hours for most people but if you can make it your company is really appreciated.
Thanks to those that did tune in on the outside and came in the chatroom.
1: Banjax – Zoomin (Original)
2: DJ Garphie – Synth The Size (G’s Soulful Mix)
3: Chesus – Newark
4: C.R.S.T. – Monster Munch (ft The Organ Grinder)
5: Cassio Kohl – Always Existed
6: Rokaz – Be Bold (Vocal)
7: Johnny Miller, Ckenz Voucal – Good Inside
8: Doc Link – Music 101
9: Timmy Regisford, Tiger Wilson – Sometimes (Terry Hunter’s Bang The Vocal Mix)
10: DJ Punch & Flip – Nothing Matters (DJ Punch & Flip Mix)
11: Fever Brothers – The Pianist (Soul Creative Mix)
12: Filthy Rich – Do It Again
13: James Dexter – System Check
14: Chesus – Special
15: NU Soul – I Gotta Hold On (Silky Scat Dub)
16: Solution – Feels So Right (Victor Simonelli Original)
17: Lovebirds – Mandrill
18: Random Soul – Mysterious (Richard Earnshaw Dubstrumental)
19: Medlar – Knockard Pearl (Detroit Swindle Mix)
20: Lando Kai – Clockin’
21: Torres Bros, Sebastian Bardy – Basements
22: Z Factor - Sounds In The Air (Soul Purpose Remix)
23: Rokaz – Stomp Snake
24: Arttu – Attic House (Gerd’s Re-Arrange Mix)
25: 4 Da People – House Gangsta
26: Nasty Shadez – Flow
27: Henrique Pirai – Soul Do Rio (Vibe Boutique Version)
Close call with this weeks show. Ran out of bandwidth in Jan, it didn't reset until a few hours after the show. Even bought a 4G Mobile dongle to broadcast with, but that was like trying to pass an Elephant through a drinking straw. So fingers crossed hooked the shaped internet up and it worked a treat!
This weeks show was two hours of Latin house both as an attempt to warm everyone in the Northern hemisphere up and also to celebrate Shaun Cowards birthday. If his claims to his current age stack up he is the youngest person to ever graduate from Sheffield Hallam University. More likely that he's forgotten about ten of the years he's spent on this planet.
Anyway back to the mix and as you can imagine with this being Latin house most of the tracks range from the mid 00′s primarily 2005 to 2010.
I have already mixed c2e Latin House 4 which is an 80 min mix reflecting the first half of this show. Keep an eye out for it on the c2emusic.Podomatic.com site - this show has been on there since Jan.
Thanks to the silent listeners and those in the chatroom for sharing a few Mojito moments.
1: Funky Loco – Samba Jazz
2: 4 Siders – Sol Y Mas (Brian Tappart Edit)
3: Hardsoul ft The New Cool Collective – Bounson (Hardsoul’s Latin Direction)
4: Mena Keys – Break It Down
5: Eddy G – Soul Mutha
6: Timmy Vegas & Ash – Cabbage Juice (Original Mix)
7: M.C. and His Latin Jazz Machine – Viva La Presidente
8: Cdock – The Beach (Groove Assassin Remix)
9: Oreja – Vasilando (Rasmus Faber Club)
10: Havanna Funk – Ya Salio (Scientific Soul Dub)
11: Giano – WJSD
12: Agora - Montayo
13: Danny J Lewis - Ballistica (Club Mix)
14: The Bongo Man - Jingo Ugwanda
15: Hardsoul - Deep Inside (Hardsoul Official Mashup)
16: Kiko Navarro - Xel-Ha (Main Mix)
17: DA Stephanie - If We (Shik Styllo Mix)
18: Noir vs Nu Rhythmix – Babylon
19: Ranura De Alma – Mariposa (Word Of Mouth)
20: DJ MFR – Rome Departure
21: Danny Marquez ft Natasha MC Beam – Vibrations
22: DJ Ino ft Yoio C – It’s Around
The name says it all. Spent last week in the UK and it was cold. Even had snow on several days there. Enjoyed catching up with family & friends but was very happy to get back to warmer weather. My spuds went missing for a week it was so cold.
As with all January's it's quiet musically however this mix might give the impression that isn't the case. I'll be honest I was surprised to be able to put together a two hour show of new stuff that sounds pretty tasty.
As you would expect there is a strong new garage sound peppered throughout.
Highlight for me was having Jay-J listen to the show and provide two new promos during the show which got played towards the end. That's the first time I've been able to play a world exclusive, and then not once but twice! The first track was made last week in Sydney in Davor's apartment. Crazy thought that.
Big thanks also to Aaron "Linebacker" Yearwood for turning up WHADUP by Scrambled Eggs & Cheese (I'm not making that up!) One of the hidden gems of 2012 if you ask me.
As always thanks to everyone that tuned in on the outside and in the chatroom. Unfortunately DJ Kevin Anthony has had to move his show to Sunday's so no more back to back session from Sydney to Baltimore. I'd like to say a big thanks to Kevin for the fun we had during 2012 on Thursday's. Look forward to spinning back to back sometime when the airwaves are quiet.
Finally big shout to Niv Margalit over there in Isreal. Founder of 2BContinued and an early supporter of c2eMusic. Niv has been playing c2eMusic mixes on his site www.2bcontinued.co.il for a few years now. Your support is greatly appreciated and long may it continue.
1: Phrij - Zigzaggared
2: Andre Harris - Everybody (Danielle Spencer's Herbal Dub Dose)
3: Atnarko, Sam Mollison - Thinking Of You (Pezzner Dub)
4: Giovanni Ikome & Frankie Foncett - It's A Man's World (The Best of Both Worlds Hard Body Mix)
5: Kruse, Nuernberg, Everything - Like A Version (Version Dub)
6: Dale Howard - Bounce Back
7: Rob Clarke - Life
8: Giom - Hot Rabbits (Spiritchaser Mix)
9: Sierra Hurrt - Butterlies (Kleva Keys Old School Mix)
10: Doc Link - The Cross Up
11: Logistix pres Deon Nathan - I Feel (Souldynamic Remix)
12: Scrambled Eggs & Cheese ft A. Love - WHADUP (SE & C Instrumental)
13: Ewonder ft JD Smoothe - Only U (Ewonder Dub Version)
14: Rosenhaft - Mine
15: Klankarbeit - Fat P
16: Matt Meler ft Ron E Jones - Give It Up (1990 Spin n Rinse Cycle)
17: Mulder - Natural High (Joris Voorn Edit)
18: Kinky Movement & Adaja Black - Loco Love (Animist Vocal Mix)
19: Nick Curly - Underground (Dennis Ferrer Remix)
20: Tom Forrester & Kava Groove - Prozak
21: Jay-J - Noa Tears Inside (Jay-J's Shifted Up Remix)
22: Jay-J & Scott Diaz - For The Moment
23: Frankie Knuckles pres. Directors Cut - The Whistle Song (Re-Directed)
24: Julien Jabre - Swimming Places (KISSING Accapella)
25: Undeground Solution - Luv Dancin' (Deep In My Mind)
Finally managed to get back online - big thanks to John Mateo for ridding my PC of whatever illness it had.
This show was supposed to have aired on Dec 27th as the last of the 2012. Instead it is the first show of 2013 and what a way to start the year.
This mix features one (rare occasion two) tracks from each year starting in 2012 and working back 25 years to 1987.
It was very difficult as you can imagine picking the one track to represent each year. The more you dig the more you find and the harder it gets. Especially as each track would take the mix in a different direction, thus defining what you can pick from earlier years. Not easy, but lot's of fun.
I recommend it to anyone wanting to get re-acquainted with their old vinyl collection again.
We pay our respects to the late DJ Man-X with "Happy Endings" representing 2010 - great talent who will be missed by many.
Leave a comment and let me know which tracks you would have picked for your favourite years.
I am immensely proud to say that the c2eMusic podcast was the number one Podcast over Christmas. That blew my mind and was the best Christmas present I could have wished for, so thank you everyone for making it happen. It is very reassuring that a Deep and Soulful house music podcast can be number one with all of the various genres out there today.
Back to this mix and at just over 2 hrs 40 minutes this is a genuine musical feast for anyone that has been into house from the early days and enjoys a trip down memory lane.
Music is one of those unique things that evokes memories like they happened yesterday. I can remember when I first heard nearly all of the tracks in here. Makes the last 25 years feel like they happened in the blink of an eye.
Keep watching the following for updates on all things c2e and thanks again for all of your support in 2012.
2012: DJ Qness feat. Malehloka - Time (Master Kev & Tony Loreto Remix)
2011: Donae'o - I (Sean Mccabe Remix)
2010: DJ Man-X & Vick Lavender feat. Shawnee Taylor - Happy Endings (Frankie Feliciano Classic Vocal Remix)
2009: Lady Alma - Running For Nothing (Running For Nothing (Vocal))
2008: DJ Spen presents The Jersey Maestros featuring Renee Smith - He's So Real (Muthafunkaz tell Ya Bout Him Remix)
2007: Trackheadz - Feel (Trackheadz Vocal Mix)
2006: Hardsoul - Deep Inside (Official Hardsoul mash up mix)
2005: Olav Basoski - Streets of Moscow (Brian Tappert Miami Edit)
2005: Donna Allen - He Is The Joy (Rawsoul Mix)
2004: The Sunburst Band - Fly Away
2003: Rasmus Faber - Ever After
2002: Deepstar - Sugar (Jazz N Groove Dub)
2001: UBP - We Are One (Jazz N Groove Dub)
2000: Lenny Fontana & DJ Shorty - Chocolate Sensation
1999: Da Mob - It's All Good (Full Intention Mix)
1998: Daddy's Favourite - I Got Good Things For You
1997: Bobby D'Ambrosia & Michelle Weeks - Moment Of My Life
1996: UBP pres Mother Of Pearl - Your Heaven (I Can Feel It) (Soulfuric Dub)
1995: Lil' Mo Ying Yang - Reach
1994: River Ocean ft India - Love & Happiness (Tito & India)
1994: Barbara Tucker - Beautiful People (Underground Network Mix)
1993: Sound Of One - I Know A Place
1993: Roach Motel - Moving On
1992: S.O.U.L.S.Y.S.T.E.M. - It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day (Palladium House Mix)
1991: Robert Owens - I'll Be Your Friend (Def Mix Instrumental)
1990: Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm
1989: FPI Project - Back To My Roots
1988: Todd Terry - Weekend
1988: Inner City - Big Fun
1987: Rhythm Is Rhythm - String Of Life
This is the last show before Christmas,so I guess that makes it my Christmas present to you guys.
May not be suitable background music for the main Christmas meal, but hopefully it will get an airing on your iPod at some point over the festive season.
I am going to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has reached out to show support for c2e. As a result of your support and the accompanying success Tania Fuentez contacted me recently for an interview. It has made my Christmas that someone in NY would want to hear from c2e and I owe that to you guys.
If you haven't read the article yet it's here - http://www.c2emusic.com/tania-fuentez-interview-of-c2emusic/
So in no particular order (except my wife of course!) I'd like to thank the following for your continued support. Have to start with my beautiful wife Leah who has supported from the very beginning and gives me the freedom to make this happen, believe me it takes a lot of time and with our two boys to keep an eye on I'm very grateful to be given the opportunity to do what I love every week. Paul & Carol at Pressure for giving me the chance to play this year, I have had a blast and met some great people as a result.
Andrea Parker, Colin Greenslade, Carlos Spicy Weiner, La Donna, Jules, Mandy & Helen, Mark eboy1975!, Aaron "linebacker" Yearwood, Nick Vidal, Davor Obradovic, Leah The Late Night Dancer, Claire Hardman, Andy Koziol, Murph, Darryl Singh, Bob Hawthorne, Robert Thorogood, William Ayala, Brian Hood, Christopher Brown, Lamonte Wright, Swiss Steff, Luis A Ramos Jr, Lloyd Wharton, Henry Hennerss,Simon Bowden, Chris Harris, Ramon Ramone, Jaimey Queeman Stringer-Tracy, Lydia Hinton, Adam Michael Jones, Stan Harris, Hamza Davis, GoGo JoJo, Paul Brooker, Deborah Abramoff, Jenifer Jules, Toni Ebron, Fred Rob, Max Keeling, Alex Lion, Shawn Levy, Massimiliano Merlini, Christina McCormack, Swa Winkler, Ron Hill, Stephanie Curry, Niv Margalit, Freddy Rodriguez, Mark Martin, Inez Jackson and Tony Moore.
And to everyone else out there that downloads, plays,recommends and enjoys a HUGE thank you. You are all part of my c2e Family with a shared love for great house music.
Look out for the last show of the year. It's going to be a BIG one.
1. Sjef Wanders - Many Ways
2. Kindimmer - Rthoms
3. Ron Trent - Message To The World
4. Our Projects - Ravenswood
5. Evan Iff - When You Get There (Mattias Vogt Remix)
6. Timmy P - What You Sayin (Chesus Oh! Remix)
7. Sean McCabe & Groove Assassin - Body Move
8. Harry Wolfman, LG - The Sabbath
9. John Mood - Dial #903
10. Tortured Soul- Dirty (DJ Spinna Nostalgic Future Remix)
11. Ziggy Funk ft Taliwa - Everyday (Frankie Feliciano Vocal Mix)
12. Msadler, Arnaud D, MJ White - Sweet Innocence (Jesus Gonsev's More Deeper Remix)
13. Sean McCabe & Groove Assassin- Love Fantasy
14. Sonny Fodera & Deep City Soul - Make Me Feel
15. Trackheadz ft Lee Anne King - Baby Steps
16. Deep City Soul & Sonny Fodera - Ain't It Bad
17. DJMes & Sonny Fodera - Give It Up
18. Groove Assassin - We Shall Overcome
19. Sandy Turnbull ft Mr Bailey - Dreaming
20. JD73 - Love Will Save The Day (Richard Earnshaw Instrumental)
21. Rhomanthony - Bring U Up (Deetron Mix)
22. Sadam Ant - Daft Funk (Joey Negro's Computer Funk)
23. LTS- Do You Feel Me? (Nathan G Re:Shuffle)
24. Lurob & Soul De Marin - Yellow Tremelo
25. John Mood - A Basement Romance(De Sluwe Vos 'Kontra'Remix)
26. Eddie Niguel - Absolute
27. DJ Ali, Tim Fuller - You Don't Know (Honey Dijon's Get To Know Me Mix)
28. Benedict - Automatism
29. Kool & Duval - U Lift Me Up (Craig Stewart Remix)
30. Cloud 9 - Do You Want Me Baby (Dusky Remix)
31. 4 Da People - Live My Life (Dub Mix)
Enjoy & Merry Christmas!
This is what happens when you finish work early and have the itch to mix. Auto-DJ is playing and you can hear classic UK garage tracks ringing in your ears, only one thing to do……
It’s back and forth with the original sound of UK Garage – Nice N Ripe and the newer incarnations from Groove Assassin, Jose Carretas, Sean McCabe.
All flying the Union jack in the name of deep soulful house.
This mix has been available on www.c2emusic.com website since the 20th Dec 2012. So if you want it while it's still hot from the oven remember to check out the website
1. Carolyn Harding – Pick It Up (Sean McCabe Dub)
2. Grant Nelson & Richard Purser – Sensation
3. Grant Nelson – Move This Rhythm (Every Which Way Dub)
4. Grant Nelson – Track 101
5. The Essence – Large
6. Behind The Mask – Freedom Is Sweeter
7. Deep Cover – Can’t Stop This Feeling
8. Groove Assassin, Sean McCabe – Got Me Down
9. Sofia Rubina – Make Me Beautiful (Groove Assassin Remix)
10. Restless Soul ft Zaniska – And I Know It (Jose Carretas Alternative Mix)
11. Zed Bias ft Jenna G – Change Your Mind
12. Sly – Body Action
13. Groove Committee – Freedom
14. Warren Clarke – Stuck Together
15. 24 Hr Experience – AllNighter
16. Warren Clarke – Sensation
17. South Central – Deep In Dub
As the year draws to a close it’s time to reflect back on the goodies served up to us by the finest soulful house producers on the globe.
I’m sure there won’t be too many surprises, although with this being my show I get to choose my favs from the year.
It’s fair to say there wasn’t much disagreement in the chatroom during the show. There are a couple of naked beats in the session which I apologise for, it is easy to get carried away in the chatroom before realising you should have dropped the next tune on the last set of 32′s!
I was surprised at how many quality vocal tracks were released this year as it would be fair to say that the soulful scene isn’t as big as it was, especially with the Deep house sound growing at the moment.
Great to see tunes from the likes of Reel People, The Layabouts and of course the rear guard, Dave Lee, Spen, Josh Milan. Sean McCabe was in fine form again this year with three tracks in this mix. The guy is a legend already. Don’t forget to tune in every Thursday 10am to 12pm GMT on Pressure radio to catch these sets live. Be part of history in the making.
This mix has been available exclusively on the www.c2emusic.com site since 13th Dec. For
1. Soulful Session – Days Gone By
2. Erin Leah & N’Dinga Gaba – Rocker
3. Poussez vs Demarkus Lewis – Passin Thru (Sean McCabe Mix)
4. Reel People – Sure (MCDL Remix)
5. AAries – Don’t Give Up (Reel People Mix)
6. Cajmere & Russoul – Love Is You
7. Mistura ft Kendra Cash – Smile (Joey Negro Club Mix)
8. Incognito – Freedom To Love (Reel People Mix)
9. Joey Negro & The Sunburst Band – Take It To The Top (Joey Negro Extended)
10. The Layabouts ft Portia Monique – Do Better (Layabouts Vocal Mix)
11. Local Instruments ft MJ White – Living My Dream (Zepherin Saint Mix)
12. Carolyn Harding – Pick It up (Sean McCabe Club Vocal)
13. Miranda Nicole – Kissing You (Josh Milan Honeycomb Vocal)
14. House Of Soul ft Rochelle Rice – Everyday (Adam Rios and Johnny JM Vocal)
15. Brandi D – Love It (Maurice Joshua Mix)
16. Kenny Summit & Director’s Cut pres Yasmeen – Loving You
17. Marissa Guzman – Outta My Head (Demarkus Lewis Rockit Lab Mix)
17. DJ Qness ft Malehloka – Time (Master kev & Tony Loreto Mix)
18. DJ Christos pres Ree Morris – Inside of Me (Ralf Gum Remix)
19. Nova Fronteira – Everybody Loves The Sunshine (Sean McCabe Mix)
20. N’Dinga Gaba & DJ Spen ft Marc Evans – Until You (N’Dinga’s Deep in You Dub)
21. Migosy – Skyline (Sean McCabe Vocal Mix)
No this isn't some strange travel related naming convention coming up. It's just that these past few weeks have been HECTIC with lot's of travel so the only time I get to listen to new music is while sitting in long tin sausages with wings on. Now for those of you unfamiliar with the geography down under, Melbourne is only 55 minutes away from Sydney, and when you factor in how much of that requires you to have your electronic devices turned off, you'll appreciate how little time I had to get across the new tracks I bought that morning for the show.
So you can imagine how tightly my bum cheeks were squeezed at the thought of doing a two hour live mix with tracks I'd only heard a couple of minutes of.
For that reason alone I have to say I really like this set. It was a rare occasion where I got to hear the tracks for the first time along with the live listeners and it's a great feeling, especially while chatting about the music with people in the chatroom.
It's another mammoth set at over two hours and forty minutes and as a result there are a few twists and turns.
Great bunch of people in the chatroom, it's becoming a regular Thursday get together which is great to see and be part of. Big shout's to Jules, Mandy T, Leah, Davide, Bob, Nick, LaDonna and Mark who are regulars in there.
Not forgetting those regular silent listeners, Andy K, Colin G, Paul in Sweden and Helen.
Shouts to the regular Pod followers next week I promise . You know who you are and hopefully know how appreciative I am of your support over the past few years (hasn't time flown!)
Anyway - this set is a big one and should keep you all out of trouble for a few days.
1) Yan Gordo - Earth
2) Groove Assassin, Tantra Zawadi & Dana Byrd - African Sunrise (Dub)
3) Black Jazz Consortium - Groove Meditation
4) Definition Of Soul - Definition Of Soul (QuestionmarQ Deep Remix)
5) Dairmount & Berardi - Static Off
6) Dairmount - Dust Devil (Dub)
7) Concept e25 - Deep Orange (Montel Remix)
8) Reel People, Dyanna Fearon - Butterflies (The Layabouts Vocal Mix)
9) AAries - Don't Give Up (Reel People Remix)
10) Domscott, Elle Marchelle, Kenny McNeil - I Try For You (Christian Scott Mix)
11) Marlon D pres Ultra Nate - God's Message (Marlon D's Original Instrumental)
12) Spiritchaser - Paradise Row (Horizon Dub)
13) Sonny Fodera & Danny Kane ft Jacqui George - You Made Me Do It (GN Remix)
14) Mike Sharon - I Feel It
15) Danny J Lewis - Monument 2 The Underground
16) Ed Herbst - Those Memories
17) A Lister - Baby
18) Groove Assassin - We Shall Overcome
19) Stacy Kidd & Vincent Inc - Rush To Return
20) Ralf Gum ft Wumni - Brother Like No Other (Ralf Gum Horn Dub)
21) Fred Everything - Circles One
22) Lovebirds - Give A Sh1t
23) Art Of Tones - Dolces
24) Lovebirds - Chasing Things
25) Kinky Movement & Adaja Black - Loco Love (Animist Vocal)
26) Capital T ft Taymah - Perfect Love (Groove Assassin Masterclass Mix)
27) Groove Assassin - Bring U Up
28) DJ Pierre (a.k.a The Don) - The Horn Song (Cajmere Rework)
29) Mikki Afflick ft Jah L Rainey - Illusions (An Afflick Tek Instrumental)
30) Alankara & Jazzy D - Higher Love (Fender Edit)
This was an exclusive c2emusic.com mix from a live Pressure set on Sunday evening in early.
John Mateo had been entertaining for a few hours and needed a rest so I jumped on.
Original intention was to keep it nice and mellow. A gentle Sunday roast of a mix.
As you will hear it is civilised for the most part, but there is a large dose of DEEP towards the end as Europe woke up and jumped in the chatroom to egg me on.
1: Soulful Session ft Rachel Calladine - Days Gone By
2: Groove Assassin - Afternoon Delight (GA Minesweeper Mix)
3: Carolyn Harding - Pick It Up (Sean McCabe Vocal)
4: The Realm ft Tony Momrelle - Time (Frankie Feliciano Classic Vocal)
5. Cajmere - Get Up Off Me
6. Johnny Dangerous - How Deep (I Can't Handle It) (Groove Assassin Club Mix)
7. Soul Vision Ft Joe Adams - Don't Stop (Distance Vocal)
8. Version - Nothing (Marlon D's Underground Collective Mix)
9. Rocco & C. Robert Walker - I Love The Night (Louie Vega Roots Mix)
10. Angel-A - Music In My Head (MKTL Vocal Mix)
11. DJ Sneak – Getting Crazy In The Ghetto
12. Karizma ft Monique Bingham - Good Morning (Kaytronic Remix)
13. Elements Of Life ft Lisa Fischer & Cindy Mizelle - Into My Life (You Brought The Sunshine) (Main Mix)
14. Lonewolf ft Claude Bain - Big Tune (Panevinos Mix)
15. Angel-A - Come Sunday Morning (Angel-A & Doc Link Remix)
16. Lisa Millet - When I'm Dancin' (DJ Spen’s Alternate Mix)
17. Grant Nelson - Dance M.F.
18. David Harness & Chris Lum - Soul Bump
19. Rick Wade-Harlem Funk
20. Lovebirds - Brotha (Raw Mix)
21. FCL - Let's Go
22. Maya Jane Coles - Little One
23. Marc Romboy vs Rodriguez Jr-Picnic Electronique
24. Mr Pickle-In Your Soul (Samma Lone Remix)
25. Milton Jackson-Ghosts In My Machine
26. Arttu-Attic House (Gerd's R-Arrange Mix)
27. Elz & Elise - Useless (Harlum Original Mix)
28. Steve Mill, Elias Tzikas - Christies Inner Thoughts (Shur-I-Khan Mix)
29. Lovebirds - The Rat
30. Francesco Tarantini - Come Back
31. Detroit Swindle - I Gotta Know
32. Sandboy & Nanar - Night Song (Yoruba Soul Mix)
33. Ezel ft Tamara Wellons - In My Lifetime (Deetron Mix)
34. Reel People ft Tony Momrell - It Will Be (Ezel's Vocal Mix)
I put this show together while on a long haul flight up to Singapore. Well what else are you going to do while stuck in a tin can for 8 hours?!
The actual show varied from the original idea with much more disco than planned.
The majority of the mix is deep with a big influence from the new London garage sound that the likes of Danny J Lewis are pumping out at the moment.
Then to keep you on your toes we grab our roller boots and do a couple of laps to some disco infused house.
We chunk things up again before coming back down with a track from 2007 - Pepe Bradocks "Burning".
Thanks to everyone in the chat room as always. Time always flies with the bantar we have in there.
Big Big shout to Andy Ward for helping create my new website over the last couple of weeks. If you are looking for a place to call home on the web get in touch with him. www.wardswebsites.com
Not too hard to guess the URL of my new website - www.c2emusic.com
Over time I will be providing exclusive mixes only available on the site. Eventually all mixes will be moved over to the site with Podomatic only providing "play only" of the last couple of shows. It's just too expensive to to use Podomatic to host these days.
Let me know what you think of the new site. Feedback as with the mixes can only help me improve.
As you have seen not every show gets released as a Podcast. That's down to a whole host of reaosns, mainly technical . However it goes to show that if you want to hear it all there's only one place to go - Pressure Radio every Thursday at 10am GMT.
1) Danny J Lewis - See Us Thru
2) Will Maddams - My Turn
3) Will Maddams - Our Turn
4) Detroit Swindle - Creep
5) Franky, Nandi - Tonight (Cuebur Dub Mix)
6) Erin Leah - Radio Billie, Stereo Ella (Bradford's Brooklyn Deep)
7) Saint Nicholas ft Biggie - Sunshine (Gmbos Deep Vocal)
8) Carlos Vargas & Nicole Mitchell - Missing You (Groove Assassin Deepa Mix)
9) Groove Assassin & Sean McCabe (wowzers!) - Got Me Down
10) Rick Wade - Harlem Funk EP
11) Detroit Swindle - I Gotta Know
12) Danny J Lewis - Only Love
13) Dave Mayer ft Louie Hale - Sub Spectrum (It's Yours Acca)
14) Sascha Lebt - The Path
15) Bassfort - Moon Light
16) Kyodai - Sex Affair
17) CRS - Jazzy Joint
18) Disco Dice - Party People
19) Doug Willis - Skate Dancer (Joey Negro Club Mix)
20) Ghosts Of Venice - We Come Out At Night
21) Chris Lum - Big Tool (DJ Spen's Caveman Jungle Boogie Mix)
22) Maurice Joshua - Drum Chant (J Tribe Mix)
23) 95 North & Big D vs Eric Kupper - Think About (2012 NuDeep)
24) Maya Jane Coles - No Sympathy
25) Joey Negro pres Akabu - Heatwave On Mars (Kaytronix Heated Mix)
26) Pepe Bradock & The Grand Brule's - Burning (Deep Burnt)
We had ourselves a bumper show this week with an extra 30 minutes. The mix covers pretty much every base on an epic journey.
Starting with a fav of mine from 1991 - "In The Air" on Strictly Rhythm".
The mix then get's deep for a couple of tracks before bringing in some mellow vocal sounds.
We start to turn the screw around the hour mark but keep it vocal. Some incredible tracks in this section. If you like your up-tempo vocal house your in for a treat.
The jumping pumping discofied stuff is next with plenty to shake your rump to.
The gloves come off in the next section as we get chunky and deep.
We finish off with a modern classic from Josh Milan.
Great fun in the chatroom with the Thursday crew and great support on the outside from the regulars, Andy, Claire and Mandy in the UK. I appreciate all of your support, makes my Thursdays special.
Catch you all next week - same time, same place.
Don't forget to join the FB page to keep up to date.
Also if your ears are looking for entertainment same time on a Friday then check out Davide B on Pressure Radio 10am GMT.
Finally this week would have been C2E Family member Melvin Carlton Roberts 30th birthday but sadly he isn't with us to celebrate. Emma his partner has set up a site to make donations to PSC research to help prevent others from being taken too soon.
Please show your support - every little helps.
1) Groove Asylum - In The Air
2) DirtyTwo - I'm Feelin' (ft Frosche)
3) Prince Adam - Brick City
4) Matthias Heilbronn - Have Mercy
5) Aquarian Dream - Love & Tears
6) DJ Spen pres Marc Evans & N'Dinga Gaba - My Heart Remembers (N'Dinga's Main Mix)
7) Reel People ft Darien - Sure (MdCL Remix)
8) AAries - Don't Give It Up (Reel People Remix)
9) Mellow Baku & The Friday People - Make It Brighter (A New Funky Generation)
10) GOFFunk ft Belle Erskine - Sucker For Your Love (Spiritual Blessings Dub)
11) Noir - Satisfied (House Vocal Mix)
12) Audiowhores - Trapped
13) Angel-A - Come Sunday Morning (Angel-A & Doc Link Mix)
14) Jeremy Sylvester ft Troy Denari - Don't Want To Let You Go (Orig Instrumental)
15) Kenny Summit & Director's Cut pres Yasmeen - Loving You
16) Mike Newman & Antoine Cortez - Come With You
17) Frankie Knuckles pres Director's Cut ft B Slade - Get Over U (Sami Dee Edit)
18) Cajmere & Gene Farris - The Biz
19) The Ripper - Room Control
20) Tigerskin - Yellow Tops
21) J Paul Getto - Imma Let You Know
22) Phonik Funk - I'll Tell You Babe
23) Rabiano - Grasshopper (Breakdown Phukin Hard Mix)
24) Butch No Worries
25) Darko Kustura - Tricks On Memory
26) Kyodai - Sex Affair (Main Mix)
27) Craig Loftis pres Grand High Priest - Mary, Mary (At-One Stripped Dub)
28) AND - Don't Panic
29) Josh Milan - Your Body (Louie EOL Mix)
This mix is the last in the 92, 02, 12 series. It's a vinyl only affair which made it great fun to do as it was a rare chance to blow the dust off the old 1210's and touch the music. Even have a couple of authentic fat finger moments too!
Putting the session together I was amazed how many tracks were actually from 2001, which means 2001 is set to get rinsed a couple of times in upcoming shows too.
Anyway back to 02 and it's not that shabby either. I'm sure you all remember - Soulfuric & Defected rules the waves and that is evident in this mix.
Some big tunes in here and it may surprise you that they are now 10 years old.
We had a good old reminisce in the chat room during the show.
The clocks have changed in the UK now so the show now starts 10am GMT (well it always did!) However this will now be an hour earlier for those in the UK.
New show times for the next few months.
Aukcland - 11pm to 1am
Sydney, Melbourne - 9pm to 11pm
Tokyo, Seoul - 7pm to 9pm
Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai - 6pm to 8pm
New Dheli, Mumbai - 3.30pm to 5.30pm
Dubai, Moscow - 2pm to 4pm
Athens, Helsinki, Jo'Burg - 12pm to 2pm
CST - Paris, Berlin, Milan - 11am to 1pm
GMT - London, Lisbon 10am - 12pm
Rio, Sao Paulo - 8am to 10am
EST - NY, Miami, Toronto - 6am to 8am
PST - LA, Vancouver - 3am to 5am (Late night session)
Honolulu - 12am - 2am
Everyone else will be in bed!
1) Sir Piers ft Monique Bingham - Don't You Love Me
2) Kathy Brown - You Give Good Love (J-Jays Moulton Studio Dub)
3) Jody Watley - Photographs (Restless Soul Mix)
4) Stacy Kidd - I Wanted You (Club Mix)
5) Mondo Grosso - Star Suite (Blaze Shelter Vocal Mix)
6) Deepstar - Sugar (Sugar Vocal)
7) Richard Earnshaw - People R People
8) Veika Erkola - Try To Be Calm
9) Erro - Change For Me (Joey Negro Club Mix)
10) MAW ft India - Backfired (Joey Negro Club Mix)
11) Mindinfluence - The Best Part (Copyright Mix)
12) Soul Theory - Drama (Dramatic Soul Dub)
13) NRU - Funky Nassau
14) JJK - Dancin In Paradise
15) Bob Sinclar - Save Our Souls
16) Jetlag - So Right (Axwell & BT's Essence Dub)
17) Grant Nelson - Free
18) Deepstar - Sugar (Jazz N Groove Dub)
19) Grant Nelson - Switch
20) Hott 22 - Dreamscape
21) Shaun Escoffery - Day's Like This (DJ Spinna & Ticklah Club Mix)
Since last weeks show was a trip back in time to 92 I thought it would be wise to reassure everyone that music is still strong today, so this weeks show is a best of 2012. Obviously we are only 3/4 of the way through, but as this show demonstrates 2012 has been a pretty good year by anyone's standards.
This mix is definitely on the chunkier side, so we may well see a more soulful "best of" before Santa drops his sack down the chimney.
The end of this Podcast is slightly different to the live show. That's because I fought the Dropbox and..... the Dropbox won - during the first 15 minutes of the show, so I restarted and forgot to hit record again!
In the live show the guys in the chatroom twisted my arm to keep it pumping. However I re-recorded the session on Sunday night so chose to end on a more mellow note (it was late and I was knacked.)
Thanks to everyone that listened to the live show, it was a busy chatroom once again and it was great to see long time supporters in there.
Likely to get back to the new stuff next week - so remember to tune in for the latest sounds around.
As Colin rightly pointed out, I've been telling everyone an incorrect UK time for the show. It is on at 11am BST (10am GMT), so I apologise to anyone that misses the first half of the show.
However for everyone in Australia next weeks show starts an hour later - so 9pm Sydney time to 11pm. That's due to our clocks going forward this weekend. This will be the regular time during our Summer. Hope I can persuade you to stay up late on a school night
1) Carolyn Harding - Pick It Up (Sean McCabe Dub)
2) Henrique Pirai - AP Dub
3) Chymamusique - Wolrd Is Good
4) DJ Garphie - Come Here Me Now
5) Joss Moog - Underground Notes 2
6) Shur-I-Khan - In The Groove
7) Leon Pirupa - Bassline
8) House Heads - Bit's & Pieces
9) Tigerskin - Yellow Tops
10) Beppe Gioia & Thomas Toccafondi - Togetherness (J Sylvesters Mix)
11) Kyodai - Do Yo Wanna
12) Dale Howard - You Can
13) Orlando B - Deep For Life
14) Eddy G - Soul Mutha
15) Marissa Guzman - Outta My Head (Demarkus Lewis Rockit Lab Mix)
16) Oscar Barila - The Last Goodbye (Maiki Remix)
17) Actual Proof - Huff n' Puff
18) Nick Nikolov - Come Down
19) wAFF - Jo Johnson
20) Triagen - What I Feel Now
21) Rober Gaez - Drunkin Preacher (Jorge Montia & Juan Diaz Remix)
22) Nocturnal DJs ft Backroom Congregation - Fall On Me (DJ Shaheer Williams & Dwayne Spen Richardson Backroom Mix)
23) Lay Far - BYRSLF
24) Khanya Balani & Miki Afflick ft Nkulli Dube - Casual People (Seed In The City 808 Dub Mix)
This is another special session. Every track harks back to the glory days of 1991/92. The mix features tracks and mixes from tapes that inspired me back in the day and definitely left their mark.
First up is a local DJ from Blackpool Scott McMillan who used to produce a series of mixes called Max Trax. They got some serious action in my walkman with sounds from Strictly, Nervous and Azuli. The first two tracks of this mix are from the start of Max Trax 5. I used to rewind it over and over.
Next up is homage to a club I never went to but wish I had. "Legends" in Warrington. Again the tapes got hammered and introduced me to the notion of mixing the styles up as they played a wide range of styles in the night.
The majority of this mix however owes pretty much everything to DJ Harri the Sub Club resident up in Glasgow. He played at a night called Shanghai at the Beer Keller in Blackpool back in 92 and my friends and I were lucky enough to get hold of the recorded set. It sounded like nothing else at the time, Harri played the flip sides of stuff most guys were spinning. The result was a real deep future sound which really doesn't sound out of place today.
It took me 20 years to post the cassette recording and have the guys at TuneID.com help ID almost all of the tracks (those boys really know their stuff). I bought most of it on vinyl at Christmas and have finally been able to pay homage to the incredible set Harri put down that night. Most of the sequencing is from his set, I've only tweaked a few around. If it ain't broken........
I hope you all get the same buzz from listening to this as I have over the last 20 years.
1) Madd Noise - With Marsh Mellows
2) Chocolate Fudge - U Got Me Stompin
3) Ben Dover - Get Down Tonight
4) Frankie Knuckles - Workout
5) NiceGuy Soulman - Feel It (Nice Guy In Philly Mix)
6) Todd Terry - Samba
7) The Bhundu Boys - Bye Bye Stembi (Dub)
8) Todd Terry - Kashmir
9) Havanna - Ethnic Prayer (Euro Mix)
10) Crunch - 50c (2 Quarters Mix)
11) Tyrrel Corporation - One Day (Dub)
12) Madonna - Deeper & Deeper (David's Love Dub)
13) Reel 2 Reel - I'm The Mad Stuntman
14) Sandy B - Feel Like Singin
15) World Series Of Life - I Would Do Anything (Sil Piano Dub)
16) Madonna - Erotica (Underground Club Mix)
17) S.O.U.L.S.Y.S.T.E.M. - It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day (Dub House Mix II)
18) Trilogy - Good Time
19) S.O.U.L.S.Y.S.T.E.M. - It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day (Dub House Instrumental)
20) Dina Carrol - Ain't No Man (Brothers In Rhythm Mix)
21) Bobby Konders - Bad Boy Dance
22) Chrome Seduction - A Love Devine
23) KWS - Hold Back The Night (Joey Negro KOK Mix)
24) East Side Beat - Alive N' Kickin (The Ken Wood Dub)
25) Zone Ranger - To Be Real
26) Candyflip ft C-Bounce - Keep The Faith (Friday Night Mix)
27) My Friend Sam - It's My Pleasure (Dub)
28) C&C Music Factory - Pride
29) T-Empo - Saturday Night, Sunday Morning
Great show this week. Even had people in the chatroom waiting for the set to start.
Three very distinct sounds in this weeks show. The opening third sees some beautiful deep productions with haunting strings and keys featuring Karizma. In fact there are no fewer than six, yes six tracks from the B'more legend.
The next transition is in to Discofried house. As you would expect Joey Negro is there and kicks things off. A trip back in time brings out the classic Bros Loves Dubs - "Ming's Incredible Disco Machine" which is 19 years old now. Made famous by Tony Humphries on the original Ministry session release.
The last transition is into some deep chunky house that you won't be able to sit still through. Highlight for me is "Jo Johnson" which just keeps going and going. We see some crazy three deck action, not once but twice and all featuring tracks from Baltimore.
Great catching up with the guys in the chatroom. There is a nice little crowd of us meeting up in there every Thursday now. If you've not stopped by for a cuppa yet, what are you waiting for?!
The musical kettle is brewing Every Thursday 8pm to 10pm in Sydney, 11am to 1pm in London.
Milk and two sugars?
1) HNNY - Apricots
2) Karizma - Mornin'
3) Henrique Pirai - AP Dub (Pointblank Extended Mix)
4) Edmund - Deep Is All You Need
5) Move Body - Move Forward
6) MihayLove & Ev Darko - Night Fever (MihayLove Remix)
7) Karizma - The Power
8) Shur-I-Khan - In The Groove
9) Peter James Khan ft Oriell Anderson - Do U See (Phil Asher Inst)
10) Roy Ayers - Sugar (Joey Negro Club)
11) Bros Love Dubs - Ming's Incredible Disco Machine
12) Tigerskin - Yellow Tops
13) Jose Burgos & The Playas - Saturday Groove
14) Gusto - Disco's Revenge
15) Nightrhymes ft Keith Thompson - Lose Your Shhht (NY Mix)
16) waFF - Jo Johnson
17) Shur-I-Khan - The Fly
18) Whitenoize - In My Younger Dayz
19) Marc Evans - You Can't Hide From Yourself (DP1 Dub Break Down)
20) Karizma - K.O.N.G.
21) Deepah Ones - Da Bang Banga
22) Dana Weaver - Heavenly (Deepah Ones Remix)
23) X Press 2 - Music Xpress
24) Lovebirds - Mandrill
Like a phoenix from the ashes we return. After a complete rebuild of the PC I was very happy and extremely relieved to get last weeks show away smoothly (except I forgot to press record - but that's good old human error).
This mix is almost completely full of tracks purchased the morning of the show so I am very happy with how it turned out having had little time to check the new tracks out.
A couple of big stonkers for me are the exquisite Dana Weaver's "Heavenly", so good there are two versions in here. The Deepah Ones Dub just gets me foaming at the mouth every time. The second track is Orlando B with "Deep For Life", it has everything I love about deep soulful house.
Oh and the Tony Lioni track is nuts too.
Had a great crowd for this weeks show both inside the chat room and outside. Hope you can all join me again next week.
For those that haven't yet, please check out the Pressure Radio app on iTunes store, it's free and let's you listen on the go.
Until next week as Jerry Springe rwould say, take care of yourselves and each other, and all while listening to a bit of house - C2E style.
1) The Believers - Who Dares To Believe In Me (Just Living High Mix)
2) Pablo Fierro - Aight
3) Mi Casa - La Vida (Atjazz Remix)
4) Ezel ft Djinji Brown - Thunderbolts (Atjazz Main Mix)
5) Kink - Mood
6) Funkyloco - Samba jazz
7) DJ Spen pres Dana Weaver - Heavenly (N'Dinga Gaba & Jon Vance Pitch)
8) Markus Schulz, C.L. McSpadden - Clap Along
9) Ziggy Funk ft Taliwa - What You Afraid Of (Spen & Thommy Davis Disco Party)
10) Frej Le Vin - The More I See You (Soulplate Rerub)
11) DJ Spen pres Groove CarteLL & Morepa Park - Reminisce (Groove CarteLL Lounge Mix)
12) Ralphi Rosario - You Used To Hold Me (Spritchaser Vocal)
13) A Lister - Jump
14) Dale Howard - No Need
15) Orlando B - Deep For Life
16) Daniel Solar - Needin' You
17) DJ Spen pres Dana Weaver - Heavenly (Deepah Ones Dub)
18) Sonny Federa - Somebody
19) Tony Lioni - Loving you
20) Rubix - I Love
21) India & Peppe Citarella - Mamafrica (Citarella Dub Piano Dub)
22) Lady Bird & Friends - After Rain Comes The Sun (DJ Rork Extended Edit)
Where do we start? This is the first podcast in a few weeks for a number of reasons. Firstly I finally got hold of a new controller which has opened up the vinyl options, so the last few weeks have just been free flowing crate diggin' sessions. This weeks show was then plagued by technical difficulties again. To the point it made the stream too hard to follow so a HUGE thank you to those that stuck with it.
As a result I have now rebuilt and upgraded the old bird. Hoping that should see an end to any future show being plagued by tech issues.
Big shout out to Lloyd Warton who stopped by in the early hours over in DC to say hi in the chat room - and thanks to Andrea Parker in NY for putting him onto C2E . Also thanks to Ashley down here in Oz who also jumped in there. Big thanks to the regulars, Bob, Jules, Wally my Mum & of course Kevin Anthony who follows on from my show. Fair play to Nick for trying but I know the stream was pretty unbearable.
This week's show owe's a lot to the Pressure family of DJs as a fair few of the tracks were spotted in their shows, so thanks to Frank Soto, Andy Ward, DJ Erv and Brother C. If you haven't checked them out yet, have a look on the Pressure schedule and show some support. Great tunes by some great DJs.
Next weeks show I'll be using the new kit, so I am excited (and a little nervous!) In the meantime you guys can kick back and enjoy this cheeky little gremlin of a mix.
1) Atjazz & Julien Gomez - Overshadowed (Atjazz Galaxy Aart Dub)
2) True 2 Life ft Rainy Paine - Beautiful Day (Red Soul Mix)
3) Groove Addix ft Annette Taylor - Faith (DJ Spinna Galactic Soul Remix)
4) Ralf Gum & Monique Bingham - Little W 12th St (Sean McCabe Dub)
5) Champion Soul - Holdin' on (Part One)
6) The Playerz - Making Me High
7) Nova Fronteira - Everybody Loves The Sunshine (Sean McCabe Remix)
8) The Sunburst Band ft Donna Gardier & Diane Charlemagne - The Secret Life
Of Us (Joey Negro Extended Mix)
9) Leon & Pirupa - Bassline
10) House Heads - Bit & Pieces (Choice Mix)
11) Nick Nikolov - Come Down
12) D-Reflection ft Thor Dulay - Real Life Fantasy (D's 909 Reflection)
13) Deep City Soul & Groove Assassin - I Need You (Groove Assassin Slam Dub)
14) Colin Sales & S.U.Z.Y. - All About The Love (Piers Kirwan Ins)
15) Mateo & Matos - MAW Basics (Gerd NY Stomp Mix)
16) DJ Disciple - It's Easy
17) Nocturnal DJs ft backroom Congregation - Fall On Me (DJ Shaheer Williams & Dwayne Spen Richards mix)
18) Phlash & Friends - Runnin (Club Mix)
19) Mastiksoul - Macaroon (The Bob at SPW at 5am with a bottle of JD track)
20) Ossie - Lovecrazy
Mainly new stuff this week, although we do have some classics towards the end.
Opening track is a real tasty deep house number from Timo Beridze, thanks to Simon Caldwell for introducing me to it at a recent event in Sydney.
The first 30 minutes is a voyage into the deep with some nice rolling thunder.
We transition into the vocals of which we have a few. Some nice vocal tracks been released recently from The Layabouts, Ziggy Funk and an epic remix by the legendary Josh Milan.
Purely by chance we have two Ghetto tracks this week, hence the title. First is in the deep section - "Ghetto Love" by Desos, and then as we toughen up the vocals we have Chris Rob's "Ghetto People" complete with cheeky Jill Scott acca.
We turn the clock back for Lou2 - Freaky a track that is 17 years old now but still sounding great. My bouncy track of the week has to be Juilo Bashmore's "Au Seve". We ease out with "10 Jay St" which I first heard on Trevor Ricci's Sunday Sessions here on Pressure, only 10 years after it's release!
Thanks to everyone in the chatroom again. Shout to Jeff Vaz over there in Spain. Hope you all enjoyed what you heard.
1) Timo Beridze - Raw Feelings
2) Motor City Drum Ensemble - Monorail
3) SEK - Feel What You Want
4) Desos - Ghetto Love
5) The True Rebels - True Rebels
6) Disclosure - My Intention Is War (Fig ii)
7) Nathan G - Loop Me With Your Love
8) John Crockett ft Samantha Faison - Boy I'm Lovin' You (Pablo Martinez)
9) The Layabout ft Terri Walker - Here With You (The Layabouts Vocal)
10) Ziggy Funk ft Taliwa - What You Afraid Of (Ziggy's Original)
11) Miranda Nicole - Kissing You (Josh Milan Honeycomb Vocal)
12) Chris Rob - Ghetto People (Guy Robin Instrumental)
13) DJ Qness ft Malehloka - Time (Master Kev and Tony Loreto)
14) Jazzloungerz - Obsession
15) House Of Soul ft Rochelle Rice - Everyday (Adam Rios & Johnny JM Vocal)
16) DJ Spen pres Damond Ramsey - Feel The Heat (DJ Spen re-edit)
17) Lou2 - Freaky (The Bar Heads Mix)
18) The Absolute Introducing Suzanne Palmer - There Will Come A Day (Black Lozenge)
19) Mas Pito - Bongobonix
20) Julio Bashmore - Au Seve
21) Downtown Brooklyn Inc - 10 Jay St
Hectic week at work meant all new tracks were still sitting in my cart on Traxsource when the show came round. So it was time to raid the musical fridge to see what kind of stew we could come up with.
The meat is definitely of African origin - big game in the form of Marir, Mirror Dance and Jo'Bergs Theme. The thickening stock is courtesy of Smile, and the aptly named Delicious. There are a few funky flavas in there too with Raw Cuts 3, Breaking, a couple of Lovebirds and a rat! All delicately balanced with the sweet taste of Another World and Son Of Dragon.
It is mighty tasty I must say, I reckon you'll find yourself heading back for seconds....thirds.......
Another fun chatroom again - thanks to those that come in to keep me company.
New tunes next week I reckon.
Remember join the FB group to be kept updated and get a peek of the tracks ahead of the show. http://facebook.com/c2emusic
1) DJ Romain & Jon Cutler ft Jeannie Hopper - Deje Vu (Mr V's Roots Main Mix)
2) Lovebirds - The Rat
3) Lovebirds - Give A Shit
4) Fish Go Deep - ESL
5) MYNC Project ft Carl kennedy - Ride The Storm (Nacho Marco Afternoon Sunshine Mix)
6) Avery Sunshine - Ugly Part Of Me (Terry Hunter BANG)
7) Warm Days ft Swindle and Natalie Maddix - Selfish Skies (Atjazz Remix)
8) Jose Carretas ft Marcus Begg - Delicious (Vocal Mix)
9) James Blakstar John ft Deon Nathan - Smile (Main Mix (P-Retouch)
10) Version - Nothing (Marlon D's Underground Collective Vocal)
11) MCDE - Raw Cut's 3
12) Kyodai - Breaking (Original)
13) Marlon D - Cool Breeze (German Mix)
14) Kerri Chandler - Bar A Thym
15) Gel Abril - Marir
16) Afefe Iku - Mirror Dance
17) VEGA - Jo'Berg's Theme (Que Viva Chango) (Roots Mix)
18) Souled - Rockeez
19) DJ Oji ft Esteban - Esteban
20) Thor - Don't Stop
21) Joey Negro pres Akabu - Another World (Conan Liquid Mix)
22) Liquid People - Son Of Dragon
As the title suggests I think overall this mix is on the chilled side for C2E, allowing for a bit of crazy sax and table stomping in the latter parts.
This weeks show is dominated by new tracks with an OLD gem thrown in the middle.
Please ignore my gibberish rambling at the start of the mix, the kids were still up and trying to talk into the mic! I promised they could next week so look out for that - I apologise in advance!
Great group of people in the chat room this week, enjoyed chatting with you all - big shout to Colin, Bob, Nick and Leah (my wife) who made a rare appearance from the sofa in the lounge . Finally a shout to Kev Anthony who plays after me every week - always good catching up every Thursday for a bit of banter.
My fav tracks are probably "Pick It Up" - Mr McCabe on fire, "Strobelight Honeys" a track from back in the day with Mr Joey Negro on remix duty, "Thunderday" great production out of Amsterdam (thanks to Joachim) and finally the outro track - "BYRSLF" which I have to thank Miloe for putting me onto during his Saturday show on Pressure.
As always thanks to the silent listeners that are able to listen in, and to you guys who go on to download the show via the Podcast. Shout to Glynn and Jules who connected via FB during the show.
Monthly mixes are set to make a return (when I get chance!) Even I can't listen in the car so the old 80 min CD mixes will be released again.
Catch you all next week - same time and place - 11am to 1pm GMT on www.pressureradio.com
Check out the website for a whole range of ways to listen and interact during the show.
1) Bukkusoul - The Deepness
2) No Solution - Temptation
3) Chase Buch - Polly Molly (DJ Dealer - Temptation Accapella)
4) Klevakeys ft Diamonddancer - Raising Vibrations (Klevakeys Deeper Vibration Mix)
5) Chris Minus - Do's & Dont's
6) Klevakeys ft Diamonddancer - Raising Vibratons (Club Mix)
7) DJ Man-X & Vick Levander ft Shawnee Taylor - Happy Endings (Frankie Feliciano Classic Vocal)
8) Carolyn Harding - Pick It Up (Sean McCabe Remix)
9) Local Instruments ft MJ White - Living My Dream (Zepherin Saint Tribe Mix)
10) Alex Millet ft Cinamon Brown - Never Give Up On Love (Sean McCabe Need Your Dub)
11) Melchyor A - Juicy Farm (Melchyor A's hmida Orig)
12) Black Sheep - Strobelight Honeys (Joey Negro Edit)
13) Lars Vegas - Thunderday
14) Willie Graff & Tuccillo - Misdirection
15) Art Of Tones - The World As I Live It
16) NTFO - Policrom (Audiojack Remix)
17) Eric Kupper - Rock To The Beat
18) Rober Gaez & Oscar L - Love Me
19) Luca Signori - A Night In Paris
20) Aki Bergen ft Carmen Sherry - Into My Soul (Spiritchaser mix)
21) Blackwax - For, With, Of
22) Lay-Far - BYRSLF
This mix was inspired by my mate Bob who tunes in every week. He reached out for a pick me up and something inspirational so here we have it.
For all those true soulful house heads this will be like a 2 hour journey round a musical Madame Tussauds with just about every track bringing back memories and putting a very big smile on your boat race (face for all you guys over the pond ).
It was a great show with my busiest chatroom to date so thanks to everyone for helping to make it feel special. You'll notice this mix is 2hrs 16 mins long, but when music sounds this good you don't want it to stop.
So many HUGE tracks on here I can't even begin to pick out favs, they are all stellar examples of what got us hooked on this sound.
Hope you enjoy the mix as much as I enjoyed putting it together. This is one for your iPod's favourite playlist.
If you haven't already, please show your support by joining my new Facebook page dedicated to all things C2E. No spam from all and sundry, just more of this, plus snippets of what's in the cart, blasts from the past and spotlight on what is making my ears smile right now.
Please give feedback on the mix so I know if you guys enjoy these kind of sessions. You can either use the new FB group above or leave a comment on the Podomatic wall. All feedback + & - is welcome, only way I can continue to grow.
1) Donnie - Cloud 9 (Quentin Harris Mix)
2) Copyright - Wizeman
3) Kem - Without You (Scott Wozniak Shelter Vocal)
4) Dennis Ferrer & Kenny Bobien - Grateful (Fanatix Remix)
5) Sunburst Band - He Is (Joey Negro Mix)
6) Yass - My Only
7) Stephen Rigmaiden ft Darryl D'Bonneu - Sent From Above (Scott Wozniak Remix)
8) Kings Of Tomorrow - Young Hearts
9) Galaxy 2 Galaxy - High Tech Jazz (Live Mix)
10) Sunburst Band - Garden Of Love (Garden Of Love Mix)
11) Michelle Weeks - A Purpose (Spen & Hudge 12 inch Vocal)
12) Pedro Hedrera - Blessed
13) Bobby D'Ambrosia ft Kelli S - Optimistic (D'Ambrosia & Brian Tappert Mix)
14) Underground Ministries - I Shall Not Be Moved (B's 2004 Vinyl Edit)
15) Seven Grand Housing Authority - I Wanna Go Higher (Sensational Beats underneath)
16) The DJOON Experience - Old Landmark (Greg Gauthier Dance Culture Mix)
17) Yass - Church Lady
18) Yass - I'm Free (Unreleased)
19) Todd Terry - Sunday Morning (Sean McCabe Sunday Evening
20) Danny Clark & Jay Benham ft SuSu Bobien - Wondrous (Muthafunkas Mix)
21) DJ Oji & Una - We Lift Our Hands To The Sanctuary (Original Friday Night live Vocal Mix)
22) Quentin Harris - Let's Be Young
Enjoy - not much choice with this one!
Strange title I hear you ask. Well it will all make sense half way through the mix. You see it's the middle of winter down here in Aus - although to be fair not that much colder than the UK right now, but let's not go there
So I thought it would be nice to inject a bit of poolside sunshine into the lives of us folk down here, while at the same time providing some sweet ear candy for you guys up there heading off to the beach over the coming weeks.
Have to call out Local Talk record label again this week for another blinding selection of tunes. DJ Steaw has two tracks in this mix and then there is the jaw dropping original mix of "Breaking" by Kyodai - the 90's Dub version was in last weeks show but the breakdown in the original makes my eyes water.
Thanks to Davor and Gigi in the chatroom this week. Davor is a legend , he lives in Sydney but still manages to get to WMC and Suncebeat in the same year. We salute you squire - that's a love of house music. Shout to Brian in Singapore too who is also making the trip to Croatia. Enjoy boys and have a dance for me.
For the rest of us mere mortals we'll just have to sit back close our eyes and imagine we are there from track 14 to 19 - so like I said, make mine a Pina.......
Hope to see you next week 8-10pm Sydney Time (11am to 1pm GMT) - live on www.pressureradio.com. Home to the finest deep soulful house on the planet.
1) Roland Clark - Deep In House
2) Chujo - Deeper Thoughts
3) Borrowed Identity - Stimulation
4) Michael McIardy - House Fly
5) DJ Steaw - Sky Hunt
6) Chujo, Princess Khanisha - When Music Sounds
7) DJ Steaw - Think It Over
8) Jamie Anderson & Owen K - Do You Know
9) Smith & Hunter - Enuff Enuff
10) Si'Ke DJs - Under The Shade
11) King Unique - Change
12) Brandi D - Love It (Maurice Joshua Mix)
13) Donatella Movement - Love Can Be
14) Stephan Grondin ft Ceevox - Why Can't U Be (Jorge Montia Mix)
15) Steffan Thorsell and George Neufeld - La Cerise
16) Mena Keys - Break It Down
17) Hardsoul - Deep Inside (Official Hardsoul Mashup Mix)
18) Giano - WJSD
19) Grant Nelson - Switch
20) Kyodai - Breaking (Original)
21) Rubix - I Love
22) The Layabouts ft Portia Monique - Do Better (Spiritchaser Instrumental)
23) Joss Moog - Toi & Moi
This weeks show was again hit by those pesky technical gremlins, but it may be down to the fact I record the show in WAV format while streaming, which creates a HUGE 1.5G file. My poor little PC (that's half the problem ) just can't handle it.
The show is a tale of two halves. The first being the latest sounds out there, and pretty deep with it too. The latter is a throw back to the sound of 2005, when the scene had a European take on latin house with Hardsoul, Audiowhores, Copyright and of course Soulfuric was still flying high.
Most of the tracks are instrumentals so it was also time to raid the vaults for some accapellas.
Have to call out Kyodai & Joss Moog this week. Must admit I Had never heard of Kyodai until a few weeks ago but they've managed to score two tracks in this months mix. Joss Moog is someone I've been tacking since the start of the year after hearing the mind blowing "Underground Notes 2" track, and again he's shown he is a force to be reckoned with wading in with a couple of tracks in this mix two.
A label that is really impressing me right now is Local Talk. Pretty much everything they release finds it way into my home. If you haven't checked them out yet then get onto it.
Very happy to say I made it to number 8 overall this week on the Podomatic chart (#1 for Deep House), so a HUGE thank you to everyone that downloaded, liked, visited, or followed the Podcast - it's great to feel so well supported.
Thanks to Yokel and La Donna who were keeping me company in the old chat room this week. Always nice to finally meet people who have been following the C2E podcasts over the years.
Remember to tune in live if possible - every Thursday 8pm to 10pm Sydney time - 11am to 1pm GMT. Even better if you can pop into the chat room and say hi.
1) T Lavonte - Fever Pitch
2) Detroit Swindle - Nothing Else Matters
3) Huxley - Box Clever
4) Deep Maker - On The Way
5) Nic Frattarolli - Going Back
6) Erin Leah & N'Dinga Gaba - Rocker (N'Dinga's Downtown Mix)
7) Mr Radiotor & Solco - Workaholic (Le Babar Afterwork Remix)
8) Kyodai - Do You Wanna
9) Willie Graff & Tuccillo - Get It On
10) Joss Moog - Rush
11) Spiritchaser - Conch
12) Rhode & Brown - Don't Change (Pol On Mix)
13) Kyodai - Breaking (90's Dub)
14) Franck Roger - The Spot
15) Joss Moog - That's What You Are
16) Audiowhores - The Beat
17) Kiko Navarro - Xel Ha
18) Hardsoul - Uber
19) Olav Basoski - Streets Of Moscow (Brian Tappert Miami Mix)
20) The Jinks ft Alma Horton - Up To You (Main)
21) Soul Central - Song For Sharma (Original)
22) Luka - Everyday
Too many styles in this mix to give you a heads up of what you'll hear, so you just have to check it out.
We have new tracks, old tracks, deep tracks, vocal tracks, disco funky, down right filthy and everything in between.
Obviously you guys will listen to the mix all the way through and not try to skip through it , but here are some of my favourites.
If No Harm, Haunted, Far Away, What I Feel Now & the crazy Drunkin Preacher - you'll see what I mean.
Leave a comment on the Podcast and let me know which ones put a smile on your face. Always nice to know what makes you guys tick.
Thanks to everyone that tuned in this week, especially since it was the first show in three weeks and I wasn't exactly helpful in letting you all know that there was a show this week.
Hope you can join me next week for a similar type of session with a blend of the young and old.
In the meantime crank this badger up and enjoy!
1) Charles Webster ft Divinti - Be Yourself (Charles Webster Dub)
2) Francois K - Awakening (Needs Remixes)
3) At One ft Wyoma - African Healing Dance (Atjazz Remix)
4) Allan Zax - Me, Too, Too, Too (Johnny Fiasco Mix)
5) Ralph Gum ft Rachel Claudio - If No Harm (Ralf Gum vs RYB Mix)
6) Legendary Boy - Dig This (Chicago Tribute Accapella)
7) Patrick Green - Back In Time (Javier Varez Mix)
8) Marlon D - Jesus Creates A Sound
9) Nicholas - Love Message
10) Johnick - Overhung
11) Harold Brandon - Haunted (Mike Delgado Mix)
12) Todd Terry - Kashmir
13) Joss Moog - That Old Feeling
14) Craig Stewart - Kama (Alex Agore Remix)
15) Cajmere - Get Up Off Me ft Dajae (Dub 95')
16) DJ Hypnosis - Far Away (Deeper Mix)
17) Reel People ft Darien - Alibi (Dennis F's Out On Bail Mix)
18) Zakes Bantwini - Wasting My Time (Joaquin "Joe": Claussell - Main Mix)
19) Triagen - What I Feel Now
20) Rober Gaez - Drunkin Preacher (Jorge Montia and Juan Diaz Mix)
21) NY Stomp aka Gerd - The NY House Trak
22) S.O.U.L.S.Y.T.E.M. - It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day (Dub House II)
23) Trilogy - Good Time (Ricky's House Anthem)
24) Blaze - Gloria's Muse (The Yoga Song)
The great thing about doing a weekly radio show is that it gives you the chance put together special themes and styles. Last week was Nice 'N' Ripe celebrating that London bounce from back in the 90's. We also paid homage to Dave Lee a couple of months back. This week we cross over the Atlantic to pay homage to Baltimore.
I'll be honest I've never been there, but playing back to back with Kevin Anthony every week and hearing him mention all the great artists he knows in the Baltimore area it got me thinking, so here we are.
Just about everyone knows who we're talking about.
The legendary Basement Boys (Teddy Douglas, Thommy Davis, Jay Steinhour, DJ Spen & Karizma)
Neal Conway who gave us the timeless classic "Gypsy Woman"
The incredible vocal talent of Marc Evans and in my opinion the finest gospel group in House music - Jasper St Company.
And of course we can't leave out those Muthafunkaz.
The style of music is distinctive. It's chunky and powerful but with a very rich production sound. At one point in the mix it feels more like a Sunday morning in church than a Thursday night on the radio, but it certainly gets the blood pumping.
There is sure to be another Baltimore House show later this year as it was hard whittling down all the tracks to just one two hour show.
No C2E show for the next couple of weeks as I'm globe trotting unfortunately and will literally be in the air when the show is on.
Big shout to Stiletto Heels this week who stayed up through the night and made it through the show. Sure she'll be sleeping for the next couple of weeks now
Keep your eyes peeled on my FB group http://www.facebook.com/groups/10530506581/ for details of the next show.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support for the first half of the year. Plenty more to come in the remainder of 2012. I've certainly enjoyed it so far, hope you have enjoyed listening too.
1) Cajmere & Dajae - Brighter Days (Spen & Karizma Mix Deepah Dub)
2) Jovonn - First Night To Love (Muthafinkaz Mix)
3) Karizma ft Spen - 4 The Love (Karizma Mix)
4) Karizma - Shades of K (Don't Go Main 12")
5) Elements Of Life ft Lisa Fischer - Love Will Know (Spen & Karizma Remix)
6) Jasper St Company - Smile (Deepah Mix)
7) Kenny Dope ft Josh Milan - Stay With Me (Muthafunkas Bare Bonez Mix)
8) Marc Evans - She Is (Muthafunkas Long Mix)
9) Kimara Lovelace - Misery (Spen's Muthafunkas Mix)
10) DJ Spen pres Assurance - And Be Glad in It (Vocal Mix)
11) Luis Radio & Raffa Scoccia ft Su Su Bobien - Believe (DJ Spen Can't Enough Dub)
12) DJ Spen & The Muthafunkaz - To The Rock (Praise Party Vocal)
13) Chieko Kinbara - Changed My Life (Spen Mix)
14) DJ Spen pres Jersey Maestros - He's So Real (Muthafunkaz Gotta Tell Ya Bout Him)
15) Toni Granello ft Linda Lee Hopkins - Lift Him Up (Muthafunkaz 12" Remix)
16) Terry Thompson - Magic (Thommy & Spen's Club Mix)
17) Knee Deep & DJ Spen ft Biblical Jones - Gotta Have House Music (Knee Deep Original)
18) Thommy Davis - I Wanna
19) Mishal Moore - Oh Lord (Muthafnukaz Mix)
20) Neal Conway - Release the Anger (Spen Mix)
21) DJ Spen - Craze At Midnight (Spen's Live CDJ1000 Mix)
22) Michelle Weeks & Dawn Tallman - We're Gonna Make It (Muthafunkaz Mix)
Originally tried to do this show back in April but was rudely interrupted midway though with my Internet connection dropping out.
Since I love the sound of Nice "N" Ripe so much I though it only fair to give it another go.
For those that have never heard of this infamous London label your in for a treat. For those of you that enjoyed the London Garage Vol1 mix from this time last year you know what your in for.
This mix showcases my favourite NNR releases from the likes of Grant Nelson, Richard Purser, Warren Clarke, J Sylvester, Michael King, Clayton Mitchell, Dave Deller, Si Firmin.
It's my birthday today, so this is a present to myself and from me to you. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Looking forward to your company next week for more deep 'n' soulful sounds on Pressure Radio.
Thanks to everyone tuning in this week.
Ton of ways to tune in.
If you want to listen on your mobile then: http://pressureradio.com/mobile
iPhone - use http://pressureradio.com/iphone
Android - use http://pressureradio.com/android
Nokia - use http://pressureradio.com/nokia
BB - use http://pressureradio.com/blackberry
Sydney - Melbourne 8pm to 10pm
Tokyo - Seoul - 7pm to 9pm
Singapore - HK - 5pm to 8pm
Moscow - Dubai - 2pm to 4pm
Johannesburg - Paris - Berlin - Madrid - Rome - 12pm - 2pm
London - Lisbon - 11am to 1pm
Rio De Janeiro - 7am to 9am
NYC - Miami - 6am to 8am
Chicago - Dallas - 5am to 7am
LA - San Francisco - 3am to 5am (ouch)
Honolulu - 12am to 2am (Thursday)
1) Dub Foundation - People Party
2) Dangerous Liason - Hold It High
3) 24 Hr Experience - Not Gonna Let You
4) Grant Nelson - Track 101
5) Pearl Necklace - On A Mission
6) Time Out - Have Some Fun
7) Deep Cover - Can't Stop The Feelin
8) Proteus - Groove 1080
9) Vinyl Mixers - Fall Down (Moonlight Sax Mix)
10) Grant Nelson - Move This Rhythm (Every Which Way Dub)
11) Behind The Mask - Freedom Is Sweeter
12) D.C. Sensation - Deep Inside
13) Michael King ft Dave Riley - Love Sensation
14) Deep Cover - Got To Let Me In
15) Sly - Flexin
16) The Vinyl Movers - Keep The Love
17) J Sylvester - Kick Em
18) Champagne Bubbler - Got 2 Work
19) Sly - Gonna Love Ya
20) The Essence - Large
21) 24 Hr Experience - Take Me Up To Bed
22) The Rhythm Construction Co - Don't Blame Me
23) Grant Nelson - Dance M.F.
24) Dangerous Liaison - Smoov
25) 24 Hr Experience - Together
What a day. It started in Hong Kong, ended in Sydney and included my sons 5th birthday as well as this radio show.
This mix features new tracks for the first three quarters before raiding the vaults for gems from the UK scene.
Big credit to Michael Kondilis who put me onto Ron Trent's "City Beat" at the recent Timmy Regisford night in Sydney.
Also Kudos to Andy Ward for the excellent "Friends Of The Booth Vol 2" release which is featured several times in this mix. Great collection showcasing the best of the deep soulful sound.
The mix then moves into a very US NY style including remixes from the likes of Frankie Feliciano.
It's then only fair to spend some time in Europe so we get more of that deep smooth bouncy feel from Spiritchaser, M&S, Danny J Lewis and co.
Mix ends back in the old days of Nice 'N' Ripe with a couple of my old favs.
Good crowd listening this week which made the show even more enjoyable to do. Thanks to all you guys out there listening and supporting.
Looking to re-do the Nice N Ripe homage show that was ruined by technical gremlins a couple of weeks back. If you like the sound of the last couple of tracks be sure to tune in.
Got to give a big shout to all the listeners in Canada. I know you guys are out there, but thanks to Paul Fowler for reminding me. Don't stop listening - you just don't know what might drop next
Finally big congrats to Dame and Gemma on the birth of their little girl and happy birthday to (my not so little any more) Bailey - the face of C2E from the beginning. Can't wait till he's old enough to get his hands on the music.
1) Soulful Session ft Rachel Calladine - Days Gone By
2) Smak - Last Order (Steve Banks Remix)
3) Soul Renegades - Talk To Me
4) Ron Trent - City Beat
5) Groove Assassin - Afternoon Delight (GA Minesweeper Mix)
6) Sunner Soul - Fantasy
7) Joey Negro pres Akabu - Ride The Storm (Roberto Rodriguez Mix)
8) The Realm ft Tony Momrelle - Time (Frankie Feliciano Classic Vocal)
9) Distant People ft Nickson - My Love Song (Libation Vox Mix)
10) Cajmere & Russoul pres Ari Loudres - Love Is You
11) sk95 ft Kele B - Tired (Lilac Jeans RnB House Vocal)
12) Aero Manyelo & Phumy - I'm Losing My Mind (Pirahnahead Vocal)
13) M&S - Tramonto
14) Spiritchaser - Yesterday's Gone (Tomorrow's Dub)
15) Isaac Christopher - I Need You
16) Danny J Lewis - This House (Club Mix)
17) Isaac Christopher - Shake That
18) Pablo Fierro - Cutting The Tape (Angelo Ferreri Mix)
19) Soul Purpose - Sublim3
20) Blacksoul - Can You Feel It
21) Deep Cover - Can't Stop The Feeling
22) Grant Nelson - Track 101
Back after a week away. Hope you all missed me
To make up for being absent last week I've put together a phunk extravaganza. At least that's what I'm calling it. Not sure how you would describe this kind of house, it's meatier than disco, but it's not funk, and it sure ain't funky house. So phunk it is. You heard it here first.
Most of the tracks here have featured in past mixes, but I have managed to drop a couple of new ones in there to keep you on your toes.
Hard to pick out tunes in this mix because I love them all, that's why they're in here.
Next weeks show is likely to feature a few new tracks again so be sure to tune in to hear the latest and greatest sounds of C2E.
We'll do a little "who's listening in the most exotic location" competition, so if it's exotic where you are, jump in the chat room and let us know.
It's Hong Kong next week for me, but I'll be back in time for the show. Anyone need me to get them any cheap electrical goods?
Sydney - Melbourne 8pm to 10pm
Tokyo - Seoul - 7pm to 9pm
Singapore - HK - 5pm to 8pm
Moscow - Dubai - 2pm to 4pm
Johannesburg - Paris - Berlin - Madrid - Rome - 12pm - 2pm
London - Lisbon - 11am to 1pm
Rio De Janeiro - 7am to 9am
NYC - Miami - 6am to 8am
Chicago - Dallas - 5am to 7am
LA - San Francisco - 3am to 5am (ouch)
Honolulu - 12am to 2am (Thursday)
1) MAW - Moonshine
2) Bobby Konders - Bad Boy Dance (Dope Mix)
3) A'merika Vera - Praise GOD (Dub)
4) Doug Willis - Skate Dancer (Joey Negro Club)
5) Art Of Tones - Dolces
6) Lovebirds - Chasing Things
7) Knee Deep - Sweet Love
8) Jose Burgos & The Playas ft Farah - I need A Beat
9) Cajmere ft Russoul - Way Back When
10) Josh Milan ft Chinah Black - Till You Go Home
11) Crime - Rhythm Graffitti
12) David Harness & Chris Lum - Soul Bump
13) Marissa Guzman - Magic Door (Pirahnahead Happy Song)
14) Jay J & Toren Rae - Sunshine People
15) Rick Wade - Duke Of Cologne
16) Duce Martinez - Just As Long (The Duce Is Wild Original Mix)
17) Demarkus Lewis - Turn This Mutha Out
18) Bernard Wright - Spinnin
19) Cajmere & Gene Farris - The Biz
20) Gene Farris ft Russoul - Dance Warrior
21) Jose Burgos & The Playas - Saturday Groove
22) Oscar P & C. Scott - The Message (NYC Philly Tribute)
23) Black Science Orchestra - New Jersey Deep
24) Al Kent - Reverb Is Your Friend
As the title suggests we went deep, deep down. Some absolutely superb deep house about at the moment and this mix shines the spotlight on a few.
Some really inspirational and original stuff being produced and it all bodes well for the deep house scene. I'm sure we're gonna look back at this period and say - "do you remember".
Highlights for me Trackheadz - "Agenda 21". Spine chillingly good.
Groove Assassin tearing it up on "Soul Mutha".
Marissa Guzman - "Outta My Head" - such a great voice and singing style.
Arttu - "Attic House" - Filth
Also finally managed to track down "Eclipse" by Antidote from back in 1999 the old Nottingham days with Mr Ben Watson.
Off to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore next week so no C2E show. Next one will be 10th May.
Thanks to everyone that tuned in to listen or jumped in the chat room. Your mission for the next show is to bring two friends (one would just be too easy).
It's my birthday next month, and just in case you were wondering what to get me , the answer is simple, free and easy.
Just click on the two links below and then like the page. Let me know once you've done it.
Thanks it just might be the best present I ever got.
1) Alpha & Omega ft Mpande - Reaching For The Sun (Groove Mix)
2) The Trak Godz - The Darkness
3) Jakobin & Domino - Struggle
4) Trackheadz - Agenda 21
5) Mr Pickle - In Your Soul (Samma Lone Remix)
6) Peter Oakden ft Selina Campbell - Can't Take No More (Phil Asher Edit)
7) Dominic Dawson - Flashback (Kruse & Neurnberg Remix)
8) Ralph Session & E-Man - Release The Demons (MR V Main)
9) Chris Minus - Eye Floater
10) Eddy G - Soul Mutha (Groove Assassin Remix)
11) Marissa Guzman - Outta My Head (Demarkus Lewis Rockit lab Mix)
12) Oscar Barilla - The Last Goodbye (Maiki Remix)
13) Tanzlife - Heart Attack
14) Audiojack ft Kevin Knapp - Stay Glued (FCL Weemix)
15) Cram - Sebus Remix
16) Chris Burns, Mick Coogan - Hey Mick ft Mick Coogan (Single)
17) Phlash & Friends - Saturnight
18) Antidote - Eclipse
19) Tarantulaz ft Tiffany Loren - I Wasn't Kidding (Vocal)
20) Arttu - Attic House (Gerd's Re-Arrange-Mix)
21) Elz & Elise - Useless (Harlum Original Mix)
22) Steve Mill, Elias Tzikas - Christies Inner Thoughts (Shur-I-Khan Remix)
23) Aeromaschine - Feldgrau
24) Floating Points - Vacuum Boogie
Oh boy, we got on it this week. As the title suggests this is packed full of stuff that should really be consumed in small doses in order to maintain ones health, and to be fair that's how I normally treat them. But not this time....
For those of you that turn it up when it gets a little chunky your in for a treat. Very little soulful stuff here, that's been replaced by deep fried filth. As always your brought back down safely with a peach of a track at the end.
Great bit of banter in the chat room this week too - thanks to everyone that jumped in.
Normal service of some description is likely to resume next week - well that depends on when I buy the Nice 'N' Ripe back catalogue from Traxsource that's currently bursting out of my Cart, in which case it'll be a London Garage show. Let's keep you guessing on that one till next week.
Just to show we're a global family here @ C2E and Pressure, here are the broadcast times around the world.
Sydney - Melbourne 8pm to 10pm
Tokyo - Seoul - 7pm to 9pm
Singapore - HK - 5pm to 8pm
Moscow - Dubai - 2pm to 4pm
Johannesburg - Paris - Berlin - Madrid - Rome - 12pm - 2pm
London - Lisbon - 11am to 1pm
Rio De Janeiro - 7am to 9am
NYC - Miami - 6am to 8am
Chicago - Dallas - 5am to 7am
LA - San Francisco - 3am to 5am (ouch)
Honolulu - 12am to 2am (Thursday)
Now there's no excuse
1) TrueSelf - Future Memories (Atjazz Internal Dub)
2) Shades Of Gray - Dis This
3) Tony Barbato - Jump
4) Gmbos - Cranbourne Ave (Main Mix)
5) The Wizard Brian Coxx & Roland Clark - The Deeper I Go (Mr V. Remix)
6) Doc Link ft Shay D. - L.I.B.E.R.A.T.E (Doc Links Orig)
7) The Disclosure Project - Windy City (The Messenger Plays House Mix)
8) Nathan G - Diamonds In The Sky
9) Joss Moog - Underground Notes 2
10) Milton Jackson - Ghosts In My Machine
11) Frank Roger - Don't Look Behind
12) Back To Fundamentals By Miamik (Llorca) - Insatiable (Orig Studio Mix)
13) P-funkateers - Final Fling (Back Room Sounds Mix)
14) Phonik Funk - Saturday / Maurice Joshua - Deep Down
15) Ranura De Alma - Mariposa (WOM Remix)
16) One D - Playful Duck (Ilya Malyuev)
17) Lovebirds - Ethik (Jaegermeister Mix)
18) Tuccillo - Cmon Babe / Tom Middleton - Cicadas (Part 1) (Marlon D's UC Columbian Mix)
19) Butch - No Worries
20) Rabiano - Grasshopper
21) Peter Horrevorts & Van Anh - It Keeps You Movin'
22) Jovonn ft Hosanna - Don't Get Too Close (Karizma Mix)
23) Kingpin Cartel - Ghetto
24) Sandboy & Nanar - Night Song (Yoruba Soul Mix)
Seems a long time since the last regular monthly mix. And to be fair it is, since the February mix was at the start of Feb and the March mix is early April. However there have been no fewer than six weekly music show podcasts in between. The March mix is my pick of new tracks from those shows. The mix starts with with "Cycadian Rhythms" from Andre Bonsors quality "Elements Of Nature EP", and to be honest I could have picked from almost any of them. The next track "Soul Cypher" is a year old and credit goes to Jai Spence from Pressure Radio for putting me onto it. The deep mellow rolling feel continues with "Rocker" which is pick of the bunch from the DJ Spen Quantize Sampler Miami EP. We get a more electronic feel with "Your Eyes", followed by "Picnic Electonique". The next track is nice 'n' deep in more ways than one as Hana tries to explain "Sometimes". "Changing is more of a transition track into the next section of the mix, which starts with Ralf Gums great mix of "Inside Of Me". It's urban deep vocal time next with "The Shine" and Sean McCabe's mix of "Passin Thru". The next track is for me is Jamie Lewis's best work for a while as he teams up with Marc Evans on "Without You". The mix peaks with an insane cheeky number called "Playful Duck", which again I owe another Pressure Radio regular credit for the insight, so thanks to Pugwash. The last chunky track of the mix is Matthew Bandy & Toni Economedies excellent "Heaven Only Knows" which transitions seamlessly into N'Dinga Gaba's silky smooth mix of "Until You". We end with our second Sean McCabe track - this time it's another smooth beauty with "Skyline". I did originally think this was a smooth mix, but it's got more than enough depth and girth to stand on it's own two feet with past chunky C2E mixes. I know it isn't easy for some of you to catch the radio show but for those that can your company is appreciated and gives me the drive to keep mixing this thing called house.
1) Andre Bonsor - Cycadian Rhythms
2) Imaani Brown - Soul Cypher
3) Erin Leah & N'Dinga Gaba - Rocker
4) Azza K. Fingers ft Mmelashon - Your Eyes (Azza K. Fingers Main Club Mix)
5) Marc Romboy vs Rodriguez jr - Picnic Electronique
6) Hanna - Sometimes (Karol XVII and MB Valence Remix)
7) Troy Carter ft Dana El Masri - Changing (Richard Earnshaw Deepnotic Vocal Mix)
8) DJ Christos pres. Ree Morris - Inside Of Me (Ralf Gum Remix)
9) Phil Marwood - The Shine
10) Poussez vs Demarkus Lewis ft Hannah Khemoh - Passin Thru (Sean McCabe Vocal Remix)
11) Jamie Lewis & Marc Evans - Without You (Jamie Lewis Mastermix)
12) One D - Playful Duck (Ilya Malyuev Mix)
13) Matthew Bandy & Toni Economides pres Xakosa - Heaven Only Knows
14) N'Dinga Gaba and DJ Spen ft Marc Evans - Until You (N'Dinga's Deep In You Dub)
15) Migosy - Skyline (Sean McCabe Vocal Mix)
Back once again for the renegade master d4 damager.....
Well alright it should really be "back once again after technical difficulties" but it doesn't sound as cool.
Yep there were gremlins in the system for last weeks show so it had to be called off.
Good news is Mogwai's evil mates have now been eradicated so the show goes on.
This week C2E goes all mellow, practically all the way, which doesn't happen often. Suffice to say there is a build up of filth occurring for next weeks show for those that like to get their ears mucky.
Fortunately for you guys I was unable to record the live show, so I've lovingly recreated it without my voice on the MIC
Clocks have changed pretty much everywhere now, so for the next 6 months the show will be live every Thursday @
8pm Sydney Time - 11am London - 12pm Berlin - 6am NYC
You folks in LA will still be tucked up though I'm afraid
Remember to tune in for a bit of the tough deep 'n' chunky stuff next week.
If you want to listen on your mobile then: http://pressureradio.com/mobile
iPhone - use http://pressureradio.com/iphone
Android - use http://pressureradio.com/android
Nokia - use http://pressureradio.com/nokia
BB - use http://pressureradio.com/blackberry
1) Andre Bonsor - Cycadian Rhythms
2) Mic Newman - Systems & A Diana
3) Maya Jane Coles - Little One
4) Tyrrel Corporation - One Day (Raw Vocal Mix)
5) Karizma - Tha D
6) The Saliva Commandos - Conga Fonga Pt 2 (Mr V Remix)
7) Reel People ft Darian - Sure (Frankie Feliciano Classic Vocal)
8) Reelsoul - Spend My Life (Original)
9) Groove Assassin ft Pete Simpson - More Than Enough (Original)
10) Mike Delgado - Touching My Mind
11) Curtis McClean - City Life (BT Instrumental Mix)
12) Steven Stone & Nicole Mitchell - Show Me Love (Richard Earnshaw Vocal)
13) Elements Of Life ft Lisa Fischer - Love Will Know (Spen & Karizma Mix)
14) Jamie Lewis & Marc Evans - Without You (Jamie Lewis Mastermix)
15) Studio Apartment - On The Way ft Kenny Bobien (Original)
16) Rude Soul - Take It Easy
17) Simon Weiss - Yesterday Is Around
18) Dom Navarra ft Antonio - Endless Possibilities (Justin Imperiale Soul Mix)
19) John Legend - Ordinary People (Karizma Kayorican Mix)
20) Black Sauce - Abigail (Vocal Mix)
This week it's the "who needs Miami" sour grapes show
Yes we all wish we were there, but we aren't so let's get stuck into some quality music of our own instead.
This show is pretty much made up of new tracks, with only two exceptions.
Always good to keep you guys guessing as to the theme and content of the show.
This show is a pre-cursor to this months C2E mix.
The clocks are still changing around the world, it's the UK this weekend, which will make next weeks show 11am to 1pm.
I'm off to Kuala Lumpur for a few days (no that's not a joke or a metaphor!) Will be back in time for next weeks show. Hope you are too.
1) Andre Bonsor - Silent Forest
2) Imaani Brown - Soul Cypher
3) Erin Leah & N'Dinga Gaba - Rocker
4) Azza K Fingers ft Mmelashon - Your Eyes (Main Club Mix)
5) The Disclosure Project - Zodiac (Yohan Esprada Mix)
6) The Disclosure Project - Take Her Out (Cooccer Remix)
7) Hanna - Sometimes (Karol XVII and MB Valence Remix)
8) Shane Linehan - Do You Know Who You Are
9) Francesco Tarantini - Come Back
10) Malin Genie - Tell You
11) Desos - Girl You Look Good Tonight (Alex Agore's Midnight Dub)
12) Benedetto & Farina ft LT Brown - Im So Grateful (Danny Clark Raw Mix)
13) PBR Steetgang - Downstroke
14) KFC - Emerald City (Maurice Joshua Mix)
15) Liquideep - Feel It (Shur-I-Khan Mix)
16) Nathan G - Generate Fire
17) Skwerl - You Need To Dance
18) Cajmere ft Dajae - Brighter Days (Underground Goodies Mix)
19) George Llanes Jr - Soul Ascension (Original Keys to Dub)
20) Landslide - Yemp Booty (Aaron Jerome Mix)
21) Sonny Federa - A Hit
22) OtherSoul - Just A Lil Lovin (Ospina & Oscar P Remix)
23) Chex Damier - Can You Feel It (NY Dub)
24) Khanya Balani & Mikki Afflick ft Nkulli Dube - Casual People (Seed In The City 808 Dub Mix)
Very special show this week on Pressure Radio.
C2E music is proud to pay homage to an absolute legend - Dave Lee.
Head honcho of Z Records. Now some of you may may know him as Joey Negro, Mistura, Sessomatto, Doug Willis, Agora, Akabu, Mistura, Foreal People, Brad Shitt, Prospect Park, Raven Maize, Raw Essense,Z Factor the list goes on, as well as his work in the incredible Sunburst Band.
One thing is for sure, after listening to this mix you really appreciate the energy, creativity and just plain fun the guy has brought to house music over the years.
I for one cannot imagine house music without him. Without doubt the best thing to have come out of the Isle Of White since Level 42, he's up there with the all time legends of house and we salute you
Thanks to everyone that jumped in the chat room, safe to say Gigi is a big Dave Lee fan
The clocks are changing around the world, and it should give some of you guys on the east coat of the US a chance to tune in while your eating your breakfast, so come on down. It's a great way to start the day and healthier than Special K.
For you folks in the UK the show will shift to be over your lunch hour. Hopefully that makes it easier for you to listen.
Have a great weekend folks and as always I look forward to your company next Thursday 9pm Sydney for those that can make it.
1) Nova Fronteira - Calma
2) Mistura - Tonight (Joey Negro Etagui Mix)
3) Doug Willis - Spread Love (Joey Negro Club Mix)
4) Blaze - Wishing You Were Here (Joey Negro Dub - K Dope Edit)
5) The Sunburst Band - He Is (Joey Negro Mix)
6) The Sunburst Band - Until The End Of Time
7) The Sunburst Band - We Will Turn You On
8) Joey Negro ft The Tramps - Universe Of Love
9) Joey Negro pres Doug Willis - Music Speaks Louder Than Words
10) Misturu - Sweet Magic
11) Joey Negro & The Sunburst Band - Rough Times (Sean McCabe Dub)
12) Erro - Change For Me (Joey Negro Club Mix)
13) MAW ft India - Backfired (Joey Negro Club Mix)
14) The Sunburst Band - Just Do It
15) Foreal People - Shake
16) Doug Willis - Doug Dastardly
17) Joey Negro - Shimmering Stars
18) Joey Negro & The Sunburst Band - Journey To The Sun (Dennis Ferrer Mix)
19) Joey Negro & The Sunburst Band - Garden Of Love (Kaje Trackheadz Mix)
20) Motif - Let The Madness Begin
21) The Sunburst Band - Fly Away
22) Joey Negro pres Akabu - Another Generation (Joey Negro Extended Mix)
23) Gisele Jackson - Love Commandments (Joey Negro Re-Edit)
Enjoy - DISCO!
Week three of the live show on Pressure Radio.
A nice mix of the old and the new this week.
The first hour was pretty laid back with a sprinkling of vocals.
The second hour keeps increasing in intensity peaking with the track that first introduced me to Deetron back in 07. We finish up with a bit of Philly disco and then a couple of classics, the last of which is a real gem from 92.
Thanks to everyone that joined me in the chat room, your company is always appreciated. Nice to be able to chat to like minded folk who's ears are well trained to appreciate the amber nectar that is deep soulful house.
Thanks to everyone else out there that tuned in. Your mission for next week is to bring a friend (or five
As always I look forward to your company next Thursday at 10am GMT (9pm Sydney) for those that can make it.
1) Mario & Vidis - Manaan (Original Mix)
2) Gmbos and C Pillay ft lil Soul - Elements Of Mind Body & Soul (Jazzy Piano Mix)
3) Rhythm Of Elements - Tribe # 2 (Atjazz Assessment Dub)
4) Shake The Dog ft Monique Bingham - Do It (Hot Mixes Pt 1) (QB's Hot Mix)
5) Leon Ware - On The Beach (Atjazz Love Soul Remix)
6) Peven Everett - Sexy Make Up (Tarantulaz Mix)
7) 95 North - Ay-Tu-Bah (95 North Smooth Mix)
8) Lips - Time Is Now (Groove Assassin Dub)
9) Bopstar ft Zara McFarlane - Desire (Jose Carretas Mix)
10) Nick Doe ft Louise Golbey - He Loves Me (Main Vocal)
11) DJ Christos pres. Ree Morris - Inside Of Me (Ralf Gum Remix)
12) Phil Marwood - The Shine (Pablo Martinez Remix)
13) Poussez vs. Demarkus Lewis ft Hannah Khemoh - Passin Thru (Sean McCabe Vocal Mix)
14) January Tuesday - True Love's Sake (Andre Lodemann Instrumental Mix)
15) Actual Proof - Huff & Puff
16) Akabu ft Foremost Poets - Crystalized (JN House Dub)(Ku Kanjani Over the top)
17) Deetron - Lets Get Over It
18) Marlow - Put Off ft Comixxx & Knixx
19) Cajmere & Gene Farris - Candy Store (Original)
20) Oscar P & C. Scott - The Message (NYC Philly Tribute Mix)
21) Real 2 Real ft Mad Stuntman - I'm The Mad Stuntman (Mad Stuntman Mix)
22) KWS - Hold Back The Night (Joey Negro K.O.K. Mix)
Week two of the live show on Pressure Radio.
This was a replay of a mix first aired on Christmas eve, with a couple of adjustments here and there.
It's packed full of my favourite tracks from the last 23 years of house music.
There are a few fat finger moments, which I apologise for. Talking in the chat room and mixing at the same time is something I need to practise this week for the next show
The recording of the shows are getting big downloads but it would be great if you can tune into the show when it airs live. The more interaction in the chat room and live listeners the more intense the mix will be as I'll get to vybe off you guys. Who knows where that can take the mix, let's find out.
For those that can I look forward to your company next Thursday at 10am GMT (9pm Sydney).
For those that do tune in, a very sincere thank you, you make it all worth while.
Oh and in case you didn't notice I got me some jingles now too! Big thanks to Diana Waite for creating those little beauties.
1) Voices - Voices In My Mind
2) Bobby Konders - Bad Boy Dance (Dope Mix)
3) Cleptomaniacs - Numero Uno
4) Shawn Christopher - Make My Love (Stonebridge Main Mix)
5) Degrees Of Motion - Do You Want It Right Now (King St Mix)
6) Ralf Gum ft Monique Bingham - Kissing Strangers (Frankie Feliciano Vocal)
7) MAW - LOOT
8) BLAZE - How Deep Is Your Love
9) Nu Yorican Soul - It's Alright I Feel It
10) Elements Of Life - Into My Life (You Brought The Sunshine)
11) Harddrive - Deep Inside
12) Prana - The Dream
13) Todd Terry - Kashmir
14) U.P.I. - My Love Away
15) The Bucketheads - The Bomb
16) Kem - Heaven (Marlon D and Groove Assassin Mix)
17) Peven Everett - Insipration (Timmy Regisford & Adam Rios Remix)
18) Jon Cutler - It's Yours
19) Erro - Change For Me
20) Trina Broussard - Joy (Quentin Harris Mix)
21) My Friend Sam - It's My Pleasure (Dub)
22) Joe Smooth - Promised Land
23) Jill Scott - Golden (Grant Nelson Mix)
24) Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman
25) MK - Burning
26) Quentin Harris ft Margaret Grace - My Joy
27) Mr Fingers - Can You Feel It
And we're off........
This is the first of what hopefully turns out to be many weekly C2E shows on Pressure Radio. Big thanks to Frank for advice and support during the show, and thanks to those that joined in the chat room. Always nice to be able to be able to chat with other lovers of Deep Soulful House.
Special thanks to Joachim Salvador for coming up trumps and giving me a hot off the press copy of the upcoming track from his label "Tomorrow Is Now Kid" with the excellent "Tell You" by Malin Genie. If there are any other producers out there that have just created a blinder send it over to and I'll look to drop into a mix. Always looking for fresh original music.
This recording is to allow C2E listeners in the Americas to enjoy the show as it's on just a little bit too early for you guys. Although we did have "BlackGirl" from NY in the chatroom for the last hour.
For everyone else you should tune in and catch the show live, much more exciting as you never know where the mix might take us.
If you do listen don't be shy come join us in the chat room. www.pressureradio.com/chat
There are loads of ways to hear the show, iTunes, Winamp, Windows Media Player, Quicktime, Real Player, Flash Player. Easy peasy.
So I look forward to your company every Thursday at 9pm Sydney time or 10am GMT for two hours of that deep stuff we all love. Bring your friends, or anyone you know that likes it deep and soulful. Until next week Enjoy! www.pressureradio.com
Finally, these radio show mixes won't on here forever, so be sure to grab early.
1) Kerri Chandler ft Arnold Jarvis - Inspiration
2) Joyce Muniz ft. Sketch - New In Town (Dub)
3) FCL vs VFB - Matrix Plus
4) Dirtytwo - Moody (Original)
5) Tim Rogers & Joel Armstrong - Downtown (Aki Bergen vs Neuroxyde)
6) DJ Garphie - Come Here Me Now
7) MAW - When You Touch Me
8) Monique Bingham - You. Me. World (Jon Cutler's Distant Music Mix)
9) Peven Everett - Put Your Back Into It (Quentin Harris Remix)
10) Josh Milan ft ChinahBlac - Till You Go Home
11) Mishal Moore - Oh Lord (Kenny Dope Mix)
12) Muted Soul ft Jess King - Cause I'm A Woman
13) K Motion - Fair Trade (Sunset Blvd Mix)
14) Lovebirds - The Beast
15) Knee Deep - Gypsy Bucket
16) Rick Wade - Duke Of Cologne
17) Marc Poppcke - Far Away From You (Destination Disco)
18) Joss Moog - Underground Notes 2
19) Beppe Gioia & Thomas Toccafondi - Togetherness (Jeremy Sylvester Remix)
20) Malin Genie - Tell You
21) Tears Of Velva - The Way I Feel (4 Daye Club)
22) Matthew Bandy & Toni Economides pres. Xakosa - Heaven Only Knows
23) N'Dinga Gaba and DJ Spen featuring Marc Evans - Until You (N'Dinga's Deep In You Dub)
24) Migosy - Skyline (Sean McCabe Vocal Mix)
25) Brand New Heavies ft N'Dea Davenport - I Don't Know Why (I Love You)(Kenny Dope Mix)
Enjoy! - See you next Thursday
Firstly I'd like to start by dedicating this mix to one of our C2E family - Melvin Carlton Roberts who sadly recently lost his battle with cancer. Our thoughts are with those that knew and loved him. For a second year there has been no January mix however this time a hectic few weeks has been the reason, although to be honest the scene isn't awash with quality either.
This mix starts off deep and tight with lot's tunes coming thick 'n' fast. Highlights for me are the opener "Marilyn" and "Matrix Plus". DJ Garphie is someone I've watched out for since Feb 2007 and whilst not everything released grabs my attention it's more than made up for with "Come Here Me Now" hopefully the sign of things to come for 2012. From there we find another gem of a track "Underground Notes 2". It's a style that's hard to describe and impossible to resist. Jeremy Sylvester comes up trumps too with his mix of "Togetherness". Those piano chords are the muts, I know why Davor can't get enough . We stay with the London vibe with "Can't Nobody" before changing down with Sean McCabe's "Race Of Survival". We go all NY with Timmy Regisford and Arnold Jarvis on "Masterpiece" before switching to a funky rump shaker on "Full Moon Highway". Richard Earnshaw steps up on "iCulture" which is a refreshing change to recent productions that haven't inspired too much, again I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come. It's great to hear Sean Escoffery's voice again this time courtesy of M&S with "So Sweetly". That's the last of the new stuff and the rest of the mix takes us back, way back...... It's starts with a very tight and tricky mix of Bernard Wright's "Spinnin'". I'll admit it's the one from Giles Peterson's superb In The House mix on Defected. I would love to know where you can actually get hold of the track, so please give me a shout if you know. It's underpinned with Tapta Beach to beef it up a little more. We then go back to 92 for "It's My Pleasure", "Keep The Faith" and "I Would Give Anything" before winding up with Madonna's "Erotica". I know, Madonna in a C2E mix, who'd have thought, but when MAW are on the remix it's more than justified. For anyone in Europe, Africas and Asia-Pacific I'll soon be starting a weekly show on Pressure radio www.pressureradio.com. Very excited to be playing on such a well established station, thanks to Carol and everyone there for the opportunity. The show will be Thursdays 10am to Midday GMT. Hope you can join me for more of what we love on a weekly basis where I'll be drawing on the last 25 years of house music. For those of you in the US I will try to record the show and post on here so keep your eyes and ears open.
1) Floating Point - Marilyn
2) Mr Kavalicious - Strawberry Lips
3) Joyce Muniz ft. Sketch - New In Town (Dub)
4) FCL vs VFB - Matrix Plus
5) Agev Munsen & Roland Clark - That Thing About Deep (Munsen's Main Mix)
6) DJ Garphie - Come Here Me Now
7) Joss Moog - Underground Notes 2
8) Beppe Gioia & Thomas Toccafondi - Togetherness (Jeremy Sylvester Remix)
9) Danny J Lewis - Can't Nobody
10) Mekkah feat. Stephen Granville - Race Of Survival (Sean McCabe Remix)
11) Timmy Regisford ft. Arnold Jarvis - Masterpiece
12) Jam Funk - Full Moon Highway
13) Richard Earnshaw - iCulture
14) M&S ft Sean Escoffery - So Sweetly (MandS Sure Shot Vocal)
15) Fast Vision Soul & 60 Hertz Project - Tapta Beach (Manoo Soca Mix)
16) Bernard Wright - Spinnin'
17) My Friend Sam - It's My Pleasure (Dub)
18) Candyflip pres C-Bounce - Keep The Faith (Saturday Mix)
19) World Series Of Life - I Would Give Anything (Sil Piano Dub)
20) Madonna - Erotica (Underground Club Mix)
Here we go then with the last mix of the year and it's a real mixed bag of sub-genres. We open on the deep side with a track called "Put Your Sunglasses On" followed by "Inside The Loop" from Jimpster. It's all very laid back to begin with, like having a couple of drinks at your mates before heading into town for the carnage that follows. We stay with the same vibe for "Moody" and "So Clear" before a big friendly dog of a track "Moov Ya Booty" comes bounding in. The next track is just mental and very original "All My Life" sounds like it has so much energy it can't control itself to stick to the straight 4/4. We transition into a bit of a funky disco show with "Soul Bump" and "Never Stop Lovin' You". Spen and the Muthafunkas beef it up into a chunky gospel outing in "I Do Love You". Need to call out the guys at Restless Soul who have been so consistent this year. I don't go out of my way to hunt for their releases, but I pretty much always end up buying them and putting them in mixes and this month is no exception. "Alive" is another great example of the quality work they have been doing all year and we salute you for it, more of the same in 2012 please . Don't often play two mixes of the same track, even across mixes, but when Louie Vega is the guy doing the second remix its hard not too. Hard to get your head around just how creative the guy is with such incredible richness in his productions and you can hear it again in "I Love The Night". "Music In My Mind" has more remixes than there are days in the week to play them so choosing one is tough, however the MKTL vocal mix fits into the mix perfectly. It's time to shift the feel of the mix again and "Amame" is perfect for giving the mix a deeper edgy feel. It's not in for long though and we soon up the tempo again with "The Biz" and "Remote Control". The next track "Hubble" is the big bad wolf of the mix, it really will bite your ear off if you get to close. The mix ends with a very different sounding track and it's aptly named "Untitled", it is a cracker though. Must admit I was dubious at the start of the year in being able to do a mix every month. Some months it feels like there isn't as much quality about and you start to worry that maybe this is the beginning of the end. However looking back over 2011 despite missing a month here or there I'm pleased to say it's been another year of mixes I'm proud to put my name to. Thanks to everyone that takes the time to listen and provide feedback, it makes it all worth while. Looking forward to hearing what 2012 brings for us musically. Well it has literally just turned midnight on NYE as I type, so have a great new year everyone. I better get this puppy released, as it's now officially late (well in Australia anyway )
1) Francesco Tarantini - Put Your Sunglasses On (Instrumental Mix)
2) Jimpster - Inside The Loop
3) Dirtytwo - Moody (Original)
4) Spiritchaser - So Clear (Future Dub)
5) Wayne Gardiner ft Ras Anthony - Moov Ya Botty (WG's Alternate Vox Mix)
6) HHA - ALL My Life (Phlash Edit)
7) David Harness & Chris Lum - Soul Bump (Original)
8) Caviar ft Ronnie Canada - Never Stop Lovin' You (Booker T 's Philly Disco Bounce)
9) The Muthafunkaz - I Do Love You (alliwannado) (Muthafunkin' Dub)
10) Aaron Ross & Sterling Ensemble ft Ursula Rucker - Alive (Main)
11) Rocco & C. Robert Walker - I Love The Night (Louie Vega Roots Mix)
12) Angel-A - Music In My Head (MKTL Vocal Mix)
13) Intruder ft Jei (A MURK Production) - Amame (Long Ass Mix)
14) Cajmere & Gene Farris - The Biz (Original)
15) The Ripper - Remote Control (Original)
16) Actual Proof - Hubble (Deep Field Mix)
17) Replika - Untitled (Ethyl Remix)
This months mix starts off deep and slow, then slaps on some platforms for some serious chunky disco funk. We start off with one of two Lovebirds tracks, but the opener is a mix of "Keep Coming" by Axel Boman. We dip a toe in Africa with "Mumi Wango" before heading back to that deep European sound with "So Good". "Drums Of The Jungle" gives us a taste of Frank Roger. The second Lovebirds track "Brotha" is next. There is a definite formula to Lovebirds latest releases, they all have identical patterns, but the sounds he manages to produce make each one top shelf. It's time for the disco ball and we start with the excellent "Praise GOD" with a little Jill Scott sprinkled over the top. Demarkus Lewis has been getting funky with his latest release the "Downtown Hustle EP" and "Show You How To Werk It Out" is the upbeat track from the release. We take a little break from Disco for a trip to the UK. Big thanks to Michael Zac for putting me onto "Smile". Similarly big thanks to Davor Obradovich for giving me the heads up on "U Got To Get" by Danny J Lewis. The mix then ups a gear for a track I can't stop playing at the moment - "Imma Let You Know". It is so simple but effective. "I'll Tell You Babe" is the last of the UK garage (in the old sense of the term) sounding tunes. We've got a good head of steam up now and we're gonna need it as things are about to go off. "Dance Warrior" is gonna have you jumpin, spinnin and bouncin round your house, it's great fun and house needs more of it. An old track for the old heads drops right in next "Breakdown" by Scotti Deep takes the intensity to another level. "Grasshopper" is as the name suggests a deep and bouncy track which blends well into "Armstrong Experience". I reckon we all need to take a rest after that so we ease out of the mix with "Don't Rush" another release on Phil Ashers' ever consistent Restless Soul label.
1) Lovebirds - Keep Coming (Axel Boman Mix 2)
2) Black Motion ft SoulFlow - Mumi Wango (Manoo Afro Mix)
3) Yohan Esprada - So Good (Main Mix)
4) Sascha Dive - Drums Of The Jungle (Frank Roger Remix)
5) Lovebirds - Brotha (Raw Mix)
6) A'merika Vera - Praise God (Dub)
7) Demarkus Lewis - Show You How 2 Werk It out (Original)
8) James Blakstar John ft. Deon Nathan - Smile (Main Mix (P-Retouch))
9) Danny J Lewis - U Got To Get
10) J Paul Getto - Imma Let You Know (Original)
11) Phonik Funk - I'll Tell You Babe (Original)
12) Gene Farris ft Russoul - Dance Warrior (Original)
13) Scottie Deep - Breakdown (Breakdown Phukin Hard Mix)
14) Rabiano - Grasshopper (Original Mix)
15) Gigi Testa - Armstrong Experience (Original)
16) WIPE The Needle ft Lifford Shillingford - Don't Rush (Main)
This mix won't see the light of day until November 1st, but the bags under my eyes will tell you it was mixed late on the the 31st October. The sound that shaped this mix was the deep warm tracks at the start. My favourite releases of the month are all early tracks. Thanks to Nick for putting me onto the opener "Nature Boy". The second track wastes no time being introduced into the mix "System & A Diana" seems to be trying to topple "I Woke Up With Your Hair On My Hips" for crazy title of the year. Is it just me or have there been more crazy track titles than usual this year. Must be something in the water. We get down to some good square deep stuff with "Boy Meets Girl" followed by "Move On" which comes from the same E.P. (them were the days). The next track is my favourite the Spiritchaser mix of "Into My Soul" just makes you want to jump in your car, drop the windows and cruise all day and night. The next track "Moments In Time" is a great little chugger with a cracking breakdown, made all the better by the poignant vocal over the top (wasn't me this time.) This is the part where we transition into something lighter courtesy of Master Kev and Tony Loretto with their mix of "Soul Power". DJ Fudge adds a little more sugar to the mixture to make it that much sweeter with "Get Up". We turn the clock back just a little with Dennis Ferrer on an Afro tip with "Dem People Go". The mix shifts tone again and heads back down to the basement with Groove Assassin and "Bring U Up", much deeper than he usually goes. Things start to tighten up a fair old bit with "D Essential" followed by an old tune from Henry Street "Walk 4 Me", which sits so well over "The Heartbreak" it should be a remix in it's own right. Remember you heard it here first . DJ Spen let's his hair down (what there is of it) on "Something's Happenin". We lighten the mood a little with "The Street Is My World" before going way back to 92 and an OLD Azuli gem "Progresso Disco Time". We stay in 92 for a bit of Nervous with "The Anthem", but not for long. "Where Eagles Dare" is a short 'n' sweet modern electronic disco track that I can't stop playing. The mix ends with a Layabouts remake of a Sir Piers mix from 2006 of Angie Stones "I Wasn't Kidding". I'm already looking forward to driving around Sydney with "Into My Soul" for company. Thanks again to everyone that takes the time to download and an even bigger thanks to those that tell their friends about C2E. Finally to all the producers keep up all the good work, without you guys there would be no deep soulful sounds for us all to enjoy, how sad would that be?!
1) Marco Fracasso ft Jaidene Veda - Nature Boy (Original Perspective)
2) Mic Newman - Systems & A Diana
3) Jef K & Gwen Maze - Boy Meets Girl (Original)
4) Alex Arnout - Move On (Original)
5) Aki Bergen ft Carmen Sherry - Into My Soul (Spiritcasher Remix)
6) Deeptape Project - Moments In Time (Deep Y'All Jam Remix)
7) Elz & Elise - Soul Power (MKTL Master Kev & Tony Loretto Club Mix)
8) DJ Fudge - Get Up (Original)
9) Dennis Ferrer ft Bola Belo - Dem People Go (DF's Kicked Out Mix)
10) Groove Assassin - Bring U Up
11) Fabio Tosti - D Essential (Original)
12) Tronco Traxx - Walk 4 Me
13) Phonic Funk - The Heartbreak (Original Mix)
14) DJ Spen pres. Wayne Cooper ft Biblical Jones - Something's Happenin (Thommy & Spen Remix)
15) Bassfort - The Street Is My World (Piano Mix)
16) Disco Elements - Progresso Disco Time
17) Deep Creed - The Anthem (Circle Mix)
18) Pional - Where Eagles dare
19) Tarantulaz ft Tiffany Loren - I Wasn't Kidding (The Layabouts Future Retro Vocal Mix)
It's taken a while for 2011 to turn up a big chunky mother of a mix but this one more than makes up for it. Not much to sing along to I'm afraid, but if your looking to get your sweat on you've come to the right place. The opener takes us back to 2009 and a track that I tried hard to find a home for a couple of year back but couldn't. The big phat bass that kicks in gives you a heads up of what your in for. It's not long before Jimpster makes an appearance and he is quickly followed by the Constipated Monkeys who still hold the title of best production name! Many of you will remember their track "Erectus" from the early Subliminal days. "I Keep Thinking Of You" has that new deep house feel to it with the smooth deep flowing sounds. "Vinyl Theme" takes the bass to a whole new level thanks to Max Martinez. Pol On evoke memories of early 90's rave with the synths in "Heavy Rain". It's been a while since we had any Milton Jackson on here but "One Clap Wonder" gives us a great excuse. Next up it's Lovebirds who have delivered BIG, firstly with "Give A Sh1t" which has a deep twisted disco sound with an overlay to die for. We stay with the disco biscuit for Art Of Tones "Dolces" which demonstrates the forward thinking and diversity of the producer. If you go back through older C2E mixes you'll see what I mean. Every track is different and pushing the boundaries. Next is the second Lovebirds track which has already found it's way into my top 3 tracks of 2011, yes it is that good. If you asked me to choose a track that encapsulates the C2E sound I strive for I would have to say "Chasing Things". It's everything I love about deep house music. We stay deep but transition from disco to East coast with "All Nations". One of the few vocal tracks is next and boy did Groove Assassin give this bad boy a workout. "Perfect Love" is a great big bouncing beast of a tune and will have you jumping around uncontrollably. The Aussies get in on the act next with Nathan G's "The Promise", again some great synths and chords in there. "So Real" has an old skool UK garage feel to it as it chugs and bounces along. The next track "It Keeps You Movin'" does exactly what it says on the tin and comes a very close second to Chasing Things. It's nine minutes long but that doesn't feel long enough as you just wanna clear some space and go nuts to this little gem. We start to ease out of the mix, but it's pretty gradual. "Toms Over" sees Kerri Chandler get in on the act. The track then floats over the top of Joey Negro's Medusa mix of "Every Day Of The Week". I have to say Dave is a very busy man at them moment, a ton of releases from him and all of them up to the standards we've come to expect. We leave the mix with "Make It last", a little deep disco number that I would have loved to squeeze more of in. I think this mix is going to live in my favourites for the rest of the year at least. Hopefully I'll get the chance to add another similar mix to the vaults before the year end. In the meantime, go get a towel handy to mop up the seat your about to make, and TURN IT UP!
1) Luciano - Los Ninos De Fuera
2) Jimpster - Alsace & Lorraine (Dairmount & Berardi Perspective)
3) Constipated Monkeys - Erectus
4) Roberto Rodriguez - I Keep Thinking Of You
5) Lars Behrenroth ft Chezere - The Way You Move (Dub)
6) Doc Link & Anastasia Samara - Vinyl Theme (Max Martinez Afrotech Mix)
7) Pol_On - Heavy Rain
8) Tom Middleton - One Clap Wonder (Milton Jackson Mix)
9) Lovebirds - Give A Sh1t
10) Art Of Tones - Dolces
11) Lovebirds - Chasing Things
12) Christian Alvarez ft Mr V - All Nations (Soledrifter Vocal Dub)
13) Capital T ft Taymah - Perfect Love (Groove Assassin Masterclass Mix)
14) Nathan G ft Alexander East - The Promise (Luvbug Vocal Mix)
15) Combo - So Real (Huxley Remix)
16) Peter Horrevorts & Van Anh - It Keeps You Movin'
17) Jonathan Meyer - Toms Over (Kerri Chandler Mix)
18) The Muthafunkaz - Every Day Of The Week (Joey Negro Medusa Dub)
19) Dimitri Max - Make It Last
Tough choices at the moment, there are a lot of good tracks about and sometimes it seems you can have too much of a good thing. Especially if you have to find a bunch of tracks that will play nicely together. After several attempts a radical decision was made. Stick to one side of the Atlantic for August with the rest going in to make September. So this month is the turn of the US, that doesn't mean all of the producers and artists are American, it's more about the overall sound. Mix opens where June Vol2 left off with Moodymanns "On The Run", over "Walk A Mile" this time. Nice warm start to things. Good to see Eric Kupper still releasing tunes and "Bloom" shows he hasn't lost his touch. The next track has to have one of the most original names in house - "I Woke Up With Your Hair On My Hips", hmmmm, it's a good track any way. "Fa'Ka" is more on an African vybe but works well with it's American brethren. The next track is one of my favourites at the moment "Left 4 Dead" is so phat and chunky and kicks off the chunky part of the mix. That chunkiness is continued with "Sound Of The Rain". We stay with the chunky Chicago style, but add a disco twist with the superb "Way Back When". Chicago takes over with Terry hunter delivering BIG on "Ugly Part Of Me". Now your vocal chords are warmed up we will serve up another cracker with "Hope You Feel Better". As the mix continues it's time to go gospel. The irony being the first track is actually a track by Fanatix from the UK. One of my all time favourite gospel tracks makes an appearance and puts Baltimore on the map. A blast from the past "A Feelin" is just HUGE and I can't get enough of the hook towards the end of the track. The mix takes on a West coast feel with Drum & Wild. Not sure what you would call the next track "I Get Over", it's like a modern space disco biscuit. We get a second dose of that West coast sound with "Big Trunk" before finishing with another disco biscuit, of the old fashioned variety this time. Next month will see the response from the East side of the Atlantic, I can tell you it is already shaping up very nicely. In the meantime enjoy that stateside sound.
1) Cuebur ft Nathan X - Walk A Mile (Ultra Tone In Too Deep Remix)
2) Eric Kupper - Bloom (Jazz Mix)
3) Phonogenic - I Woke Up With Your Hair On My Lips
4) Rancido - Fa' Ka (Deep Journey Main)
5) Sean Smith - Left 4 Dead (Original Mix)
6) Lee Tristham - Sound Of The Rain (PowderSoul Mix)
7) Cajmere ft Russoul - Way Back When (Original)
8) Avery Sunshine - Ugly Part Of Me (Terry Hunter Bang)
9) Margaret Grace - Hope You Feel Better (Danny Krivit remix)
10) Assurance & Fanatix - I Trust You (Psalms 143) (Original Mix)
11) Jasper Street Company - A Feelin
12) The Sleeper - Drum & Wild (Universal Solution Liquatech Mix)
13) Tayo Wink - I Get Over (Original)
14) Festina Lente - Big Trunk (DJ Jogador Mint Crush Mix)
15) Juno What?! - Don't Wake (Love Over Money Brings The Strings Mix)
Bit of a dilemma this month, there always is when there's an abundance of music about, especially when it crosses different genres. Started by trying to do a purely chunky mix, but there wasn't enough of a decent quality to do a whole 80 minutes. Same again with the soulful stuff. In the end went for the best of both worlds. The first 20 minutes are smooth and creamy, and the last 20 are chunky monkey, with a discofied bouncy centre. Mix starts off with Karizma & Spens dub mix of an old classic "Brighter Days". Sean McCabe features three times this month. Does the guy ever sleep?! The first is a mix of "Save Me" by Redsoul. Atjazz must be another workaholic judging by the volume of releases about. Stand out for him right now is his Love Soul mix of "On The Beach". It's back to McCabe again in this UK tag team event, for his mix of "I" on Strictly Rhythm. The last of the soulful collection is "Live 4 Now", a very deep n smooth track. We pick things up courtesy of Mr Chandler and "Love Will Find A Way". It's a nice transition into the full on disco sound of Joey Negros "Music Speaks Louder Than Words". The next track is one of my all time faves from the 90's. I use to play it so much that the tape soon became warped . McCabe pops up one last time with a great stripped down mix of "Feel Alive". It's chunky monkey time now and Lovebirds get things going with "The Beast" before a real blast from the distant past. "Coreshine Voodoo" sounds like all the best things from the early 90's London Orbital scene rolled into one. You'd swear you heard it 20 years ago, but apparently it's new. "One" by Linkwood get me jumping all over the shop whenever I hear it (it can be a bit embarrassing on the bus in the morning) there's not much to the track, but's it's just so BOUNCY. Time for another musical style, and this time it's Latin with "Camino". The next track is borderline mainstream, but I never owned the original Layo & Bushwacka track despite having a soft spot for it. So here it is now, revamped and saxed up. We slowly start to ease back now with "She", followed by "Yours" which has done the rounds in the clubs for a while now. Last track of the mix "Learning To Love Me" takes us back to where we started. It was looking like a two mix month, but to be honest this is a blend of the best of both volumes. Thanks as always for everyone's support. It's you guys that give me the motivation to keep going and going and going...... If you like the mix leave a comment so others can enjoy too, if you don't like it, let me know, I'm a big boy I can take it
1) Cajmere ft Dajae - Brighter Days (Karizma & DJ Spen Deepah Dub)
2) Redsoul Ft Carla Prather - Save Me (Sean McCabe Remix)
3) Leon Ware - On The Beach (Atjazz Love Soul Remix)
4) Donae'o - I (Sean McCabe Remix)
5) t3N - Live 4 Now
6) Kerri Chandler - Love Will Find A Way (Players Mix)
7) Joey Negro pres Doug Willis - Music Speaks Louder Than Words (Doug's Jazzfundisco Dub)
8) Sound Of One - I Know A Place (Prev Unreleased 124 BPM)
9) The Demitrios Project - Feel Alive (Sean McCabe Can't Stop Dub)
10) Lovebirds - The Beast
11) Lone - Coreshine Voodoo
12) Linkwood - One
13) Sandy Turnbull - Camino
14) Electric Tango - Sax Story (Dino's Club Mix)
15) Jacob Korn - She (Original)
16) Steffi - Yours
17) Charles Webster ft Diviniti - Learning To Love Me (P's Deep Soul Mix)
Well the part about having enough tracks for two June mixes was true. Having the time to release them both in June wasn't. Still the mix is here now and that's the main thing. This mix is very different to most C2E mixes, this one is all grown up, deep, tribal and on the whole, pretty well behaved. You can tell it's going to be when you see the artists, Black Coffee, Vega, Atjazz, Josh Milan, Rocco and Mr McCabe. We open with an Atjazz remix of "Chasing" before moving into Vega's superb mix of Black Coffees "We Are One". Juju comes up with a mad laid back vibe on "My Personal Healer". The next track "First To Say Goodbye" has been around a while but this is the first mix that's provided a platform to play it. We stay with Tribe records for another slice of Tribal beats with "Banane Mavoka". RAW Artistic Soul keep things deep with their mix of "I Love The Night". Atjazz returns next with his twisted take on Anane Vegas "Plastic People" which has to be the biggest remix package ever seen. Osunlade lightens the mood slightly with "I'm Happy". Spen gets in on the act with a mix of "Stay With Me" by the legend that is Josh Milan. The next track "Ghetto People" is giving me big goosebumps at the moment, has an old Quentin Harris feel to it, great work by Guy Robin on the remix. Next we have the return of a classic from May 2011. Josh Milan's "Your Body". It's an Afghan Hound of a track so needs the chance to get out and really stretch it's legs, which it couldn't do on the May mix when we just let it out in the back yard. The next track is as crazy as we go on this mix. Tornado Wallace throws up a big fat funky mix of "Into The Night". We ease out of the mix with Sean McCabe's ever reliable touch, this time it's Miss Tucker and Su'Su Bobien on the receiving end with "Care Free". The last track is a real beauty all the way from Brasil. The BSC did a great job on You & Me, a genuine sunset track. The heads out there may recognise Moodymanns "On The Run" lurking in the background right at the end. No rest for the wicked, I'm off to get the July mix ready. As for you guys, you need to go get deep dark and tribal.
1) C.9ine ft Kholi - Chasing Part 1 (Atjazz Remix)
2) Black Coffee ft Hugh Masekela - We Are One (Louie Vega Roots Mix)
3) Move D - Your Personal Healer (Hydraulic Guitar By JuJu)
4) DJ Micks ft Robin Latimore - First To Say Goodbye (DJ Micks 2010 People's Favourite Style Mix)
5) Black Motion ft Jah Rich - Banane Mavoko (Dub Mix)
6) Rocco & C. Robert Walker - I Love The Night (RAW Artistic Soul Vocal Dub)
7) Anane - Plastic People (Atjazz Remix Instrumental)
8) Osunlade - I'm Happy
9) Kenny Dope ft Josh Milan - Stay With Me (Muthafunkaz Bare Bonez Remix)
10) Ian Friday pres Chris Rob - Ghetto People (Guy Robin Instrumental)
11) Josh Milan - Your Body (Louie Vega Eol Mix)
12) JD73 - Into The Night (Tornado Wallace Mix)
13) Barbara Tucker Pres Su'Su Bobien - Care Free (Sean McCabe Vocal Mix)
14) BSC ft Jessi Colasante - You & Me
As the name suggests I'm feeling confident of knocking out a couple of mixes this month. This one gets us half way there. Volume one has an inoffensive nice guy smooth and deep feel to it without too many sharp edges. We have a double helping of Marlon D and Groove Assassin, but surprisingly no Atjazz, he's in Vol2. This months mix opens with a remix from Osunlade. "Amante" is guaranteed to help you start the day with a smile. Next up Tigerskin delivers a tune for the beach with "Feel For You". "Bide Your Time" deepens the mood of the mix a little, but in a nice way. "New Jazzno" is an excellent slice of deep smooth house. Its underpinned by "Monitor Blind" to toughen it up a little, before fading out to let the underlying track take centre stage. We get a smidgen of the 90's London sound just to tease. The mix then moves into Soulful mode with the first of Groove Assassins contributions - "Closer". It has a real epic feel to it when it opens. The next track is smokin at the moment "Singer Of Songs" is definitely one for the heads. I was asked to play both Singer Of Songs and something by Kenny Bobien and by pure chance it happened, and back 2 back! I honestly didn't realise until the mix had been done. It's GAs second track which features KB with "About Love". It's a great bit of vocal house that's gonna have you singing it all day long. In amongst all that is Marlon D's "Trust The Drum", but you may not even notice it. We should all be singing out of the car window by now, so we'll keep the vocals coming with "Set Me Free" a nice fresh bouncy track. The next track is Marlon D showing his genius. "Nothing" is one of my favs on the mix, the chords are top drawer. We step up now for the main course starting with a remix of "Magic" which first featured on Jan 2010 mix very briefly. The piano is superb when it drops in. Phaze Dee did a great job with the next track "World Of Deep". We get a blast from the not so distant past next with "Bar A Thym", this one is the Supernova dub which just twists things up a little. The most twisted track is next and of course it comes from Karizma, who else. As DJ Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba would say "hey kids it's almost time to go", so we'll end with something a little different. "Violent Express" is a great come down track with a warm soothing bass. No rest for the wicked I gotta get stuck into Volume 2 and make good on my promise. In the meantime you guys get stuck into Vol1, I'll be checking for crumbs. As I write this I've just read that Darryl Pandy has sadly passed. It's a sad loss for HOUSE.
1) Santos - Amante (Yoruba Suite Mix)
2) Tigerskin - Feel For You
3) Leif - Bide The Time
4) Christo - New Jazzno
5) Tripmastaz - Monitor Blind
6) Lisa Millet - Closer (Groove Assassin Instrumental)
7) Irfan Rainy & Rex Leon ft Vaceo - Singer Of Songs (Vinyl Ears Mix)
8) Marlon D - Trust The Drum
9) Groove Assassin ft Kenny Bobien - About Love
10) Fabio Bacchini ft Brooke Russell - Set Me Free (Fabio Bacchini Dub)
11) Version - Nothing (Marlon D's Underground Collective Vocal Mix)
12) Scope - Magic (Main Mix)
13) Phaze Dee - World Of Deep
14) Kerri Chandler - Bar A Thym (Supernova Dub)
15) DJ Spinna & Amanda Diva - Devils (Knockin' On My Window) (Kaytronik Dubstramental)
16) Dom - Violent Express
D.P. - R.I.P.
In case there is any confusion out there, you didn't miss a mix, April didn't happen. But let's not dwell on the past, May is here and packed full of goodies. The mix transitions through a few different styles starting on the deep and mellow side. "Take My Hand", "Don't You Mind" and "Duplicity Remixes" have a clean simple sound, a perfect foundation for the tracks to come. "Just Lay Back" introduces the London sound with a chugging beat and great synths. We were introduced to Mark de Clive-Lowe back on the March mix. As promised here is another track from the hugely talented producer - "Everything I Need". The sound then heads back in time, even though the track is new. Julius Papp & Mr V bring back the memories with "Chicago Tribute". Sean McCabe is no stranger to C2E mixes these days, "Just A Little Bit" ft Stephanie Cooke has his trademark sound we have all come to love. Restless Soul is a busy place at the moment with a ton of releases coming out. we have two of them back to back. First is Phil Asher with "Can't Go Back", a track I've been listening to all year. You would have to have been living on the moon not to recognise the next track. It's a remake of Jill Scott's infamous "He Loves Me". The bassline is warm enough to melt lead. DJ Spen pops up next to toughen things up a little with "Believe". We have a disco mash up from Booker T which sounds great and keeps the tempo going. The gloves come off for the next few tracks as we get tougher and deeper. Rocco's mix of "Is It Possible" is thickened up considerably by the deep rolling bass of "First Jackin". We have more layers with Maurice Joshua's "Deep" Down" providing the hi-hats and vocals over "Saturday". The last couple of Deetron tracks I've bought have the exact same format, slow build up before losing the plot mid way through. The first half of the tracks are on another level though, so we have the first half of "Falling". The next track "Don't Panic" by Andre Lodemann is the exact opposite, the start is very slow and repetitive, one for the serious deep heads. The second half of the track is pure genius, I have it on repeat when I get home from work and me the boys jump around the lounge like loons. Its one of those tracks you wish went on for longer. We end with a real gem, a track you'll be hearing for years to come as a classic soulful house track. It's the result of putting together Josh Milan & Louie Vega, and you pretty much know that can only end one way. "Your Body" is a great song for the summer to come in the Northern Hemishpere, you lucky kids. It's that good I reckon you may be hearing it again on a future C2E mix so it gets a full run out. In the meantime turn it up and enjoy.
1) East St Louis Players ft Aren B - Take My Hand
2) PH-7 - Don't You Mind (Strings In Your Face Mix)
3) Torin Rea ft Erin Powers - Duplicity Remixes (Ralph Session's Dub Remix)
4) Yoshitaca - Just Lay Back
5) MdCL - Everything I Need (Vocal Mix)
6) Julius Papp & Mr V - Chicago Tribute (Mr V East Coast Cruise Mix)
7) Sean McCabe & Stephanie Cooke - Just A Little Bit (Sean McCabe Classic Vocal Mix)
8) Phil Asher ft Shea Soul - Can't Go Back (Main Mix)
9) Nick Doe ft Louise Golbey - He Loves Me
10) Luis Radio & Raffa Scoccia ft Su Su Bobien - Believe (DJ Spen Can't Get Enought)
11) Inner Souls - Disco Dubz For Klubz (Booker T Main Mix)
12) Shakrokh & Strecker - First Jackin
13) Steal Vybe ft Alexis Simmons - Is It Possible (Rocco Deep Mix)
14) Maurice Joshua - Deep Down (Original Mix)
15) Phonic Funk - Saturday (Original)
16) Ben Westbeech - Falling (Deetron Acid Remix Dub)
17) Leif, BLM, Pawas - Online (Cally Vinyl Remix)
18) And - Don't Panic
19) Josh Milan - Your Body (Louie Vega EOL Mix)
This is definitely the mix that almost never was. Early March was looking as bleak as January in terms of quality which is scary considering the WMC was around the corner. Glad to say things picked up towards the end of the month, so much so there is now enough for two mixes. This mix starts off deep and vocal, spends a bit of time in London before dropping in on Marlon D for a couple. The first track is a remix from Rocco "Pain", so you know it's gonna be DEEP. The next track "Crying For Love" is text book deep soulful house. Everything about the track is warm smooth and soothing. It's like sending your ears to a lavish spa retreat for the weekend to be pampered. Pretty much impossible to put a mix out these days without an Atjazz contribution somewhere, "Glory" is another fine piece of work with his trademark sound. We have a double helping of Peven Everett too, firstly the mesmerising "Sweetness Is" and later on "How Bad I Want Ya", two great tracks separated by two others from Mathew Bandy & Kim English/Blacksoul. "We Can't Lose" has a live feel to it, nice. Great to hear Kim English back at the top of the pile with "The Only One" teaming up with in form Blacksoul. Don't get too carried away with the Love & Happiness beats, it's just a transition into "Cultureless", a track I didn't think much of at first but now when the chorus drops I get goosebumps every time. This is the point when we spend a bit of time in the UK picking up some London vibes. "Uplifted", "Sublim3" and "Feelin' Nervous" have that great bouncy urban feel to them. The next section gets very intense with at least two tracks playing at any given time. "Mufasa" acts as the cornflour to our musical cream sauce thickening up the beats and bass, while "Take Me Higher" provides the flavour. Same again with "Cicadas" underpinning "Cmon Babe". The next track doesn't needs steroids as Marlon D's already given it a good work out, "Afrika vs NY" is BONKERS plain and simple. We finish up with a second track from Mark de Clive-Lowe - "Feels Like Home", a great production leaving me looking forward to more from him this year.
1) Mr Cee ft Mind Games - Pain (Rocco Dub Mix)
2) Manoo & Francois A ft Dyanna Fearon - Crying For Love
3) Halo ft Maiya - Glory (Atjazz Remix)
4) Peven Everett - Sweetness Is (Koyla Remix)
5) Black Coffee ft Hugh Masekela - We Are One (Bhoddi Beats)
6) Matthew Bandy ft Adrianne Archie - We Can't Lose
7) Kim English meets Blacksoul, Jozsef Keller & Pete-r - The Only One (Maurice Joshua Soul Mix)
8) Soul Element ft Peven Everett - How Bad I Want Ya (GU True Peaktime Mix)
9) River Ocean ft India - Love & Happiness (Tito & India)
10) Souled ft Ashley Thomas - Cultureless
11) MdCL - Uplifted
12) Soul Purpose - Sublim3
13) Joey Negro pres Akabu - Feelin' Nervous (Joey Negro Extended Mix)
14) Leroy Styles & Mario Dwight - Mufasa
15) Tony Lionni - Take Me Higher
16) Tuccillo - Cmon Babe
17) Tom Middleton - Cicadas (Part 1) (Marlon D's U.C. Columbian Mix)
18) Marlon D - Afrika vs NY (Marlon D's Original Mix (Remastered))
19) MdCL - Feels Like Home (Vocal Mix)
It's finally happened, a month has gone by without a mix, believe me I tried, but as with last January there is a real shortage of quality out there. So the first mix of the 2011 is February. It's also a very different flow to most mixes, starting off deep and minimal and then mellowing out into more soulful vocal house without increasing the intensity too much towards the end. Kind of like a vegetarian C2E mix, tasty but without the usual serving of meat. Fortunately there were still some good tracks available as you'll hear. We start things off with a deep mellow gem "Every Cow Has A Bird". The mix has a real deep "start of the night" feel to it for the first few tracks. We stay deep with Aki Bergens mix of "Downtown" before a serving of Maya Jane Coles sandwich, "Breath" and "Humming Bird" with a side of "Keep On" by The Soulshapes. The mix then changes direction and heads down a more deep n soulful path and what better way to transition than with Atjazz who starts 2011 in the form he showed during 2010. "Selfish Skies" has been soothing my ears for a few weeks now. The vocals keeps coming and take on a distinctly NY sound for the the next few tracks with "Living", "You. Me. World", "All Night" and "Times Of Change". The next track just missed out on being in the Dec 2010 mix "Never Saw You Coming" is a timeless masterpiece of a mix by Spinna of a Black Coffe track, pretty potent combination. We have our only blast from the past next "Closer" by Mood II Swing, a track that epitomises the bar sound of the mid 90's. The next track "Cool Breeze" shows the damage that can be done with an organ riff if you know what your doing, Marlon D nails this one. Henrik Schwarz let rip with his mix of "Kuar", another track that could have been in Dec 2010. The mix takes a funky turn with the next track. "In The City" has a great hook with a couple of cheeky samples in there too. We end with the very laidback "It's Hot In Africa" by The Rurals. This year seems to have got off to the same slow start as 2010, hopefully it will go on to produce the same kind of quality we heard last year as the year progresses.
1) Guti & Dubshape - Every Cow Has A Bird
2) Tim Rogers & Joel Armstrong - Downtown (Aki Bergen vs Neuroxyde)
3) Mayan Jane Coles - Breathe
4) The Soulshapes - Keep On (Main Mix)
5) Mayan Jane Coles - Humming Bird
6) Warm Days ft Swindle & Natalie Maddix - Selfish Skies (Atjazz Mix)
7) Jon Cutler ft Pete Simpson - Living (83 West Mix)
8) Monique Bingham - You. Me. World (Jon Cutler's Distant Music Mix)
9) Temple Movement pres. Queen Aminah - All Night (Main Mix)
10) Hosanna Littlebird - Times Of Change (Temple Movement Club Mix)
11) Black Coffee ft Tsepo - Never Saw You Coming (DJ Spinna Galactic Soul Mix)
12) Mood II Swing - Closer (King St Moody Club)
13) Marlon D - Cool Breeze (German Mix)
14) Emmanuel Jal - Kuar (Henrik Shwarz Remix)
15) Andre Crom & Martin Dawson - In The City
16) The Rurals ft Magic Soul - It's Hot In Africa (Andy Comptons Peng Mix)
Here we are then end of another year. It started off slow but looking back it went on to produce some crackers. This mix has got more layering than a Toni & Guy salon on a Saturday afternoon. Mix starts off with a release from Demarkus Lewis "Time To Go", a nice little number to get us in the mood. Next is the first of two tracks from Soul Renegades, who I'll be honest I hadn't heard of until last month with their excellent remix of "Song For Sharma". This first track from the Common Occupation E.P. "Kiss The World" has a nice deep bass and haunting vocals. We then start with the layers. First it's Aki Bergens dub mix of "I'll Let It" from back in August. Over that we then have N'Dinga Gabas mix of "Work It" from the same month. Neither track had enough to make it into a mix in their own right, but mixed together they go as well as lemon and lime. The layering continues as "Californication" by Jose Burgos back in April is introduced. Over that we then have "E79" by Kink again from April. Same story here, one track has great beats and brass, the other a killer vibe but too sparse to fit in a mix. Together they sound fresh, deep, chunky and superb. The last track to join the salad is Frankie Felicianos mix of "Happy Endings". This track grows on you everytime you hear it, everyone in our house now sings along. We then loosen off for a couple of tracks and get down to some old fashioned soulful vocal house with Sean McCabes mix of "God Created Woman", and Nick Moss (Groove Assassins) quality mix of "Call On Me". Time to start turning the screw again and we do that by going gospel, Baltimore gospel courtesy of Spen (who else) with "And Be Glad In It". We then make a very quick stop at the disco hall for "Born Again" by JJK from back in October. Peven Everret turns up the heat as always with "Inspiration", a track that has been looking for a home since September. We come flying out of that and straight into another Timmy Regisford track "At The Club". This track is huge and the original is fantastic, but to transition I used the beats from "The Bomb" and the thing is, the two together take it to another level. Those "Air Macks" are the business and just make you go that little more crazy. Things stay very tight with the introduction of "Put Off". This is my find for the month, has a totally different feel to everything else on the mix and at first sounds like the we have let up on the gas. However when that piano break kicks in you realise we are still belting along in the same direction. Earnshaw is up next with a chunky mother "Hold On". The next track is the only classic on the mix and is from 91. I've been trying to drop "The Happy Song" since May and you'll hear why. The piano is just vintage house from that era. I could listen to it all day. We do ease up for the last two tracks. "I Remember" is the second track from the Soul Renegades and is a peach. The final track is as laid back as you can get. "Abigail" has a gentle haunting feel to it, and offers the perfect opportunity to reflect on the year that was. Thanks again to everyone for your support this year. The audience has grown month on month so thanks for spreading the word and coming back for more. Remember to post feedback if you like a mix so others know to give it a try. With almost 100 mixes new comers don't know where to start, so please give them a helping ear.
1) Demarkus Lewis - Time To Go (Deez Exit Plan Mix)
2) Soul Renegades - Kiss The World (Main Mix)
3) The Realm ft Choklate - I'll Let It (Aki Bergen Dub-O-Matic)
4) Muzzaik ft Zaida - Work It (N'Dinga Gaba instrumental)
5) Jose Burgos & The Playas - Californication
6) Kink - E79
7) DJ Man-X & Vick Lavender ft Shawnee Taylor - Happy Endings (Frankie Feliciano Vocal)
8) Margaret Grace - God Created Woman (Sean McCabe Raw Dub Mix)
9) Redsoul ft Nicole Mitchell - Call On Me (Groove Assassin Classic Club)
10) DJ Spen pres Assurance - And Be Glad In It (Vocal Mix)
11) John Julius Knight - Born Again
12) Peven Everett - Inspiration (Timmy Regisford & Adam Rios Remix)
13) The Bucketheads - The Bomb (Bucket Beats)
14) Timmy Regisford ft Lynn Lockamy - At The Club (Timmy Regisford & Adam Rios Remix)
15) Marlow - Put Off ft Comixxx & Knixx
16) B-ayce ft Stephanie - Hold On (Earnshaw's Strippin It Back Mix)
17) Slam Mode - The Happy Song (Slammode Deep Ultra Mix)
18) Soul Renegades - I Remember
19) Black Sauce - Abigail (Vocal Mix)
Smooth smooth smooth. That's about the only way to describe this months mix. Every now and then you find yourself with a ton of new tunes with a certain vibe. As tempting as it was to up the tempo mid way through, I thought I'd try to be all grown up and keep things civilised. The warmth on the first track Lem Springsteens "New Beginning" sets the tone. Nick Holder steps up next with more smooth in "Destination Africa". My favourite track on the mix is "Afternoon Tribute", if your a fan of Moodymanns "Mahogany Brown" then you will love this. It's like "Moodymann does Miami" and I' can't get enough of it. When the chords change during the build up you get that tingly feeling when you know something great is about to happen. The next track is up there too, "Sometimes" carries on with the overall deep smoothness of the mix. "Temple Movements" has a great deep NY shuffle to it along with a huge deep bass rumble. "Love Seeker" sees Groove Asssassin inject some tough beats to get your ass moving. Roland Clark returns to his soulful roots with "Tambor Love" a tune I must admit I missed first time round, but once you hear it a couple of times you'll find yourself singing it all day long. Frankie Feliciano toughens things up again with a chunky number "Stalker Track". "Love We Had" is a collaboration between Miguel Migs and Peven Everett, if you ask me they should get together more often. Hardsoul have also returned to the soulful fold with their polished mix of "Give It To Me". It isn't possible to do a mix these days without dropping a Sean McCabe tune, this month it's "Rough Times", but I could have chosen from a bucket load. We have three tracks in a row from Z records, great to see the label still going strong. This second track "Still In Love" is vintage Dave Lee. It's not often I buy a remake of tunes from the recent past that I loved first time round (just an old fart with things like that), but I made an exception with Soul Renegades mix of "Song For Sharma". The original was such a gem and still can't be beat, but man did they give it a shot. It's equally rare for me to play two mixes of the same track across my mixes, but was playing around with this when I dropped the accapella, I had a huge smile from ear to ear (and I was on the bus to work at the time). Only fair to share it with you guys so you can smile uncontrollably too. It's Conan Liquids mix of "Another World" with a classic over the top. I won't spoil it by telling you what it is, that way you have to listen to all of the mix . We drop down a couple of gears to end. "Brazillian Skies" has you reaching for your Mojito, while "Dana's Dream" leaves you curled up on the rug in front of the fire in your favourite slippers. This mix is warm enough to melt the snow in Scotland and smooth enough to use as sun cream if your in the Southern Hemisphere. Yes I know this mix isn't as long as usual, but as the ladies say it's not the size that counts.
1) Lem Springsteen - New Beginning (Reprise)
2) Lem Springsteen - New Beginning (Instrumental)
3) Nick Holder ft Sphelele - Destination Africa (Instrumental)
4) Vernon - Afternoon Tribute
5) Fabio Bacchini - Sometimes
6) Adam Rios & Ruben Toro - Temple Movement
7) Groove Assassin ft Tantra Z - Love Seeker (GA instrumental Mix)
8) Roland Clark - Tambor Love
9) Frankie Feliciano - Stalker Track
10) Miguel Migs & Peven Everett - Love We Had
11) Rasmus Faber ft Dyanna Fear - Give It To Me (Hardsoul Reconstruction)
12) Joey Negro & The Sunburst Band - Rough Times (Sean McCabe Dub)
13) AC Soul Symphony - Still In Love (Joey Negro Jazz Funk Dub)
14) Soul Central - Song For Sharma (Soul Renegade Mix)
15) Joey Negro pres Akabu - Kickin' in Another World (Conan Liquid Mix)
16) Bill Summers - Brazillian Skies (DJ Spinna and Ahmed Sirour Mix)
17) Los Charly's Orchestra - Dana's Dream
This mix starts off soft and fury on the outside, but deep inside is a pumping Baltimore core. The opening track "Out of Soul" is very laid back, one for lying in the park watching the clouds roll by. "Desires of the Heart" introduces a more familiar house beat but is still nice n chilled. Mr V shows us his smooth side with "Remember Me". Atjazz is the man to watch, he just adds another dimension to deep. Couldn't choose between the dub and regular mix, so went for both of them. My little boy has a thing for the next track "Gotta Get With Him", has him in fits of laughter. One of my favourite tracks on this mix is "Again", great vocals and piano chords. We go back in time to the early 90's next with Terrence Parkers classic "The Question", followed by Victor Simonellis "Do You Feel Me", both bring back great memories. There were a ton of mixes to choose from on the next track "Never Quite The Same", to be honest I like them all, for this part of the mix and the transition required the Neil Pierce remix is the best fit. I've been trying to drop "Till You Go Home" for a few months now, but the vybe on the mix hasn't been right. Made a few adjustments to get it in this month. I go nuts every time I listen to it. If you were a fan of "Into My Life" by Elements of life from back in 08, you will love this track. It has a couple of transitions, and the last one is timeless. The mood of the mix changes again with the introduction of "Another Generation", a modern disco sound from the maestro Dave Lee. The mix then gets very tight and intense with a distinct wiff of Baltimore madness. Starting with Spen and the Muthafunkas with "Woah!". The track sounds pretty upbeat until "Sweat Shop" is introduced after which things sounds pretty dark, the contrast sounds great. Rick Wade then joins in with some filthy disco mash in "Duke Of Cologne". It's then back to Baltimore for the next three tracks, "You Can't Hide From Yourself", "K.O.N.G" and "Da Bang Banga". We all need a rest after that so we settle back down with "Universal Message" which features a great sample from Full Metal Jacket. We end almost as chilled as we started with "From Your Soul". If your a Spen and Karizma nut you should have had your fill by the time you've finished listening to this one.
1) Don-Ray ft Replife - Out of Soul
2) Nick Holder ft Lee Anne King - Desires Of Heart
3) DeepCitySoul ft Rainy Payne - Remember Me (Mr V De Ja Vu Main Mix)
4) DJ Le Roi ft Andrea Love - Let It Feel Good (Atjazz Dub)
5) DJ Le Roi ft Andrea Love - Let It Feel Good (Atjazz Remix)
6) Agev Munsen ft Cassio Ware - Gotta Get With You (Agev Munsen Instrumental)
7) Khanya Balani ft Khanyisa - Again
8) Seven Grand Housing Authority - The Question
9) NYs Finest - Do You Feel Me (Club Mix)
10) Hippie Torales ft Rosie Gaines - Never Quite The Same (Neil Pierce Remix)
11) Josh Milan ft ChinahBlac - Till You Go Home
12) Joey Negro pres Akabu - Another Generation (Joey Negro Extended Mix)
13) DJ Spen and the Muthafunkaz - WOAH!
14) Djinji Brown - Sweat Shop
15) Rick Wade - Duke Of Cologne
16) Marc Evans - You Can't Hide From Yourself (DP1 Dub Break Mix)
17) Karizma - K.O.N.G. (The Good Peoples Mix)
18) Deepah Ones - Da Bang Banga
19) Funk Mediteranean - Universal Message
20) Sole Kitchen - From Your Soul (My Dreams Sole Kitchen 2010 Remix)
This months mix is deep and velvety smooth with a warm biscuit base. It’s a mix of doubles too with the inform Nathan G, Atjazz and Sean McCabe contributing two tracks each. Atjazz kicks things off with “From Me To You” which sets the tone for the first half of the mix. Vocals are few and far between with Sole Kitchen’s “From Your Soul” one of the exceptions. Louie Vega’s “Vega 1” is the smooth filling in a disco biscuit with Be’s “Pass It On” and Office Gossip providing the crunch. Nathan G is in superb form at the moment with a track in last months’ mix and another two this month, nice work fella. Great to be able to play Omar in a mix and his vocals sound great in “Special” especially when given the Atjazz treatment. Sean McCabe ups the tempo with “Piece of Heaven” and “Rejoyce”. It’s then hard hats on as we go deep underground for the next couple of tracks including “Special One” which uses a hook from Inner Cities “Pennies From Heaven” mmmm nice. “Always There”, “Homework” and “Skyliner” are the peak time tracks in the mix before we slowly come back down with Thor’s “Don’t Stop”. The next track is timeless and is sure to give me goosebumps for a loooooong time to come. Andre Lodemanns mix of “Another World” has a real 1960’s James Bond feel to it with those gorgeous floating strings. Childhood memories of Bond with his Aston DB5, 60’s suits and trusty Walther PPK come flooding back, and of course the bond girls!
1) Atjazz – From Me To You
2) Sole Kitchen – From Your Soul (Original Mix)
3) Be – Pass It On
4) Louie Vega – Vega 1
5) Office Gossip – Imperfect Variations (Var.III)
6) Nathan G – Hands Up For The Count
7) Eddy Meets Yannah – Follow Me (Ezel Remix Dub)
8) Nathan G – Inner Spirit
9) Maddslinky – Special (Atjazz Remix)
10) Fuminori Kagajo ft Adeola Ranson – Piece Of Heaven (Sean McCabe Dub Mix)
11) Sakura & Co ft Sharon Brow – Rejoyce (Sean McCabe Dub Mix)
12) Christo – The Trust Is Gone (Christo’s Re-rub)
13) Paolo Martini & Paul C – Special One
14) Tony Lionni – Always There
15) Belocca, Soneec, Chris Laur & Canard – Homework
16) Daisuke Miyamoto – Skyliner
17) Thor – Don’t Stop
18) Joey Negro pres Akabu – Another World (Andre Lodemann Remix)
19) Huxley – Cobourg (Agnes Mix)
Another month another mix. This one starts off with an old flame from 1994 - "I Know A Place" which I first heard on the MAW MOS Session 5 mix. We don't stay in the past for long so it's back to 2010 for four tracks back to back from two E.P.s. Firstly Joey Negros "You Want It All" EP and "Searchin" mixed by Motor City Drum Ensemble. Next is Boogie Raptures excellent "Detroit In The Mirror" from the Double Dutch Cuts EP. Back we go again to Joey Negro for "Raw Love" ft Ovasoul, a smooth peach of a track. We up the groove with the last of the four from Double Dutch Cuts - "3am Eternal" with great remix work from Nathan G. The mix takes on a real London feel with "Gameplayer" and the deep 'n' dirty "Deep Day". "1998" is one of my favourite tracks of the month, not particularly soulful but it sure does get me movin! "Don't Stop" was played recently by Osunlade during his set in Sydney. It's the first time in a very long time that I have been blown away by the depth of a track. The first drop and bass hit when the beat kicks in has to be in my top 10 sounds of house. UNBELIEVABLE! The next track "Shades of Jae" was also played in the same set and is a tune I've been after since first hearing Kenny Dope play it at SPW. We get deep and drubby with "Dope Track" before heading into a chaotic cloud of electronic mayhem courtesy of Danny Krivits mix of "Everything Is Naturally Free". We ease out of the mix tribal style with "Streets Of Africa" and Louie Vegas 100th release on Vega records (congratulations) "Love Will Know". I'm off to listen to "Don't Stop" again and again and again........
1) Kim English - I Know A Place (E-Smoove Mix)
2) Joey Negro pres Akabu - Searchin (Motor City Drum Ensemble)
3) Boogie Raptures - Detroit In The Mirror
4) Joey Negro pres Akabu - Raw Love ft OvaSoul
5) Boogie Rapture - 3am Eternal (Nathan G Luvbug Remix)
6) Mr Nugget ft Natasha Watt - Gameplayer
7) Katrina Vaughn - Deep Day (Soulfuric Dub)
8) Georg Levin - Late Discovery (Kaytronic Dub)
9) Taras Van De Voorde - 1998
10) Soul Purpose - Aquarius
11) Soul Vision - Don't Stop (Distance Music Remix)
12) Moodymann - Shades of Jae
13) Argy, DJ Said, Jerome Sydenham - Dope track
14) P'taah - Everything Is Naturally Free
15) Funk Butcher ft Akatriel - Streets Of Africa
16) Elements Of Life ft Lisa Fischer - Love Will Know (Dance Ritual Mix)
After a string of meaty mixes over the last fews months it's time to go back to basics, no not the legendary club in Leeds, just deep soulful vocal house. One look at the artists and remixers on the tracklisting tells you your in for some very rich smooth productions and they don't disappoint. We start off as is often the case back in the day , this time it's 1992, New Jersey and a classic from Kerri Chandler - "I Got That Feelin". The next track "For The Love Of You" sits over the top as though the two we're made in the same era, not 18 years apart! We go back again, but not as far, just 1999 for some smooth West Coast sounds with Blue 6 and "Sweeter Love". Time to get into full flow with some rich smooth vocal house, "Find My May Home", "Going Nowhere" (Guy Robin on fire again) and "Butterfly" with a mix from the ever reliable Phil Asher. Off for a dive into the deep and who better than Quentin Harris to take us there. He provides a deep minimal mix of Black Coffee's Crazy. It's back to London next and you can tell with that West London feel provided by Neil Pierce on "Relish Your Soul". Cajmere puts Chicago on the map, "Get Up Off Me" was released in 1995 and is a deep house gem. My old University city - Sheffield even gets a look in thanks to Groove Assassins great mix of "How Deep". Must admit I don't buy much on Defected these days, too big room and mainstream, but "Soothe" is an exception with a nice laid back feel. "Come With Me" is the only track that doesn't have anything to sing to, but thats OK we'll just let the music take the lead. The chunkiest track on the mix is The Revenge mix of "Call Me Tonight" which has the very cheeky DJ Dealer "Temptation" accapella over the top. "In My Lifetime" made a brief appearance at the end of the June 2010 mix. This time it get's the chance to stretch it's legs. Deetron brings a completely different feel to Ezels original. Ezel goes from producer to remixer for the last one. It's a real Sunday night soak in the bath of a track and a great way to end a smooth soulful house mix. So, go get the bath running and have a smooth one courtesy of C2E.
1) Dreamer G - I Got That Feelin (Deep Mix)
2) Reelsoul ft Kyla - For The Love Of You (Conan Liquid OBL Dub)
3) Blue 6 - Sweeter Love (Jays Vocal Edit)
4) Andy Ward & Nica Brooke - Find My Way
5) Mathew Bandy ft Jonathan H - Going Nowhere (Guy Robin Remix)
6) Osunlade - Butterfly (Phil Ashers Restless Soul Vocal Mix)
7) Black Coffee ft Thiwe - Crazy (Quentin Harris Remix)
8) Neil Pierce ft Kadija Kamara - Relish Your Soul (Soul Heaven Vox)
9) Cajmere - Get Up Off Me ft Dajae (95 Dub)
10) Johnny Dangerous - How Deep (I Can't Handle It) (Groove Assassin Club Mix)
11) Furry Freaks ft Terra Deva - Soothe (Charles Websters Defected Mix)
12) Vince Watson - Come With Me
13) Ilija Rudman - Call Me Tonight (The Revenge Engaged Mix)
14) Ezel ft Tamara Wellons - In My Lifetime (Deetron Mix)
15) Reel People ft Tony Momrell - It Will Be (Ezel's Vocal Remix)
So this mix takes "late" to a whole new level, but sadly I ran out of bandwidth in June and my internet provider (Optus, just in case you were thinking of choosing them!) couldn't offer me any options for more bandwidth that month. W@NK&RS!! (Excuse my French!). I then spent a couple of weeks back in the UK, so the June mix has ended up slap bang in the middle of July! Anyway enough excuses, down to business. This mix is more of a chunky mother with the vocal stuff saved for the July mix. It starts with some great deep down filthy chords in the form of "Reprise Tha Dred" that sets the tone for the next 80 minutes. The next track is from 05, but I only heard it for the first time the other week while listening to Nick Vidal spinning in Sydney. It took me back to the old days when you got to a club early and the sound bounced around the empty room, "Dom Dom 05" could be called Dom Dom 92! I stumbled across the back catalogue from Madhouse Records and rediscovered a ton of gems from Mr Chandler including the next two, "I Need You". Two very different flavas with the "6:23 Again" and "Original Style" mixes, but both warrant air time. We start to go deeper with "Found Myself" from the Ian Friday stable. "The Rumours Of My Demise" is an even deeper gem for the heads, before we get to hear the sweet voice of Kayenne on "Someone" by Phil Asher and Kai Alce. There's a whole lot of layering over the next five tracks, as they all complement each other and increase the intensity when played together. Starting with "Afrodisco", which has you expecting it to break into Bernard Wrights' "Spinning", but it's only teasing. "Canoa" provides the African beats and catchy hook, while "99" injects a taste of disco biscuit. "No Worries" takes it deeper until "Oasis" changes all that with a much more urban feel. Peven Everett is so incredibly consistent and always one to listen out for, "Burning Hot" is no exception. "Into You" is a track I've had since Feb this year, but haven't managed to find a home for, sounds great though. Richard Earnshaw provides a solid reliable, if not a little predictable groove with "Fly Me Higher". Another old track that has never been in the right company from back in October last year is Knee Deeps' remix of "Never Be The Same". "This Groove" is our last knees up before coming down with a phat slice of deep with "MPC Controller". The mix fades out with Deetrons smooth remix of "In My Lifetime". Sorry for teasing you with this right at the end, but I promise it will get played in full in the July mix. This was almost the first monthly mix I had missed since June 2003!! But you didn't think I would let that happen now did you?!
1) Creative Violence - Reprise Tha Dred
2) The Deep & Fred Melosax - Dom Dom 05
3) Kamar - I Need You (6:23 Again)
4) Kamar - I Need You (Original Style)
5) Ian Friday ft Chris Rob - Found Myself (Lovestar Vox)
6) Chymera - The Rumours Of My Demise
7) Phil Asher & Kai Alce - Someone ft Kayenne Vocal)
8) The Funk Ensemble - Afrodisco (Dario D'Attis Main Cut)
9) DJ Gregory & Gregor Salto - Canoa
10) Cassius - 99 (Tim Green Remix)
11) Butch - No Worries
12) Aaron Carl, G Mitchell Of Los Hermanos - Oasis Remix (G Mitchel Vocal Mix)
13) Peven Everett - Burning Hot (Timmy Regisford Mix)
14) Danny Clark & Jay Benham ft Carla Prather - Into You
15) Tony Vass - Fly Me Higher (Richard Earnshaw Dub)
16) Roed Svensk ft Simon Green - Never Be The Same (Knee Deep Remix)
17) Ramon Tapia - This Groove
18) Christian Soule - MPC Controller
19) Ezel ft Tamara Wellons - In My Lifetime (Deetron Remix)
This mix ain't for the faint hearted, well in fact it's a birthday present to myself so it's a real deep down 'n' dubby monster. It even starts off by teasing you with a bit fat funk courtesy of Moodymann, letting you catch a couple of glimpses of sweet "Mahogany Brown" before slapping you round the head with the bass. The tunes come thick and fast and it's not long before we're nodding to more bass in the form of "Goove Thang". We get a rare vocal, but it's really only a sample with FCLs "Let's Go". The next track "Scattered Dreams" is from 1992, I've been after it ever since, and you can hear why. By the way you won't be able to stop yourself singing along. We then get deep with "I Need (2 Be)", before briefly losing losing the plot courtesy of Glasgows The Revenge and "Beyond The Dance". "South City" is the last of the upright deep tracks before we hear more of a London rump funk sound with "Wait & See", "A Definition Of Garage" and "DCS Theme". "Science & Soul" brings in a more funky feel to mix things up a bit. Good to hear the legendary voice of Byron Stingly, even though it's still only a dub! One of my favourite tracks on the mix is next, Shur-I-Khans "String Killer", mmmmmm nice! "The Track" is the start of things getting a bit feral and a sign that it's time to close the curtains so the neighbours don't see you get your sweat on! We turn the clock back for a saxophone giant of a track. "Mas Pito" is the best track Subliminal have ever released in my humble opinion. We stay in the past for Salt City Orchestra's "The Book", a great track that takes on a journey and brings you home safe and sound. Or at least it would if I hadn't mixed "Pretoria" into it. BIG DEEP BEAT lunacy! Klement Bonelli takes the mix to climax with "She's Got Everything". After all that jumping around we need a little rest (I mean we aren't getting any younger are we!). What better way to catch your breath than with "Guaguanco". And to bring your heart rate back down we have Will Miltons "Propaganda". It has a real late 80's Chicago house feel to it and is a great way to end any mix. No need for the gym this week, I'm just going to close the curtains and dance around the lounge like a madman!
1) Moodymann - Mahogany Brown
2) Chicago Underground Council - Goove Thang
3) FCL - Let's Go
4) 280 West - Scattered Dreams (Boom Chocka-Boom Mix)
5) Pol On - I Need (2 Be)
6) Joey Negro - Beyond The Dance (The Revenge Mix)
7) La Pena - South City
8) Bobby & Klein - Wait & See
9) Danny J Lewis - A Definition Of Garage (Vox Dub)
10) DeepCitySoul - DCS Theme
11) Bleep District - Science & Soul
12) Nathan G & Blackfrog ft Byron Stingly - No Limit (Nathan G Luvbug Deeper Dub Rub)
13) Shur-I-Khan - String Killer
14) Andrew RagRichardson, Larry McPhail, William Rosario - The Track
15) Mongobonix - Mas Pito
16) Salt City Orchestra - The Book (Hardbook Dub)
17) Frankie Rizardo - Pretoria
18) Klement Bonelli - She's Got Everything
19) Papo Sanchez - Guaguanco (Terry's Tribal Instrumental)
20) Will Milton - Propaganda
This months mix is a genuine mix of the old and the new. Starting with Lood - "Shout N Out", a track that puts a huge smile on your face and was nearly the opener for MAW Vol2. We stay in the same year for another of my favourites, Brooklyn Friends "Philadelphia", which is the biggest selling track on Nite Grooves! We brings things forward to today with a great Ralph Gum remix of Black Coffee's "Garden Of Eden", followed by Groove Assassins excellent Dub of "Time Is Now". We head back in time again to 1994 for Swing 52's "Color Of My Skin". Lovebirds bring us back to the future with "Dancin". We stay in the present for a sing along to Simon Grey & Dave Storms "Signs", Lawnchair Generals "Talk To Me", John Hawleys "I Have A Soul" and Justin Michael & Phonik Funks "My Destination". The next track was a huge hit at this years WMC, Greg Gauthiers mix of "Old Landmark" brings the Blues Brothers classic right up to date. It's then time to turn the clock back again for Seven Grand Housing Authorities "Love's Got Me High". The next track is one of Roland Clarks finest moments and one of house musics finest tunes, Urban Soul "Alright" is timeless. Everyone knows the famous LaTour "Blue" track from Basic instinct, but this mix has a bouncy upbeat feel. We finish up with another track from the Sasha @ Universe in 91 mixtape. Lil Louis -"Club Lonely". This Bellbottoms and Platforms mix is definitely my favourites. This mix is different to most monthly mixes, and is almost another one for the classic series. Hope you enjoy it as much I enjoyed putting it together.
1) Lood - Shout N Out
2) Brooklyn Friends - Philadelphia
3) Black Coffee - Garden Of Eden (Ralph Gum Mix)
4) Lips - Time Is Now (Groove Assassins Dub)
5) Swing 52 - Color Of My Skin
6) Lovebirds - Dancin
7) Simon Grey & Dave Storm - Signs
8) LawnChair Generals & Alexander - Talk To Me
9) John Hawley - I Have A Soul
10)Justin Michael & Phonik Funk - My Destination (M-Sol Mix)
11) The DJoon Experience - Old Landmark (Greg Gauthiers Dance Culture Mix)
12) Seven Grand Housing Authority - Love's Got Me High
13) Urban Soul - Alright
14) Streetlife Originals - Lara's Theme
15) LaTour - Blue (Underground Ice Pick Mix)
16) Lil Louis - Club Lonely (Bellbottoms and Platforms Mix)
The Easter Bunny mix, not to be confused with the Jive Bunny mix! As is often the case we have tunes going back 18 years, not that you'd know it if I didn't tell you! Opener is from 1992, an early release on Strictly, Sole Fusion - "We Can Make It" the Underground Network mix with those silky early 90's synths. Sean McCabe has a couple of tunes in this months mix. Both have a great deep London garage feel to them, first is a remix of Bah Sambas "Reach Inside". There were a ton of mixes to choose from on the next track "Lifts Me Higher" but the Jon Cutler mix had a chunky smooth feel to it, although it was a close run thing with Jose Carretas version. Next track requires another shout out to Nick Vidal for putting me onto it. Within 5 seconds of hearing "That Night" I knew it would have to find a place for it in the mix. The next two tracks change the feel, bringing a more tribal Latin feel. The second track "Juju" again another tip from Nick, I owe you a drink next time we're out! Vibe shifts again to some deeper stuff with Hiro's twisted mix of "Breaking Bad". The next track "Getting Crazy in the Ghetto" is probably going to be one of my favourite DJ Sneak tracks, a genuine head nodding bouncy track that puts a smile on yer face. Karizma and Monique Bingham serve up a peach with "Good Morning", continuing the bounce in yer step feel. The next track "I Need A Beat" is the first of two from the excellent Jose Burgos & The Playas "A Day In The Life" album, quite rightly flogged by Mr Burnside on facebook all week! The tune goes off, and will have any discofried chicken drumstick going mental! It did me anyway! "The World As I Live It" takes the mix to the basement, but fear not a few cheeky loops from Jodeci give us all something to sing along too whilst getting down. We return to Mr Burgos and his Playas again for more disco madness with "Saturday Groove". The next track was my favourite tune from my first Southport weekender, it got hammered all weekend and ensured I'd keep going back for more year after year, "Block Party" was like nothing you'd heard before. Another tune from the vaults is "Tania", combined here with a classic acapella from even earlier. Next tune is one I've been after for years, "Dreams". It just reminds me of driving Home in the UK after nights out when the motorways are peaceful, quiet and free from loons and nut jobs! We wrap up with the second mix from Mr McCabe who is in fine form right now, keep eating whatever your having for breakfast! This months mix is dedicated to my little boy Bailey who finally learnt to use the potty!! RESULT! I'm off to blow the money I'll be saving on nappies!
1) Soul Fusion - We Can Make It (Underground Network Mix)
2) Ricardo Miranda - Hypocrisity
3) Bah Samba - Reach Inside (Sean McCabe Dub Mix)
4) Angel A & Doc Link - Lifts Me Higher (Jon Cutlers Distant Music Mix)
5) Jazzanova - That Night (Wahoo Mix)
6) Quadrasonic Orchestra - Ochimini In Space
7) Black Coffee ft Zakes Bantwini - Juju
8) Art Of Tones - Breaking Bad (Hiro Perspective)
9) DJ Sneak - Getting Crazy In The Ghetto
10) Karizma ft Monique Bingham - Good Morning (Kaytronic Remix)
11) Jose Burgos & The Playas ft Farah - I Need A Beat
12) Art Of Tones - The World As I Live It
13) Jose Burgos & The Playas - Saturday Groove
14) DJ Gregory - Block Party
15) H.C.C.R. - Tania
16) Smokin Beats - Dreams
17) Soulstar Syndicate ft Dawn - Take Me (Sean McCabe Street Dub)
Well I'm pleased to say after a fairly barren January, February turned out to be a bit of a bumper month. So much so that I ended up cramming 21 tracks into the mix, and could have possibly done two mixes. The first seven tracks come in the first 15 minutes, blink and you'll miss them! The set starts off pretty deep, but funky as always. It's the kind of stuff you hear when you first walk into a club, it's empty and the sound bounces around. You can't help nodding your head, tapping your feet and maybe even the odd clap! We ease out of the warm up with the crazily named "Let Me See In The Bathroom" the title sounds like it would be the Voyeurs anthem, and the lyrics are even more bizarre! We move into the smooth deep and occasionally vocal section with "Superman" a very laid back track from Black Coffee. We turn the clock back courtesy of Nick Vidal who lent me a digital copy of "Let The Rain Come Down", thanks again for that (don't say I never do anything for you Mr Burns!) It seems no mix is complete these days without a slice of Jose Carretas, so this mix has "Take Me Away". It amazes me how the guy keeps producing so many quality tracks with such rich production month after month. Jellybeans label is doing big things right now as the next track "Secrets and Lies" proves. Peven Everett is another of my favourite artists, he has a very distinct sound, even more so with a great remix from Zepherin Saint. The mood changes again for a bit of funk with "The Money", and yet again with Lovebirds superb "Mandrill". The mix then goes up a notch for some tough beef jerky grooves. "Come Home With Me" and "Feed The Freezer" give you an excuse to get a sweat on. We then go on a bit of a Danny J Lewis frenzy, I'm liking his sound right now, so we have three of his tracks back 2 back 2 back. We end with something from the top shelf. Black Science Orchestras "New Jersey Deep", wish the mix could have gone on another 3 minutes to allow the track to play out, but then it wouldn't fit on a CD and that just wouldn't do! Thanks to everyone for their feedback this month, very motivating and very appreciated.
1) Tommy Bones - After The Club
2) Kez YM - Inner City Funk
3) Ethyl & Flori - Tanqueray
4) Eman & Boddhi Satva - Brown Sugar (Ro's Synth Stab Mix)
5) Mood Men - Whirlpool
6) Alexander East - Free 2 Run (Jehu Remix)
7) Karibu Maga - Let Me See In The Bathroom
8) Black Coffee ft Bucie - Superman (Club Mix)
9) Jazmina - Let The Rain Come Down (Johnny Dangerous Extended Mix)
10) Tone Control ft Adeola Ranson - Take Me Away (Jose Carretas Dub)
11) John Oudo ft Junior & Adeola Ranson - Work Me Over (Afro Jam Vocal Mix)
12) Jellybean ft Carla Prather - Secrets & Lies (Jellybean Benitez Mix)
13) Peven Everett - Show You Why (Zepherin Saint Remix)
14) 62 Mile High Club - The Money
15) Lovebirds - Mandrill
16) James Junior - Come Home With Me (Conan Liquid Dub Mix)
17) Mic Fanciulli - Feed The Freezer
18) Danny J Lewis - Redlight (At The Sound Factory)
19) Enzyme Black - Deadline (2012) (Kaje Trrackheadz Remix)
20) Danny J Lewis - Stratoshpere
21) Black Science Orchestra - New Jersey Deep (2008)
Hmmm, not sure what's gone on over new year, but there aren't many good releases to choose from this month! Desperately hoping everyone is still hung over and the quality will start to flow soon. As a result this months mix has 6 tracks that I've tried to get into a mix from as far back as 2007! That doesn't mean this is the rejects mix!! And to prove the point we have the opener "Morris" from Bah Samba, a real peach of a track from 07, that for some reason I've never been able to fit in with the tracks of more recent mixes. The next couple of tunes "It's Gonna Be Alright" and "Feel It" have quite an upbeat feel considering they are just getting us warmed up. Next up is another track from Circle Of Funk, it was "London Groove" that first got my attention, and after digging I found "M4 Movements". If only the journey from London to Berkshire were as great as this, I might not have had road rage in the UK!! The soulful vocal stuff begins with "City High". It's safe to say that Mr Carretas certainly hasn't taken his foot off the gas from 09. His alternate mix of "And I Know It" is one of my favourite tracks on the mix, yet more class, love it. "BSC" is another track from last year that I just couldn't find a home for in the November or December mix, but it's here now in all it's glory, just close your eyes and think of your favourite beach at sunset. A recent boat cruise round the Sydney Harbour reminded me I hadn't dropped "Down Time" in mix last year either. That tune got the top deck bouncing, cheers Nick. Next up is a short little track "Magic", but what it lacks in length in makes up for in depth. We then have our first classic "Reach For Me", quality Miami Murk filth from 92. Jovonn drops a bomb with "Don't Get Too Close", deep bouncing grinding house. "Push" is a beefed up loop of a track from yesteryear which I'm sure I've got, but I can't think what it is, answers on a postcard! "Stop That" is crazy mashed up house, but you need a bit of that every now and again. I fell in love with the next track "Help Myself" on Kevin Saunderson's Mixmag Vol5 mix, which funnily enough also included "Reach For Me" (only just realised that while righting this!) Finally got hold of a copy in 08, and two years later managed to find a home for it. We have yet another track from the 90's, this time 97. "U Can't Hide From Your Bud" has just been revamped by Sneak, but it's the original that got me bouncing back then and today. The mix ends with a remake of another classic, "Nervous Track". The original needs no introduction. Fingers crossed for next months mix, at this rate they may all be tunes from back in the day!
1) Bah Samba - Morris (Phil Asher's Restless Soul Mix)
2) Deep Zone ft Cybil Jefferie - It's Gonna Be Alright (Sean McCabe Dub Mix)
3) Jaffa Surfa - Feel It
4) Circle Of Funk - M4 Movements
5) DJ Man-X and Vick Lavender ft Carla Prather - City High (DJ Man X Sunset Nights Vocal)
6) Restless Soul ft Zansika - And I Know It (Jose Carretas Alternate Mix)
7) Louie Vega & Agev Munsen ft Anane - BSC (Roots Mix)
8) Sofia Rubina - Make Me Beautiful (Groove Assassin Mix)
9) Marc Evans - Down Time (DJ Spen Mix)
10) Scope - Magic (Dub)
11) Funky Green Dogs From Outer Space - Reach For Me (Paul Woolfords 11Min of Magic Mix)
12) Funky Green Dogs From Outer Space - Reach For Me (Original)
13) Jovonn ft Hosanna Littlebird - Don't Get Too Close
14) DJ PP - Push
15) Klement Bonelli & Brahms - Stop That (Dub)
16) Chez Damier - Help Myself (Reconstructed by Carl Craig)
17) DJ Sneak - U Can't Hide From Your Bud
18) Soul Purpose - Nervous Track (M's Re-play)
Well here we are again at the end of another year, and house music is thankfully still going strong thanks to the thousands of DJs, producers, dancers and promoters out there. This mix starts off with house from today but ends tipping it's hat to house from yesteryear. The opening track "Work For Money" builds slowly and would be a great back drop to waking up on the balcony of your Bora Bora beach hut to watch the sun rise. We then waste no time in getting deep n dirty with Jimpsters mix of "Generate Power", again bringing house from 1991 into 2010. We head north of the border to Glasgow courtesy of Hiro with "What Are You Trying To Say", I'll be honest, I don't know, but I like it anyway! "Deeptrix" gives us our first excuse to crack out an accapella - "Budda the funky Budda roll it up!" Shur-I-Khan ends the year in top form with a great remix of "Astor". We then switch up for some vocals with "Queen", which has been given the Ricanstruction treatment. Jose Carretas has been one of the stand out producers in 09 for me, and he doesn't disappoint with his mix of "Deep Batida". Time to switch again for a slice of London in the mid 90's, a sound that has been making a comeback throughout the latter half of the year, which puts a huge smile on my face. "90's Dub One" is my favourite track on the mix as it brings together all things that were great about the scene. We stay on that vibe with "Worry". Dennis Ferrer's "Hey Hey" was one of the tunes of the last November Southport Weekender which is sadly to be no more. RIP Nov SP, many a quality weekend spent there freezing my tackle off to hear the finest DJs in the world under one roof. "Garden Of Love" was already a fantastic track, but Kaje has taken it to another level, great work. We then wind the clock back, way back, starting with "Belgium" which was a peach of a track back in 1992. "Pride" could be heard in every house club in the land in late 91. Who knows what gems we missed out on with the passing of the genius that was David Cole. Roach Motels "Movin On" is one of the tracks that got me back into house in the early 90's having strayed into the land of Jungle Techno! We finish up with another track from the infamous Sasha @ Universe mix from June 92. This time it's the Junior Style Dub of "Shine On" by Degrees Of Motion. Thankfully sounds nothing like the original, but does have a break down in the middle that brings a tear to your eye. Thanks to everyone for their support over the year, as always feedback is very much appreciated, it's the best way to help me improve (and influence what you hear in future mixes). Have a great NY everyone and I look forward to sharing more quality house with you in 2010.
1) Juan Atkins & Kimyon ft Tricia - Work For Money (Lars Behrenroth Deeper Shades Of House Dub)
2) Photon Inc - Generate Power (Jimpster Main Mix)
3) Hiro - What Are You Trying To Say
4) Justin Stride - Deeptrix
5) Robert Babicz - Astor (Shur-I-Khan remix)
6) N'Dinga Gaba ft Scotty P - Queen (Ricanstruction Mix)
7) Anto Vitale - Deep Batida (Jose Carretas Mix)
8) Danny J Lewis - 90's Dub One
9) YSE - Worry
10) Wbeeza - Candle Groove
11) Kerri Chandler - What Is 6:23
12) Nu Rhythmix - Shakedown
13) Dennis Ferrer - Hey Hey (DF's Attention Vocal)
14) Joey Negro & The Sunburst Band - Garden Of Love (Kaje Trackheadz Mix)
15) Megatonk - Belgium (Nintendo Tone Mix)
16) Clivilles & Cole - Pride (A Deeper Love)
17) Roach Motel - Movin On
18) Degrees Of Motion - Shine On (Junior Style Dub)
This mix is very late and with good reason. I've been busy celebrating the arrival of another baby boy. Little Dion, so this mix is for him. I'm sure by the time he gets into music he'll think this is the crustiest thing he's ever heard, but that's kids for ya!! Anyway back to the mix which has a fair bit of variety in it. Starting with one of my favourite classics ever, "Still In Love With You" by Meli'sa Morgan. It was good enough to open Sasha's legendary set at Universe in 92, so it's definitely good enough for me! The five note loop at the end of the track always gives me shivers, and floats effortlessly over Mr V's very laidback mix of "War With The Devil". The next track "Little W 12th St" is even more laid back, but just before you decide to lie down we have a gem. Thanks to Steve Lawrence who mentioned "Cause I'm A Woman" sounded like "Numero Uno". I've been trying to drop it into a mix ever since, and have finally managed to do it. Next up is Mr Vega doing what he does best, deep layered soulful house. "Bittersweet Love Affair" has been playing in my house all week, and strangely it's the vocal melody that I can't get out of my head. The next track has had every man and his dog remix it, but I'm afraid it's still the good old 83 West version that does it for me, still it's a great excuse to be able to drop "It's The Spirit" into a mix, how the hell does Mr D Bonneau hit those high notes?! Time to dive deeper with "Get Ready" and Lovebirds "N2Deep" before mixing in a wedge of smooth with "Thinkin I'm Beautiful". "Leave It To Me" is a great little number to shake your thang to. More vocals with Peven Everett's excellent "Special". Disco madness takes over in the form of "Far Away From You". Pick of the quality four tracker on Salted by Phonic Funk is "Feel The Soul" especially with a preacher going crazy over the top! The next track is one of my top 5 UK Garage tracks of all time. Yep that's a big call, but this tune is HUGE. "Got 2 Work" is from 97, but the filth in the bassline can still rock the floor. It was produced by J Sylvester who remixed the next track "Groove School", again with a UK Garage feel. Takes me back to the good old days in the mid 90's with the old, Deep Trouble, Nice N Ripe, In The Air and other affiliated labels. We finish off on a totally different vybe with Marlon Ds haunting "Heavens Saxaphone" followed by Al Kents "Reverb Is My Friend". I'm off to find a pair of headphones small enough for Dion. Got to start them young!!! Huge thank you to my gorgeous wife for giving me two beautiful sons, you did good!
1) Meli'sa Morgan - Still In Love With You (Meli'sa's In the House Mix)
2) Johnny Dangerous - War With The Devil (Mr V Instrumental Mix)
3) Ralf Gum & Monique Bingham - Little W 12th St (Benny Pecoraio Awareness Dub)
4) Cleptomaniacs - Numero Uno
5) Jay "Sinister" Sealee & Louie Vega starring Julie McKnight - Bittersweet Love Affair (Dance Ritual Mix)
6) DJ Romain & Darryl D Bonneau - It's The Spirit (83 West Remastered Mix)
7) DJ Le Roi ft Chappell - Get Ready (Halo City Deep Dubstrumental)
8) Lovebirds - N2Deep
9) Stephanie Cooke - Thinkin I'm Beautiful (Sean McCabe Main Dub Mix)
10) DJ J'Shon T ft Marcia Byonton - Leave It To Me (Home Grown Mix)
11) Peven Everett - Special
12) Marc Poppcke - Far Away From You (Destination Disco)
13) Phonic Funk - Feel The Soul
14) J Sylvester - Got 2 Work
15) Deep City Soul - Groove School (J Sylvester Love House Vocal Mix)
16) Marlon D - Heavens Saxaphone
17) Al Kent - Reverb Is Your Friend
We ease into this months mix almost horizontal it's so laid back. But then it is "Feathers Floating" by the legendary Larry Heard. We stay seated for some deep dub sounds from Nick Holder. Time to get on your feet for a bit of "London Groove", my kinda house sound. Reelsoul provide a lush laidback mix of "Direction". Next up is a tune I've wanted since 06, but never knew what it was. "Our Music" by Trackheadz is so simple but that loop is the muts! "This Old House" is a good old fashioned spoken recollection of the sound we all love. The next three tracks are very rich productions that blend well together. "Lovin U" is Vega doing what he does best, while "Out Of This World" is proof Jose Carretas is a force to be reckoned with this year. "Better Life" is a monster of a track both in track length and quality. Great to hear the rich voice of Marc Evans again with "She Is". We turn things up a couple of notches with "Nudge Up" by the appropriately named Head Nodding Society. Then a little deeper still with "Cabaret", before we break out the piano and how. "Gone Away" is a good old fashioned ivory tickler, the last two minutes are bonkers and reminiscent of the good old Italian house days. We then have a cheeky little flirt with the lovely booty shakin latin girl next door "Irmao" before heading back for another tinkle on the piano with "Pussycat". The last track "The Chordz" is a tune I've been meaning to drop for months, but in the end forgot! Big thanks to DJ Henry Hall for reminding me it needed to be heard. Thanks to everyone for your feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to show your appreciation, it makes it all worth while. I'm off to listen to track 5 on repeat for the next three weeks cos it's that good!
1) Larry Heard - Feathers Floating
2) Nick Holder - My Sound
3) Circle Of Funk - London Groove
4) Dasoul & Fabry Diglio ft Nadine Navarre - Direction (Reelsoul SOUL Channel Mix)
5) Trackheadz - Our Music
6) Clemens Rumpf & David A Tobin - This Old House (Story Teller Mix)
7) Marie Joly - Lovin' U (Dance Ritual Mix)
8) Anto Vitale ft Tamara Wello - Out of This World (Jose Carretas Vocal Mix)
9) Georg Levin - The Better Life (Restless Soul Vocal Mix)
10) Marc Evans - She Is (Muthafunkas Long Version)
11) Head Nodding Society - Nudge Up
12) IO - Cabaret
13) Alex Finkin & Reverand P ft Jocelyn Mathieu - Gone Away (AH Disco Instrumental)
14) Nova Fronteira - Irmao (Club Mix)
15) The Avenue ft Lady White - Pussycat (Danny Marquez Old School Mix)
16) The Black Daniels - The Chordz
This is the Sunday morning mix to September Vol1's Saturday Night deepness. From the opening piano chords you know this mix is one for relaxing on your comfy sofa with a big rich cup of hot chocolate. Things start of with Mr Vega again showing his unrivaled quality in the studio. "Take You Away" is such a warm rich slice of sound and a great way to set the tempo for the mix. It's Jon Cutlers turn next to show us "how smooth can you go" with "Spiritual". The Yass mix of "Callin You Lord" has hints of the old London garage sound, seems to be on the comeback at the moment. Next is my favourite track on the mix "Awakening". The section after the second drop is what house is all about, sheer class, can't get enough of it. "Plough Hand" has a much more urban modern feel, but still on a laidback tip. Kerri Chandler makes an appearance with "You Can't Lie". Jose Carretas returns with that great West London sound on "Delicious". Danny Krivit puts in a great mix of "Spread Love". More discolicious sounds from MCDE with "Raw Cuts #5". The tempo increases a little with "Planet Sax" from Aaron Ross. We then go deep for a couple of tracks with Deetrons mix of Osunlade's "My Reflection" and Atjazz's "I Forgot You". We finish off with two tracks from the vaults. Firstly the unmistakable air mack kicks from the "The Bomb". The best part of that track for me by MILES! Finishing off with Miss Tucker and "Stay Together". This mix is so smooth it's almost as relaxing as a massage on the beach with a nice Caipirinha!
1) DJN Project - Take you Away (Louie Vega Remixes) (Main Mix)
2) Reel People ft Nathan Haines - Spiritual (Distant Music Vocal)
3) Johnny Dangerous ft Kenny Bobien - Callin You Lord (Yass Dub)
4) Francois K - Awakening (Needs Remix)
5) Soul Minority - Plough Hand
6) Kerri Chandler with Harley & Muscle - You Can't Lie
7) The Jinks & Michelle Weeks - Shame (Groove Assasins Vocal Mix)
8) Jose Carretas ft Marcus Beg - Delicious
9) The Freddy Turner Project ft The Three Kings - Spread Love (Danny Krivit Concise Edit)
10) Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts 5
11) Aaron Ross - Planet Sax
12) Osunlade ft Devine Essence - My Reflection (Deetron Mix)
13) Atjazz ft Clyde - I Forgot You (Casamena Basement Remix)
14) The Bucketheads - The Bomb (Just the best bit!)
15) Barbara Tucker - Stay Together.
Yes that's right Vol1, so there are two mixes this month. This mix is the deep chunky big brother with a whopping great 20 tracks packed in. The mix is deeeeep so has lots of long layered mixes. Has a very London/NY feel to it. London providing the bouncy urban grooves while NY brings the smoother stuff along with a bit of basement filth. Opens with one of three tracks from Phil Asher's excellent "One" E.P. I can never resist a remake of "Deep Inside", just as well as MR V does it some serious justice. Not long before we transition into "Sneaky Dee". "Homage" pays respect to that golden era of London Garage and so it was only fitting to marry up with a classic from back in the day "Together". I nearly went all in with Logic's "Blues For You" but we'll save that for another day. More London madness with "The Weight". Been looking for an excuse to play "Believe En Me" for a while. Back to London again for "Blueberry Planets", the insane "Yemp Booty" and ass kickin "Duck Fat". I can't get the loop from "Save Us" out of my head. Highly contagious! We then head over to NY for some deep deep house. BOM and Underground marry so well and take me back to many a hot sweaty night at "The Bomb" in Nottingham in 98. Quick visit to the terraces of Ibiza courtesy of Hardsouls mix of "Let Ur Spirit Go" and Florian Kruse's "Vale". We get South African DEEP with "Out" and down right filthy with "Bag Bad Drum". Time to ease back down to earth with "the Alchemist" before ending with another pearler from the MCDE and "Raw Cuts 6". Those guys have been superb in 09 with a real refreshing and original sound. Now it's time to go and get Vol2 ready!
1) Phil Asher - They Heard ft The Mighty Zaf (Dub Mix)
2) Hardrive - Deep Inside (Mr V Sole Channel Remix)
3) Plasmik - Sneaky Dee
4) Eman & Doc Link - Flipscapes (Mr V's Star Track Mix)
5) Soul Purpose - Homage
6) 24 Hr Experience - Together
7) Phil Asher - The Weight
8) Alexander East - Believe En Me (Johnny Dangerous Reprint)
9) Phil Asher - Blueberry Planets
10) Landslide - Yemp Booty (Aaron Jerome Remix) (Loleatta Holloway - Stand Up Acc)
11) Soul Purpose - Duck Fat
12) Enzyme Black - Save Us
13) Reelsoul & Alix Alvarez - BOM (Alix Alvarez Dub)
14) James Christian pres The DEEP - Underground
15) Born To Funk - Let Ur Spirit Go (Hardsoul Reconstruction)
16) Florian Kruse - Vale (Lil Louis - I Called You Acc)
17) Shana - Out (Vocal Mix)
18) Samuel L Session - Big Bad Drum (Lil Mo Yin Yang - Reach Acc)
19) The Poor Righteous DJs - The Alchemist (Doomdays Mix) (Lil Louis & The World - Lonely People Acc)
20) Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts 6
This months mix is a reminder that the old heads still rule the roost. Kenny Dope, DJ Spen and Grant Nelson all have at least two tracks in the this mix and it could have been more. In addition to that we have the ever consistent Mr Earnshaw, Knee Deep and Rasmus Faber.
Mix opens with the timeless voice of Peven Everett with "Feelin Who You Are" a track that's been in the box for a while, but never found it's way into a mix...until now! Another producer in demand at the moment is Atjazz and "City Madness" shows why. Big track from Yass with "All I'm Asking For". Next up is the first of our Kenny Dope tunes, which is a mash up of Joey Negro's Dub of Blaze's "Wishing You Were Here", confused?! Either way it sounds GREAT! Knee Deep have created a track that is likely to be played every summer for the next 5 years. "All About Love" will be a HUGE hit with the ladies, sure to be a classic. Earnshaw gives us a super smooth remix of "Keep Risin". "Save Your Life" is an old Swing City track from 2002 and is Mr Nelsons' first track in the mix. Kenny Dopes' second offering shows how far ahead of the pack the guy has always been and clearly still is. "Oh Lord" has such a fresh original sound that it will have you jiggin and clapping like a frenzied chimp. Quick spot of Disco filth courtesy of "Cause I'm A Woman" accompanied by a cheeky Candi Staton accapella. "Fair Trade" has a great urban vibe. Spen posts back to back tracks with his chunky version of "Oh Lord" followed by the excellent rework of Neal Conway's "Release The Anger". Grant Nelson has mixed what sounds like another vocal classic with "Can't Make It Through Another Day" - textbook vocal house. We end with a bit of summer madness, "Switch", Mr Nelson again! "Demanda" and "Live In Summer". The old guard have spoken, what have the youngsters got in response?!
1) Peven Everett - Feelin Who You Are (Shelter Vocal)
2) Atjazz, Domu & Yannah Valdevit -City Madness (A&D's 4 The Summer Mix)
3) Yass pres Jay & Tahira - All I'm Asking For
4) Blaze - Wishing You Were Here (Kenny Dope Edit of Joey Negro Dub)
5) Knee Deep ft Cathy Battistessa - All About Love (Knee Deep Vocal Mix)
6) Groove Invaderz - Keep Risin (Earnshaw Classic Instrumental)
7) Indigo - Save Your Life (Grant Nelson Remix)
8) Stephanie Cooke - Sunshine (Soul Dhamma Mix)
9) Mishal Moore (Kenny Dope Mix)
10) Muted Soul ft Jess King - Cause I'm A Woman
11) K Motion - Fair Trade (Sunset Blvd Mix)
12) Mishal Moore (Muthafunkaz Mix)
13) Neal Conway - Release The Anger (DJ Spen Summer Madness)
14) Timmy Vegas & The Universe Ban - Can't Make It Through Another Day (GN Remix)
15) Grant Nelson - Switch
16) Rasmus Faber ft Clara Mendes - Demanda
17) Bah Samba ft Tasita D'Mour - Livin In The Summer (Andy Ward Sunshine Mix)
This months mix opens with two tracks from 1997. Both of them opened a mellow UK garage mix I did for a friend in Portugal in the summer of 97. The first was released on Back II Basics label, which had been my favourite club for the previous 12 months while I'd been living in Leeds. The second track is the result of two legends coming together, Grant Nelson and Brian Tappert with "Let's Do It". We come right back up to date but stay in the North with a great deep soulful mix by Sheffield's very own Groove Assassin, I can't get the track out of my head, nice work. We stay on the deep side with "Definition Of Soul" and "Supernova" before heading to the lighter side with "Make This Work". "Times Are Changin" is another great vocal track from 97, you can tell I've been digging through my vinyl!! We then head a little deeper with "Tonight" and "Hold Home" (a little something to get your teeth into!). The feel good piano kicks in with "Feels So Good", but is quickly replaced with some booty shakin latin vybes courtesy of DJ Gregory with "Damelo". "What To Do" by Knee Deep uses the haunting sample from "Helpless" to great effect, a quality old skool vocal hook. We round things off with SuSu Bobien on "99 & Half" followed by the smooth "Desabafo" mixed by Guy Robin. No individual stand out tracks this month, just a solid collection of great house.
1) Cromatone pres X-Men Groove - X-Men Groove
2) Grant Nelson & Brian Tappert - Let's Do It (Retroactive Mix)
3) Kings Of Groove ft Andrea Love - Soul Tie (Groove Assassin Mix)
4) Definition Of Soul - Definition Of Soul
5) Martino - Supernova
6) The Jinks ft Pete Simpson - Make This Work
7) Smokin Beats ft Conroy - Times Are Changin
8) Fred Everything & Olivier Desmet - Tonight
9) Santos - Hold Home
10) Roy Mclaren - Feels So Good
11) DJ Gregory - Damelo
12) Walterino ft Michael Clifford - Go Bang (Alfred Azzetto Classic Mix)
13) Knee Deep - What To Do
14) Souldynamic ft SuSu Bobien - 99 & Half (Souldynamic Club Mix)
15) Tarek - Desabafo (Guy Robin Mix)
This months mix doesn't flow the way most C2E mixes do. This has more of an "M" shape to it. Thanks largely to a big chunk of disco funk right in the middle. We kick off with a huge deep mix from Aaron Jerome, who did three different flavas, 2/4, 4/4 and 8/4. I've gone for the 4/4 cos I'm an old fart!! We stay deep with a "Night In Soho" followed by another great release from Frank Roger "Tell Me". Does this guy ever release a dud?! We get more upbeat but still very smooth with "Fade Away" and "U Got The Love", with a very cheeky acapella! Mr Earnshaw posts back to back mixes with his re-touch of "Breaking New Ground". Things then slow a little with "Take A Look Inside". Jose Carretas is definitely on my radar, the guy is smoking in 09, another quality mix with "Desire". Milton Jackson is another name you can trust, "1998" is a great track and slows the mix down further. The good old Lovebirds then pop up again with another deep slice of funk. We then have full on discofried house in the form of "Sunshine People". My favourite track of the mix is Knee Deep's cheeky "Gypsy Bucket" bringing together everything that is great about house. "Funky Casanova" is another quirky unconventional track. We then have the most famous percussion track of the last 20 years helping transition into "Craze At Midnight". We end with a couple of deep numbers from Quentin Harris and Joey Negro. A great way to end any mix!
1) Roy Davis Jr ft Terry Dexter - Horizon (Aaron Jerome 4/4 Mix)
2) Blue Soul - Night In Soho (Nic Holden Mix)
3) Frank Roger - Tell Me (Main Vox)
4) Anthony Nicholson ft Cash Dollar (Instrumental Pass)
5) New Mondo and Morrison -U Got The Love (Earnshaw's Instrumental)
6) Lefthander ft Pouyah -Breaking New Ground (Earnshaw's Undertone Re-Touch)
7) Nathan G ft Ravelino & Mimi - Take A Look Inside (Deeper Dub)
8) Bopstar ft Zara McFarlane - Desire (Jose Carretas Mix)
9) Milton Jackson - 1998
10) Lovebirds - Run
11) Jay-J and Torin Rea - Sunshine People (Original)
12) Knee Deep - Gypsy Bucket
13) Ron Hall & Thommy Davis - Funky Casanova
14) MAW - Sensational Beats
15) DJ Spen - Craze At Midnight (Spen's Live CDJ1000 Mix)
16) Aaron Carl - I Refuse (Quentin Harris Mix)
17) Joey Negro - Ride The rhythm (Akabu Mix)
Another mix makes it on deadline day. Once again had no idea how this was going to turn out until it was actually being mixed. It's a bit like baking a cake, you have all the basic ingredients, but depending on the order and method you mix it all together, and how hot you have the oven you can end up with a totally different type of cake. This months cake is nice and light on the top, sitting on a bottom heavy base full of spice, topped off with the richest smoothest cream you've ever heard, sweeeeet! We have a couple of mixes from Atjazz, the latter of which, "Mercyless" was a big hit at this Mays Southport weekender and you can see why. This months mix has a huge London and UK influence. Jose Carretas brings a beautiful west London vibe with "A Little Piece Of Me". Andy Ward did an outstanding job with his mix of "I Believe", great summer feel. We then go deeper with "Building Of Deep" and "Got 2 Believe". J Sylvester serves up a slice of Socafrica with "Hot For U". Another big Southport tune was Dennis Ferrer's "Sinfonia Della Fonta" and that's as dirty as we go before we gently head back up to the surface with the help of DJ Spen with "We're Gonna Make It". "Rain Down" has a great warm rolling bassline while "Things Are Changing" is a real lounge track. We finish off with Osunlade, the big dollop of rich thick smooth I promised. The perfect finishing touch for our cake. Very appropriate as it was my birthday a few days ago!
1) Deep 6 Syndicate - On And On (Hustlin Mix)
2) Andre Zimma - M.U.S.I.C (Atjazz Remix)
3) Fred Everything feat. Wayne Tennant - Mercyless Remixes (Atjazz Vocal Mix)
4) Jose Carretas feat. Dani - Taking A Little Piece Of Me (Vocal Mix)
5) Divas of Color feat. Evelyn Champagne King - One More Time (Sean McCabe Main Vocal Mix)
6) Monkeyfunk feat. Sofia Rubina - I Believe (Andy Ward Vocal Dub Mix)
7) DeepY'All aka DJ Rico - Building Of Deep (Afrodeep mix)
8) A.B.O.H. Ft. Da House Head - Got 2 Believe (Running Inst)
9) Jeremy Sylvester pres Socafrica - HOT 4 U (Miami Hot Vocal Mix)
10) Joey Negro - Ride The Rhythm (Joey Negro House Dub)
11) Chocolate Puma feat Shermanology - Only Love Can Save Me (Main Mix)
12) Dennis Ferrer - Sinfonia Della Notte
13) Michelle Weeks & Dawn Tallman feat. Laquana Jones - We're Gonna Make It (MuthaFunkaz Bridge Mix)
14) Spiritchaser ft. Robina - Rain Down (Original Instrumental)
15) Noel Nanton - Things are changing (Aux mix)
16) Osunlade - The Dating Game
This months mix flows like a night out with your mates. The night starts off with drinks round your mates house. Not sure where you'll end up, but you know it's gonna be a good one! The next two tracks are deep and chilled like the ride downtown, taking in the tranquil city skyline. First stop is that chic bar where the DJ spins sultry soulful vocal house. The minute you walk in your hips start moving and you find yourself miming the few words you can make out from the song playing while waiting to be served at the bar "I wanna be a butterfly"! You stay for a few more till you get the urge to go for a little boogie. A bit of funky disco is on the menu tonight. You arrive to find the DJ spinning classics like "Spread Love", "Thousand Souls" and "Just As Long". You all get your funk ON, but it's only midnight so no need to go too crazy! It's time to get down to the club to make sure you all get in. You arrive to find a Phat Chicago stonker "Crazy" pumpin out, everyone heads for the floor! Someone has the bright idea of heading downstairs for the rough stuff! Things are going off down here, sounds of 80's Acid with a break from the old Hackney hardcore days, CHAOS! Time to head back upstairs for more straight up DEEP house. Everyones treated to stuff you can really get your teeth into with "Look Inside", "Don't Look Behind" and "Change". By the end of the night we're all well and truly danced out, time for a cheeky one back at yours. The city looks so peaceful from the back of the cab, captured perfectly by the deep and edgy "Dedication". The night ends chatting till sunrise, reminiscing and listening to an absolute gem, "Can U Feel It". Oh we certainly can!
1) MAW - Our Mute Horn
2) Demarkus Lewis - Don't Stop Believin
3) Vincenzo - The Hangover (Office Gossip Remix)
4) Kaje ft Sacha Williamson - Butterflies (Guy Robin Main Vocal)
5) Nathan Adams & Zepherin - Circles (Vocal Mix)
6) Lady Alma - Running For Nothing (Universal Sun Mix)
7) Peven Everett - Got 2 Get Down
8) Doug Willis - Spread Love (Joey Negro Club Mix)
9) Giano and Ezo - Thousand Souls (Original Mix)
10) Duce Martinez - Just As Long (The Duce Is Wild Original Mix)
11) Lil Louis - Crazy (Amber)
12) Wil Milton - Direct Me (NYC Gravity Vox)
13) King Cosmic - Acid (Kink Remix)
14) Rulers Of The Deep - Look Inside (Warren Clark Audio Sumo Vocal Mix)
15) Frank Roger - Don't Look Behind
16) Danism & Michael Watford -Change
17) The Timewriter - Dedication
18) Mr Fingers - Can You Feel It
Well Lovebirds were unable to make it 4 in a row, which was a tough ask. But have no fear as we have plenty of other deep tracks on here to make up for it. This months mix is a very deep and smooth affair. We even open up with a silky deep vocal track - Hippie Torales "Always (Love Me For Me). You can tell the WMC is on due to the sheer number of releases this month. Everyman and his dog had a WMC bumper release pack out, including Phlash and Friends, so we have the excellent "Jungle Orchidz" on next. Shur-I-Khan delivers an ever consistent deep slice of smooth with his perspective of "The Time Is Now". Ralph Gum and GoGo are unstoppable at the moment as the excellent "Higher High" demostrates. Nathan G gets the award for most original track names with "Jim Never Drinks Coffee at Home" and "Nucking Futs" both of which are nice deep funk based tracks. My favourite track of the mix is Milton Jacksons "Orbit 3", I can't stop playing it. Couldn't resist adding "Deep Inside" and "The Light" acapellas to give me something to sing at the same time! We get all messed up with Jovonns crazy "Elements" before coming back down to finish with the master Kerri Chandler.
1) Hippie Torrales - Always (Love me For Me)
2) Phlash & Friends - Jungle Orchidz (Instrumental)
3) Izmo - House Motion
4) Nathan G - Jim Never Drinks Coffee At Home
5) Sygaire - The Time Is Now (Shur-I-Khan Perspective)
6) Ralf Gum ft Daniel Thomas - Higher High (Ralf Gum Deeper Deep Vocal)
7) Dan Electro - Got Soul (I've Got That Feeling) (Frank Roger Remix)
8) Nathan G - Nucking Futs
9) Jamie Lewis ft Michale Watford - For You (Sandy Rivera Remix)
10) Zed Bias ft Jenna G - Change Your Mind
11) Blacksoul - Can U Feel It
12) Milton Jackson - Orbit 3 (Deep Inside & The Light Acapella)
13) Conan Liquid - The King
14) Jovonn - Elements
15) One51 - Together As One (Flute Dub)
16) Kerri Chandler - Track 1 Revisited (Reel To Reel Mix)
This months mix starts off with three nice n smooth tracks. Lovebirds are on the third successive mix, and again both tracks from the E.P. make it on. They seem to have an endless supply of quality tracks at the moment. Chuck Love turns out a trademark mix of "Sky High". Vocal tracks are like buses, wait 25 minutes for one and three come along at once. First up, the unmistakable Roland Clark remixed by the ever consistent Alix Alvarez. Next if Ralf Gum who had a blinder in 08 and seems to have started 09 the same way. "If No Harm" is a deep soulful gem with great production. The third and final vocal track is an oldie (well relatively) "Love Commandments" sounds as good today as it did thirteen years ago! We then have a slice of disco funk, courtesy of Motor City Drum Ensemble. Q. What do you get if you cross Lil Louis with Little Louie. A. Lou2 - Freaky, a masterpiece from 1995. We then get all funky with Jay J's "The One", before getting serious with "Spirit" and "The Bone". We ease out of the mix with the second Lovebirds track "Louder" from the E.P. of the same name. Let's see if those Lovebirds can make it 4 in a row next month!
1) Groove Victim - South Bay
2) Christos - Deliverance
3) Karol XVII & MB Valence - Equilibrium
4) Lovebirds - The Night
5) Oriental Funk Stew - Sky High (Chuck Love Network Rework)
6) Roland Clark - Goodbye Love (SC Vox)
7) Ralf Gum ft Rachel Claudio - If No Harm (Ralf gum meets RyB)
8) Gisele Jackson - Love Commandments (Joey Negro Remix)
9) Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cuts 1
10) Phlash & Friends - Grande
11) Lou2 - Freaky (Bar Heads Mix)
12) Jay J ft Latrice - The One (Jay J's Dark Dub)
13) Gabriel Rene ft J.Soul - Spirit (JJK Dub)
14) The Bone - The Bone (Moodswingers Bootleg Club)
15) Lovebirds - Louder
This months mix is packed to the rafters. A whopping 18 tracks in 75 minutes! Mix opens with another track from Lovebirds. This is the second track from The Rat E.P. which brought you "The Sound" in the Dec 08 mix. Next up is a great track from late last year, "Boriken Soul" is a great afro upbeat track. Staying on the afro tip comes a very infectious tune, "Captured" which sounds like nothing else out there. Next up is a track that's been doing the rounds for while, but has finally been released on BBE. "Brand New Feeling" brings legends Roy Ayers and Sting Intl together and the result is quality. We then go deep with "Club Z" and "Anxiety" before another chance to sing along with "Sunday Light". Must admit I had never heard of Motor City Drum Ensemble before, but will definitely keep an eye out for them now. "Raw Cuts 3" is just top drawer, my favorite track on the mix. Couldn't resist dropping my favorite Mousse T track - "Bad Boy" takes me back to 98 when this was first released. We then have three big classics from back in the day. Joe Smooth - "Promised Land" is one of the most famous tracks in house. Strobelight Honeys is a tune I've been after for over 15 years! And then there's the infamous Ralphi Rosario track -"You Used To Hold Me". We're brought back to modern times with another gem from Peven Everett with "Church". Always wanted to use the famous MLK "I Have A Dream" speech over a tune. Perfect opportunity arose when I heard Gentle, again by those busy Lovebirds. We end with a very laid back mix of the excellent "Boriken Soul". Should be something for everyone in this mix.
1) Lovebirds - The Rat
2) Yonurican - Boriken Soul (Yonurican Club Mix)
3) Bopstar ft Zara McFarlane (Restless Soul Main Mix)
4) Roy Ayers - Brand New Feeling (Sting International Controversy Vocal Mix)
5) Manoo - Club Z
6) Karol XVII & MB Valence - Anxiety
7) Jonathan Meyer ft June Grey - Sunday Light
8) Frank Roger - La Baraka
9) Motor City Drum Ensemble - Raw Cut 3
10) Mousse T - Bad Boy
11) Radio Slave - Ego Trippin
12) Flora Cruz - Let The Sunshine Out (Jerome Sydenhams Vocal Dub)
13) Joe Smooth - Promised Land
14) Black Sheep - Strobelight Honeys (Joey Negro Edit)
15) Ralphi Rosario - You Used To Hold Me
16) Peven Everett - Church
17) Lovebirds - Gentle (I Have A Dream Speech)
18) Yonurican - Boriken Soul (Hernan Cronner Soul Mix)
This is a solid deep soulful set. Not as much vocal stuff as usual, just a nice chilled vibe. Opens with a great old track from 91 on Nervous records. The Late Boys - "Can't Stop Dancing". The mix is dominated by the Germans this month. Lovebirds and Knee Deep have been busy in the studio, and thanks to them both as almost every track they have released in December is on this mix. The Lovebirds - "The Sound" has that great early night sound that gets everyones feet tapping and heads nodding. Next up Cloudsteppers - Make Me Shine" has a huge rumbling warm bass with sweet flowing chords - nice! "Precious Time" is a big phat disco lick that needs to be turned up LOUD! Stand out tune from Mr Humphreys set at Southport last November was an upbeat vocal track called "Runnin", I'm sure you've all heard it by now. Couldn't resist throwing in an old gem in "If You Should Need A Friend", which could be heard everywhere back in 1995. Stacy Kidd gives a great slice of sunshine with "Free With My Life" you'll find yourself singing along at the top of your voice. The most upbeat of the three Knee Deep tracks is next "Vibin", with a bouncy tribal beat, and the most famous accapella in house. We finish up with Keith Thompsons "6 o Clock" and Sweet Love by Knee Deep, both big lush productions. Big thanks to all the producers out there for making 08 a great year for the deep soulful stuff. Here's to more of the same in 09.
1) The Late Boyz - Can't Stop Dancing
2) Lovebirds - The Sound
3) Cloudsteppers - Make Me Shine (Chris Udoh's Rework)
4) Nathan G ft Fourfeet - She Won't Believe (Dub)
5) Rondenion - Precious Time
6) Knee Deep - All Nite
7) Phlash & Friends - Runnin (Club Mix)
8) DJ Dealer ft Lisa Millett - Cool Lovin (Ralf Gum Classic Vocal)
9) Fire Island - If You Should Need a Friend (Fire Island Club Mix)
10) Copyright - Deeper (Original Extended Version)
11) JJK and C.A.M.A - Fort Myami (In stru men tal)
12) Stacy Kidd ft Leslie Carter - Free With My Life
13) Knee Deep - Vibin
14) Mr.Mama - Metropoli
15) Keith Thompson - 6 O Clock (In The Morning) Part 2 (BSC Remix)
16) Knee Deep - Sweet Love
These monthly releases seem to come round quicker and quicker. Luckily there is still plenty of good stuff being turned out by producers across the globe. Complimenting the new tunes are 4 tracks from across the last 15 years. Starting with a track from Kenny Dope's Total Ka-os EP released on Strictly back in the early 90's, great way to start a mix. We don't stay deep for long, but what we lack in quantity we make up for in quality. It's not long before it's time to sing along, with not one, but four vocal tracks, and they're all gems. I snuck an old classic in there too, with "There But For The Grace Of God". However pick of the vocal stormers for me is "Elements Of Life" with "Into My Life". I've played it to death since getting it, a real up beat track, with a trademark Louie arrangement that's timeless. There is then an opportunity to shake your money maker with a couple of phat afro beat tracks. Louie is again involved with one them. The mix heads down into a deep dank basement for a couple of tracks. DJ Spen kicks us off with a solid remix before a quirky number from Steam Circuit. Before anyone asks "NO" I'm not turning to Electro, for me this and "Jack U Remixed" just about have enough filth in the basslines to justify being in the mix. Plus I love the sound of the two tracks mixed together. We return to some sort of normality with Dennis Ferrer's "P 2 Da J", a track I never got into first time round, but hearing Karizma play it out a couple of times it's grown on me. We finish up with a track I've been after for years. Another stunner from the Vaults of Conan Liquid. Quincy's joint will be familiar to anyone that had the Joey Negro ITH defected album from 2005. Yes I know I've copied him by putting Roy Davies JRs "Closer To You" accapella over the top, but it would have been a crime not to!!
1) Kenny Dope - It's Just A L'il Groove
2) Kings Of Groove - Now That Your Gone (Deeper Mix)
3) DJ Spinna & Ovasoul7 - You Should Be Loving Me (Remix)
4) Jazzloungerz - Obsession
5) Fire Island - There But For The Grace Of God (Original N Funky Mix)
6) Elements Of Life ft Lisa Fischer & Cindy Mizelle - Into My Life (You Brought The Sunshine) (Main Mix)
7) DJ Spen pres The Jersey Maestros ft Renee Smith - He's So Real (Muthafunkaz Tell Ya Bout Him)
8) Vega - Jo'Bergs Theme (Roots Mix)
9) Souled - Rokeez
10) Klement Bonelli - The Revival EP (DJ Spens Soulectric Mix)
11) Format: B - Steam Circuit
12) Diddy vs Felix Da Housecat - Jack U Remixed
13) Dennis Ferrer - P 2 Da J
14) Back To Fundamentals by Rocco & Claude Monnet - Les Celestins (Rocco Mix)
15) Nick Holder ft Andraya - Inside Your Soul
16) Conan Liquid - Quincy's Joint
Wow, where do we start with this mix. All I can say is house music producers out there have raised the bar with the tracks released this month.
You only have to look at the names in the tracklisting to know your in for something very special. We start off deep with the ever consistent Jimpster on the remix.
We stay nice and deep with Joeflame, Vlad Caia and Shade just to get you warmed up. We then have back to back releases from the vaults of Mr Conan Manchester. It should be a crime to keep tracks this good locked up! But we thank you for finally sharing them with us.
Next come two vocal monsters. You can't get much bigger than Peven Everett mixed by Quentin Harris and what a tune, it's like three tracks in one. Definately one of my favourite Quentin tracks. Then Kloud 9 return with a gem that you'll be singing for months. Mr Earnshaw is back again, the boy must have been eating his 3 shredded wheat cos he's on form with another two remixes in this months mix.
Quentin is then on the receiving end of the remix, this time it's Groove Assassin tearing up "Can't Stop". Insatiable is a track getting a lot of attention at the moment and with good reason.
We then turn things up another notch with "Dance Out Loud", followed by the sweet sound of Joi Cardwell with "Make It Alright". "Socialize" is a treat for the ears courtesy of the boys from Belgium. We wind up with a beauty, "Sumtin" on Shifted is a slice of smooth from down under. Doing mixes is easy when the tunes are this good! This mix is going to get cained at Southport (well in my chalet at least!!)
1) Marc Romboy - Elif (Jimpster Remix)
2) Joeflame - Music In My Soul
3) Vlad Caia - Brickhouse
4) Shade ft Linda Bruno - What You Won't Do For Love (Cross Rhodes Instrumental)
5) Conan Liquid - Moonflower
6) Conan Liquid - Help Me Out
7) Peven Everett - Put Your Back Into It (Quentin Harris Remix)
8) Kloud 9 - Love's Just Better With You (The Realm Vocal Remix)
9) Letter To A Friend - Shobba (Richard Earnshaw Instrumental with Andre Harris "Do You Bounce" accapella)
10) Quentin Harris ft Jason Walker - Can't Stop (Groove Assassin Remix)
11) Back To Fundamentals by Miamik (Llorca) - Insatiable (Original)
12) RyRalio DJs ft Nica Brooke - Dance Out Loud (Nacho Marco Vocal Remix)
13) Lenny Fontana & Joi Cardwell - Make It Alright (Richard Earnshaw Main)
14) Soul Migrantz ft Mista - Socialize (Original Instrumental)
15) Yogi ft Briohny Thomas - Sumtin (You Gimme That)
This months mix is a blend of the old and new with 4 of the tracks at least 10 years old. One of which is our opening number - "Herbal Essence" by Mecca, which was released by Strictly in September 1992, that's 16 years almost to the day. We then stay pretty deep and minimal with "The Phat Track", which has the same feel as the tracks from the early 90's. Our first slice of velvet arrives with Rocco's "Someday". Solid vocal house appears in the middle of the mix with the excellent "Loveblind" and Earnshaws mix of "Call My Name". We then turn the clock back to the mid 90's with an old favourite of mine from Junior Boys Own. Crime - "Rhythm Graffiti" is a classic for me, especially with the Jungle Brothers accapella thrown over the top. DJ Spen turns out another quality mix, this time "Reach Out For Love" get's that deep warm gospel feel. We have another JBO release next with "Odyssey" which featured on the MAW Ministry sessions mix from the mid 90's. Mr Earnshaw then returns with another great mix, two in one month, the guys on fire! We finish up with two chilled tracks. "Ain't no friend of mine" is a slow funk/lounge tune perfect for a beach sunset. The last track is one of my favourite Henry St releases, with a great transition in the middle. Lot's of variation on this months mix. Something for everyone.
1) Mecca - Herbal Essence
2) Nick Holder - The Phat Track
3) Rocco - Someday (NJ Mix)
4) Jovonn - Deep End Theme
5) DJ Dealer ft Inaya Day - My All (Yass Dub)
6) Jazzloungerz & Headtrip - Loveblind (Original Mix)
7) Studio Apartment - Justifiable
8) Sharon Pass & Greg Gibbs - Call My Name (Richard Earnshaw Main Mix)
9) Crime - Rhythm Graffiti (DJ Harvey Mix)
10) Marc Evans - Reach Out For Love (Muthafunkaz 12" Mix)
11) 7th Movement - Odyssey (Dub Star Discomix)
12) K-Bana ft Orlando Vaughan - True To You (Earnshaw's Vocal Dub)
13) Nick Van Gelder - Ain't No Friend Of Mine ft Dom Glover
14) Ashley Beedle - Sunrize
This months mix is another deep warm gem. I'm putting it down to it being Winter in August here in Oz, as it goes dark early and just makes you want to get all warm and cosy. As a result the tracks I bought for this are all toasty little numbers! Lots of long layered mixes on here, which is something you can get away with when playing this type of house. The mix peaks with Mr Ferrer and Mr Harris, which is a great combination any time of year! Other highlights are Dreamscape, a track from Jazz N Groove's Defected in the House series from a few years back. Still sounding great. "God Made Me Phunky" also makes an appearance, that'll please a few people. The last couple of tracks bring us back to where the mix started. Hiya Kaya, is so smooth with great warm chords and bassline, and the last track has an old London Garage feel to it. Spring starts next month down here, so Septembers mix may sound very different. You guys heading into Autumn and Winter might want to keep this mix handy. For now I'm off to get my slippers and a hot coco.
1) Benny Blanko - Beautiful
2) Darren Clark - Night Spirits
3) John Crockett - Equal In Love
4) Kemal - Keep It Moving
5) Deep City Soul - We Fall Down (Timmy Vegas Roots Mix)
6) Rachel Claudio - Freedom (Raw Artistic Soul remix)
7) Mr V - H.O.U.S.E (Instrumental)
8) Sweetreat - Dreamscape
9) Gel Abril - Marir
10) Mike Dunn presents The MD X-Spress - God Made Me Phunky
11) Cbass & Mikobene - Super Pussy (Milton Jackson Remix)
12) Grant nelson - Binaural Beat
13) Soul Designer - Ecosystem (H.O.U.S.E Accapella)
14) The Sunburst Band - Journey To The Sun (Dennis Ferrer Mix)
15) Quentin Harris - U Don't Know (Big Room Mix)
16) Kentphonik - Hiya Kaya (Rocco Deep Mix)
17) Bob Henzell - World Keep Spinning (Vocal Original)
This mix is very much on the smooth side. The first half being nice and deep and warm, the latter more uptempo but with a soulful centre. We open with a track from 1994, yep 14 years old. Really captures the sound of soulful house from the time. The next two tracks are pretty chilled. Mr Chandler then steps up with two very typical Kerri sounds, Sunset and Yellow. Anthony Nicholson comes up with a pearler with "Outta Control", very different, and right up my street. Things start to pick up some more until we get to Jamie Lewis - It's Not Over, with the unmistakable Michael Watford, what a voice. DJ Fudge does justice with his remix of It's Yours, trumpets at the ready. "Changed my life" only seems to be available on a Japanese album, but someone needs to sign that track up cos it's HUGE!!!! Couldn't resist dropping an old favourite in Eddie Amadors - "House Music", many a good night been had dancing away to that gem. Panevino come up with a real haunting track with "Contigo O Sin", before we end with a match made in heaven. Brand New Heavies and Kenny Dope, why didn't we think of that?! "I don't know why" is gonna having you singing along and you won't be able to help it!
1) 3AM - I Love This Place
2) DJ Aphreme - House Is My Language
3) Gavin Boyce - Sometimes It's Me (To The Roxy)
4) Kerri Chandler - Sunset
5) Kerri Chandler - Yellow
6) Anthony Nicholson - Outta Control
7) Chris Harris & Dominic Martin - Get Involved
8) Joey Youngman - Master Blaster
9) Jamie Lewis & Michael Watford - It's Not Over
10) Jon Cutler - It's Yours (DJ Fudge Mix)
11) Chieko Kinbara - Changed My Life
12) Raul Rincon - Love
13) Eddie Amador - House Music (Message Mix)
14) Panevino & O-Jam - Contigo O Sin Ti (PV's Sin Ti In Space Mix)
15) Brand New Heavies ft N'Dea Davenport - I Don't Know Why (I Love You)(Kenny Dope Remix)
Just in the nick of time the June 08 Mix just makes the deadline, and you thought I'd forgotten! Although it's 11.30pm on a Sunday night and I'll be asleep at my desk tomorrow! Had no idea how this months mix would turn out. No obvious big tracks around at the moment (well I couldn't find them!) Having said that the deep soulful stuff during the first half of the mix is quality. Found the opening track about 4 hours before doing the mix, changed the feel of the mix altogether. Favorite tracks on here are Jimpsters mixes of "In Da Club". That's right theres two of them. Both different and both too good to just pick one for the mix. Oh the last track is a cheeky little number too. Very catchy bassline. Other tracks to look out for - Jay Js - October Moods, great keys and Alix A's mix of One Desire, very rich production as you'd expect.
I need to go to bed now!
1) Fabio Genito - Papawenda (FG Main Mix)
2) Ursula Rucker - Untitled Flow (Kenny Dope Mix)
3) Domu - Drift Away
4) Copyright - In Da Club (Jimpsters Dub)
5) Copyright - In Da Club (Jimpsters Remix)
6) Jay J - October Moods
7) G-Rillo ft Karol - All Right
8) Bobby D'Ambrosia ft Kelli Sae - (LoveForevermore,Amen(Marlon D's Underground Club)
9) Barbara Tucker & Tuccillo - One Desire (Alix Alvarez F1 Series Vox)
10) Soul Purpose - Blow (M's Sax Mix)
11) Mario Fabriani - Caribbean Soul
12) To The F***! - To The F**!
13) The Thompson Project ft Gary L - Messin With My Mind (Phonik Funk Dub)
14) T.J. Cases ft Natalie Broomes - Nothing Better Than Your Lovin (Hardsoul Reconstruction with Roog & Prom Remix)
15) David Tort & DJ Ruff meets DJ Disciple - Destination
16) Compuphonic - Jaguar Running
17) Restless Soul feat. Shea Soul - Tricks (Main Vocal)
This months mix is deep and soulful. Glad to see Tribal records releasing some of their classics digitally. As a result there are no fewer than five of their tracks on here. The mix opens and finishes with tracks from Eric Kuppers K Scope EP from the mid 90's. I lost my copy a few years ago, so was more than happy to put them on this mix. Plenty of soulful grooves through to track 6. Prana - The Dream is a track with arguably THE best breakdown in the history of house. Scott Wozniak has the midas touch at the moment. Sent From Above is no exception. Things fatten up a little from Stonk through to In Da Club, before we descend back down with a funky little gem from Tommy Largo. The mix ends with a chilled vibe courtesy of Teddy Douglas and Tamara Wellons, before Mr Kupper wraps things up with Planet K.
1) Eric Kupper - Purple Dazies
2) Poussez - Natural Conditions
3) DJ Dealer - Chicago Love
4) Steven Stone ft David Bruce Whitley - Free To Go (Soularis Remix)
5) Feliciano vs Kay Cee - Let You Go (Feliciano Instrumental)
6) Minimoogli - 99.9 (Alix Alvarez Soul Channel Instrumental)
7) Deep Dish pres Prana - The Dream (Sharam's Deep Dish Dreamscape)
8) Stephen Rigmaiden ft Darryl D'Bonneau - Sent From Above (Scott Wozniak Remix)
9) Danny Clark & Jay Benham ft SuSu Bobien - Wondrous (Muthafunkas Remix)
10) Eric Kupper - Stonk
11) The Absolute intro Suzanne Palmer - There Will Come A Day
12) Copyright -In Da Club
13) Tommy Largo - All Funked Up
14) Teddy Douglas ft Margret Grace - Watcha Gonna Do (Spen's Code Red Edit)
15) Tamara Wellons - Like Rain (Movement Soul Mix)
16) Eric Kupper - Planet K
That's right this month we have two mixes. This first one gets very deep and tribal in the middle, every now and again you gotta let off steam! The mix opens with a tune I heard a lot at SP 41 - Sunshine. Into that comes a track I've been after for ages, Karizma's mix of John Legends - Ordinary People, gets in your head and stays there all day! Things then get all tribal with Mirror Dance before turning deep and minimal with Ghosts in My Machine. The mix gets deeper and tougher right through to The Chase. The vybe changes again with the excellent Panevino toughened dub of Freeze The Frame. We'll Keep Climbing brings back memories of the mid 90's Nice N Ripe sound. Things end on a nice and light note with It's Your Life, a track I've been looking to put in a mix for a while now. The vocal April mix will be out next week. For now, close the curtains, turn out the lights and get deep!
1) Elements Of Life ft Blaze & Raul Midon - Sunshine (Joe Clausell Mix)
2) John Legend - Ordinary People (Karizma Kayorican Mix)
3) Reel People ft Darien - Alibi (Dennis F's Out On Bail Mix)
4) Afefe Iku - Mirror Dance
5) Milton Jackson - Ghosts In My Machine
6) DJ Fudge - Grysor
7) Karizma - Twyst This
8) The Bongo Man - Jingo Ugwanda (Chus Muchodrums Mix)
9) Danism ft Kathy Brown - Light Up My Life(Audiowhores Tribal Dub)
10 Claude Monnet pres Torre - The Chase
11) Panevino - Freeze The Frame (PV's Freezing The Frame Retouch)
12) Z Factor - We'll Keep Climbing (Joey Negro Club Mix)
13) Alfred Azzetto - Near The Ocean
14) Key To Life ft Kathleen Murphy - Find our Way (Breakaway)
15) Soul Creation vs Gmena ft Tyrah Irvin - It's Your Life
This is the second mix for April 08. This one is the vocal mix with plenty for you to sing along to. "Glad I Found You" is a track that got played all over South Beach this year, as did Wizeman, the Copyright boys on a roll at the moment. Another guy that seemed to be everywhere in Miami was Yass, and he shows his consistency with "My Only". Had loads of fun playing with acapellas over Pasta for 2. The mix then goes all favela with WJSD, before DJ Spen steps up to post two phat chunky tracks back 2 back to get you dancing. The mix ends with a track with a very laid back feel, so much so that I recommend listening to it while lying in a bath of double cream!
1) Kings Of Tomorrow - Can't Stop
2) DJ Gomi ft Yassman - Glad I Found You (Scott Wozniak Vocal)
3) Copyright - Wizeman
4) Darryl D'Bonneau - Revenge (Scott Wozniak Dub)
5) Yass - My Only
6) Groove Armada - Love Sweet Sound
7) DJ Jeroenski - Pasta For 2
8) Giano - WJSD (Rumba Papaya)
9) Toni Granello ft Linda Lee Hopkins - Lift Him Up (MuthaFunkas 12" mIx)
10) Terry Thompson - Magic (Thommy & Spen Mix)
11) Luca Signorini - A Night In Paris
12) Z Factor - Somebody (Joey Negro Club)
13) Trouble Men ft Colonel Abrams - In The Air
14) Ceramic ft Aisling Stephenson - Broken Dreams
This months mix has to go down as the Miami WMC mix. Most of these tracks will get a caning at the WMC this year. Mix opens with a fine Kenny Dope remix of Roy Ayers - Holiday. One guy on fire at the moment is Groove Assassin, he comes up trumps again with his mix of Feelin You. Kimara Lovelaces' - These Things has a haunting timeless hook. Not very often I put two mixes of a track in a mix, but both Quentin and Jovonn were outstanding with their versions of Disrespectful. Finally you can't have a Miami mix without a latin vybe, so the mix serves up a large slice of sunshine towards the end.
1) Roy Ayers - Holiday (Kenny Dope Main Pass)
2) Danism & Kenny Bobien - Feelin You (Groove Assassin Mix)
3) Kimara Lovelace - These Things
4) Fanatix ft Dionne Mitchell - Open Your Eyes
5) Knee Deep - Darlin
6) Chaka Khan ft Mary J Blige - Disrepectful (Quentin Harris Mix)
7) JazzLoungerz ft Maxyne Ryan - Joy (Main Mix)
8) Knee Deep & DJ Spen - Gotta Have House (Do You Remember)
9) Mr V & Alix Alvarez - Move (Laced Up Dub)
10) Staffan Thorsell & Georg Neu - La Cerise (Javi Lopez Mix)
11) Ali Sural ft Gamze - Heavenly (DJ Circle Peakheaven Mix)
12) Roy Davis Jr ft XL - Reach (Get Large Dub)
13) Mario Fabriani - Windy City Theme
14) Shik Stylko - Alaska
15) Andre Harris - Beat The Drums (Dub)
This months mix starts and ends with one of my favorite house tracks of all time. Plus a gem from Kem (one of the smoothest voices in house). I've been waiting since the November Southport Weekender to get hold of WOMs remix of Mariposa, and I got goosebumps mixing it! It needs to be played LOUD! Did an alternate mix with Sinnamon - I Need You Now accapella. Sounds great, but I've left the original in here for the purists!
1) River Ocean ft India - Love & Happiness (Dream Sequence)
2) Kem - Without You (Scott Wozniak Mix)
3) Kem - Love Calls (Darryl James Mix)
4) Luis Radio & Raffa - The Mood
5) Alex Finkin & Reverend P - Fight For Love (Tea Party Vocal)
6) Jacko pres Tony Loreto - Anthem
7) Mark & John - ESL
8) Chaka Khan ft Mary J Blige - Disrespectful (Jovonn Mix)
9) Unkown! - Deep Inside
10) Mary J Blige - Just Fine (Jovonn Mix)
11) Roed Svensk ft Diana Waite - All The Love You Need (Raul Moros Old Skool Dub)
12) Ranura De Alma - Mariposa (Word Of Mouth Mix)
13) Claude Monnet - Voodoo Bounce
14) Afefe Iku - Body Drummin
This mix opens with a track that shows how far house music has come in South Africa. Black Coffee turns out a very well polished soulful treat. Another guy in form at the moment is Ralf Gum, his track Kissing Strangers is given a soulful workover by Frankie Feliciano. Other highlights include Karizmas - 33rd St Anthem, very different sounding track, but you can't help jump about to it. A classic I've been after for a while is Dj Oji - We Lift Our Hands To The Sanctuary. Finally the mix ends with a track highlighted by Giles Petersons recent Defected Mix. Livin A New Day has a great vybe on it.
1) Black Coffee - Even Though
2) Monkey Brothers ft Shaun Escoferry - Losing My Head
3) B'Star - Love Vibration (Feliciano Classic)
4) Alix Alvarez - Not To Mention (Soul Channel Dub)
5) Ralf Gum ft Monique Bingham - Kissing Strangers (Feliciano Vocal)
6) Gene Hunt ft Robert Owens - Twilite People (Kenny Dope Remix)
7) Karizma aka Kaytronic - 33rd Street Anthem
8) Demarkus Lewis - Untitled Love Affair (Mr V Dubstramental)
9) Una - Abicah Soul Weekender Vocal
10) DJ Oji & Una - We Lift Our Hands To The Sanctuary
11) Lisa Millet - When I'm Dancing (DJ Spen's Alternate Vocal)
12) Conan Liquid - YeYo's Rushing Movement
13) UR - Timeline
14) Tribe - Livin A New Day
This mix was a great way to end 2007. The mix opens with another Yoruba soul mix, this time it's Deetron's - I Cling that gets the treatment. One of my favorite tracks from Tony Humphries Southport 41 set is Paveninos timeless mix of Lonewolfs - Big Tune, very aptly named! Dennis delivers another bomb with - Black Man in Space. Couldn't resist dropping a couple of old tunes, firstly Todd Terrys - Hear The Music, you can't find a chunkier beat, and also for those that remember it, RBM - The Boy. The mix ends with the very silky sounds of Mr Chandler and Miss Bingham - In The Morning.
1) I Cling (Yoruba Soul Mix) - Deetron ft OvaSoul7
2) We Had A Thing (Mattys Dub) - Abstract Truth
3) Big Tune (Panevinos Mix) - Lonewolf ft Claude Bain
4) Please Don't Call (Earnshaws Jazzroom Mix) - This Is Rhythm ft Natalie Williams
5) Back When (Sir Piers Club) - Sir Piers
6) Ride The Storm (Nacho Marco Afternoon Sunshine) - MYNC Project, carl Kennedy
7) Soulgroove - Chris Harris & Dom Martin
8) A Black Man In Space (Sax Mix) - Son Of Raw
9) Mumba (Afro Main Mix) - Danny Marquez & Tuccillo
10) Dougswana (Joey Negro Club) - Doug Willis
11) Keys Of Time - Conan Liquid
12) I'm Free (Unreleased) - Yass
13) Hear The Music (Tees Mix) - Gypseymen
14) The Boy (Ralphs Hard House) - R.B.M.
15) In The Morning - Kerri Chandler ft Monique Bingham
Mix opens with another quality Yarouba Soul mix, this time it's Ben Westbeech with "So Good Today". Next few tracks have a nice warm deep feel with a big influence from an in form Yass. "Blessed" by Pedro Herrera is a great upbeat smile on your face tune. Next up is my favourite house tune of all time!! That's right, the best house track ever made, and it's not an oldie. Kem has one of the finest voices in house, and when you add an on fire Marlon D & ever consistent Groove Assassin into the mix the result is truly timeless. "Heaven" never fails to make the hairs on my arms stand up. Karizma is another that always canes the tune, and it's obvious why. It's a hard track to follow, but we just about manage it with another bomb from Mr Todd Terry. That guy knows how to make a beat fat, you can't keep your feet still on that on. Marlon D shows up again with one of the biggest tunes of 07. "Jesus Creates A Sound" is so simple, but so effective. This mix has to be heard just for Heaven alone.
1) Ben Westbeech: So Good Today (Yarouba Soul Mix)
2) Roland Clark: Have A Good Time (Soul Channel)
3) Su Su Bobien: You Brought Me Brighterday
4) DJ Gregory: Attend (Yass Remix)
5) Yass: I'm Free
6) Iz & Everything: On My Mind (Fred Everything Mix)
7) Raul Moros: Back To Basics
8) Anthony Molina: Floating Above Mars (Kuningas Mix)
9) Pedro Herrera: Blessed
10) KEM: Heaven (Marlon D Groove Assassin Mix)
11) Phortune - String Free
12) Todd Terry: Sunday Morning (Sean McCabe Mix)
13) Marlon D: Jesus Creates A Sound
14) Shinedoe: Phunk (Steve Angello Edit)
15) Sandy Rivera: Freak (Jimpster)
16) Poussez: Bounce & Flow
This will always be the Southport Weekender 41 mix. This mix got caned in our chalet. Jesus Creates A Sound had the powerhouse jumpin, along with "I Shall Not Be Moved" gospel house as it should be. Everyones suprise favourite track though was Mr Carrolls Nike Song. Had everyone bouncin around. And for the twisted disco kids Stacy Kidd's "Don't Stop" should hit the spot.
1) Kerri Chandler: All I Have Is This Feeling
2) Demarkus Lewis: Ride Inside
3) Marlon D: Jesus Creates A Sound
4) Soul Central: Time After Time (Yoruba Soul Dub)
5) Mood II Swing: Passing Time
6) Todd Terry: Grand High Priest
7) DJ Oji ft Estaban: Estaban
8) Skwerl: All Woman (Karizma Dub)
9) DJ Romain & Jon Cutler: De JA Vu (Mr V Roots Main Mix)
10) Michelle Weeks: A Purpose
11) Underground Ministries: I Shall Not Be Moved (B's 2004 Mix)
12) Ron Carroll: The Nike Song
13) Stacy Kidd: Don't Stop
14) Roland Clark: & Steal Vybe: See The Light (Shick Stylko Mix)
15) Supernaturals: Please Throw
16) Kiko Navarro: Sonando Contigo (Kerri Chandlers Mix)
17) David Storm Ruffin: Take Me Away
September 07 mix starts with an old classic - Who dares to believe in me. Although this is a different remix to the one everyone is used to. The Jinks really step it up with "Up To You". Big piano and vocals. Things then get deep and twisted ft Liquid Acid, a throw back to the old days. and Conan at his imaginative best.
1) The Believers: Who Dares To Believe In Me
2) The Jinks: Like Music (Kaje Trackheadz Mix)
3) Pulaski Park: Tri-Polar
4) Rocco: Stormy
5) River Ocean ft India: Love & Happiness (KenLou Dub)
6) MoHo Allstars ft Solara: Life Is
7) The Jinks ft Alma Horton: Up To You
8) Dom Navarra ft Monique Henry: So Lonely (eDeep Afrotech Dub)
9) DJ Disciple: Rise Up
10) Conan Liquid: Liquid Acid
11) Jorgensen: Untitled
12) Mr V: Put Your Drinks Down (Bob Sinclar Mix)
13) Afro Mystik: Infinite Rhythm (Swags found a groove dub)
14) Ethan White & Lisa Shaw: Find The Way
This mix has 3 of my favourite soulful house tunes from 07. Sexy Make Up, Guessin Again and Theorema Del Faya. While Cali Spaces and Message for the DJ have real smooth vybe. What a way to end the mix, Osunlade is on fire with his remix of Sandboy and Nanar.
1) Roland Clark: Family (Marcus Enochson Vocal)
2) Peven Everett: Sexy Make Up (Tarantulaz Mix)
3) Mark Grant ft Russoul: Guessin Again (Soul Bounce)
4) Anto Vitale: Theorema Del Faya (Tea Party Vocal)
5) Mark Farina: Cali Spaces (Kaskade Mix)
6) Delano Smith ft Diamondance: A Message For The DJ (Jimpster Mix)
7) Joshua Heath: How It Should Be Done
8) Phil Good ft Indira Khan: Bring Me Up (Morten Trust Dub)
9) Jonni Black vs Una Mas vs C2E: Raise The Oldskool
10) Jeff Daniels & Ollie Ple': Next To Me (Kid Massive Mix)
11) Kerri Chandler: Coro (Kaoz 6:23 Dark Mix)
12) Kid Massive: Free (Ross Couch Mix)
13) Night Song: Sandboy & Nanar (Yoruba Soul Mix)
This mix wastes no time in getting down and deep. Opens with an epic track "Burning". Then heads deep deep down into the depths with "Agoe", "Tronic Jams" and "I Wanna" before slamming into the basement with "Son of Raw". We're all in need of a rest after that and "It's Too Late" gives us a chance to get our breath back. Not for long though we're off back down with the sick twisted superb "Let's Get Over It". Tarantulaz then add to the twisted madness with "They Forgot It", but on a lighter note. We then go all afro with a Dutch mixed piece of Oz "Give In". The Aussies always play the original, but I've no idea why, this mix is where it's at. We then switch again taking on a latin twist with "Cabo Parano" and "Demanda", before ending with three old classic gems from 93/94, "Love & Happiness", "Is It What We Need" and "Love Storm" (for those that remember Legends in Warrington in 93!
1) Pepe Bradock & The Grand Brule: Burning (Deep Burnt)
2) Manoo: Agoe
3) Argy: Tronic Jams (The Storm)
4) Thommy Davis: I Wanna (Spen & Thommy's Essential Mix)
5) Dennis Ferrer: Son of Raw (Loco Dice Mix)
6) Sybil: It's Too late (Thommy & Spen Dub)
7) Deetron ft Justin Chapman: Let's Get Over It
8) Tarantulaz ft Monique Bingham: They Forgot It
9) Hardsoul pres Quazimodo: Give In (Hardsoul Reconstruction)
10) Martin Solveig & Stephy Haik: Cabo Parano (MS Magnolia Mix)
11) Rasmus Faber ft Clara Mendes: Demanda (Demandub)
12) River Ocean ft India: Love & Happiness
13) Hardrive: Is It What We Need
14) Cynthia M: Love Storm (Morel's Club Mix)
This is probably my favourite mix from 07, and suprisingly it's the least downloaded mix!!! It opens with Osunlades best remix ever (in my eyes!) - Put It On, so smooth! No fewer than 4 classic tunes on here in between the newer ones. DV8 - C'Mon, Mr Sanchez perfectly capturing the Strictly house sound of the early 90's. Cajmere - Brighter Days, one of Chicago's finest bouncin house tunes. Don't be put off by the sight of "The Mad Stuntman". Morillo was in fine form when he made this track. And to end - No Cure, for me the best tune on the Deep inside E.P.
1) Atjazz ft Ernesto - Put It On (Yoruba Suite)
2) KuKu - Kumala (You Want It)
3) Yass - I Go Deep
4) DV8 - C'Mon (Hard As Hell Mix)
5) George Divas - The Feather
60 Joey Youngman - Uncondubtional
7) Scott Wozniak - Stand Up
8) Bobby & Klein - Cafe Piltro
9) Cajmere ft Dajae - Brighter Days (Underground Goodies Mix)
10) Yves Murasca - Saxaphonic Satisfaction (Stereo Mutants Dirty Mix)
11) Unique - All I Need Is You Tonight
12) Bob Sinclar - Champs Elysees Theme (Jamie Lewis Steppin out Disco Mix)
13) Liquid People pres Danism - Love Is On The Way
14) Real 2 Real - I'm The Mad Stuntman
15) Hardrive - No Cure
This mix was done back when Strictly was releasing it's digital back catalogue, so the opening track is a great old release. Things stay old with Todd Terrys - Samba, I used to cane that track in 92. Another old track gets a great remake too, Loni Clarks - Rushing gets the Alix Alvirez treatment. The mix then increases in intensity with Hi-Fi Mikes - Hollywood, which starts off quite chilled but builds up to quite a tough track. The peak of the mix is probably the High Priest mix of Circle Dancing. The mix mellows out with Paveninos - The Way I Am. Great jazzy number.
1. Krimp - Get Up (Feel It Bonus Cut)
2. Todd Terry - Samba
3. Loni Clark - Rushing (Alix Alvirex Vocal)
4. Pete Doyle pres The Rock S - What God Has Chosen (Jimpster Mix)
5. Shyk Stylko & Matt Caselli - Me Soprendiste (Staffan Thorsell & George Neufeld Dub)
6. Hi-Fi Mike - Hollywood (Jamie Lewis Rodeo Drive Mix)
7. Axwell - I Found U (Axwell Classix Mix)
8. DJ Wady & Junatik - I Want U (Hott 22)
9. Doug Willis - Doug Dastardly (Joey Negro 1 Way Mix)
10. Groove Junkies - Musics Gotcha Jumpin (Liquid People Mix)
11. Byron Stingily - Circle Dancing (High Priest of AM Mix)
12. Soulright - Searching
13. Ben Watt - Lone Cat (Dennis Ferrer & Steve Martinez)
14. Panevino - The Way I Am (Richard Earnshaw Vocal)
15. Kevin Yost - Dreams
This mix starts and ends with 4 tracks from 90-92. Luv Dancin is Roger Sanchez showing us where his house roots came from. The mix then takes on a very west coast vybe mainly courtesy of Mr Migs. The mood changes with the excellent Karizma mix of "The Light". Eric Kupper and Frank Roger both serve up very different sounding tracks which sound great with the accapellas over the top. The last two tracks are a couple of my all time favourites. Todd Terrys - Kashmir is a tough old Gem. UPI - My Love Away always used to make the hairs on my arms stand up, very simple track but sheer class.
1) Underground Solution: Luv Dancin
2) House 2 House: I Need Your Love (Boom A Touch Of Jazz)
3) Miguel Migs: Sometime
4) Miguel Migs ft Tim Fuller: Better Than Ever
5) Elektro Organic ft Christia: Revolutions
6) Stacey Kidd: The Movement
7) Soul Avengerz: It's Alright (Shik Stylko Mix)
8) Raw Artistic Soul ft Ursula: The Light (Karizma Deepah One Dub)
9) DJ Spen & The Muthafunkaz: It's So Easy (4 The Luve Mix)
10) Eric Kupper: Faith Healer (C2E Remix)
11) Frank Roger: The Spot
12) Shik Stylko: So Many Dayz
13) Kingpin Cartel: Ghetto
14) Todd Terry: Kashmir
15) UPI: My Love Away
This mix should be released on Z records it contains that many Dave Lee tracks! It opens with Simon Grey who doesn't make many tracks but when he does they are always of the highest quality. Liquid People are a very versatile duo, "One Life" is a great sing along smooth slice of house. Speaking of smooth, Shur-I-Khans mix of Mesmerized is like silk. Milton Jacksons remix of Journey Man DJs' "Shelleys" was already floorless, but while listening to it I started singing "Whatcha Do" over the top. So on went the accapella with a little tweakin! Now it gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. JJK gives us a great warm rolling track with "Sunshine" you just can't sit still when it's on. The mix then goes into Dave Lee overdrive with 4 tracks in a row from the master. Mr Vs Bump N Grind style gets the London treatment from Warren Clark to produce a booty shaking belter. The mix ends with a track that isn't for your parents to hear you playing!
1) Luisito Quitero ft Blaze: Love Remains The Same (Roots Reprise)
2) Simon Grey ft Robbie Smith: Together
3) Liquid People pres Danism ft Lisa Miller: One Life
4) JT Donaldson: Gone (Club Vocal)
5) Miguel Migs: Mesmerized (Shur-I-Kan Guilty Vocal)
6) Doug Willis: You & I (Timmy Vegas B'ham Housin Authority Mix)
7) Journey Man DJ: Shelley's (Milton Jackson vs C2E Vocal Mix)
8) Nicole Otero: Sunshine Song (JJK Re-rub Vox Mix)
9) Sessomatto: Movin On (Timmy Vegas B'Ham Housin Authority Mix)
10) Z Factor: Feelin Moody (Joey Negro Flying Club Mix)
11) Dave Lee: Miami Calling
12) AC Soul Symphony: The Kinda Love (Joey Negro Disco Blend)
13) Mr V: Da Bump (Warren Clark Remix)
14) Ian Vaughnsay: Finger Me
This mix opens with a remix of an all time classic. Beat the State is a great re-work of 808 States - Pacific 202. The mix then goes a bit deeper before returning to the smooth stuff with Feel. Things get a bit tougher with DJ MFR. Frank Rogers - Mind Illusions is a great quirky track. Terry Hunter was at his best with Be Thankfull a great bouncy little track. Mix ends on a very mellow deep note with an old track from old partners in crime, Mr V & Alix Alvarez.
1) Julius Papp - Beat The State
2) DJ Garphie - Your Body
3) Rodamaal ft Claudia Franco - Insomnia
4) Trackheadz - Feel (Mr V Vocal)
5) Bugz In The Attic pres Homecookin - Do What You Wanna
6) Jada - Love Is (Love Breeze Vox)
7) DJ MFR - Do You Remember (DJ MFR Late Night Mix)
8) Frank Roger - Mind Illusions
9) Fabio Bachini - Funk Is The Message (Move On Up)
10) Terry Hunter ft Dana Divine - Be Thankful
11) Raul Moros - Amazonica (Daytime Mix)
12) Liquid Dope - Krash
13) RAW Artistic Soul ft John G - Keep On Shining (Vocal Dub)
14) Mr V and Alix Alvarez - Deep
This mix opens with a track from 91, you can tell as it has that typical early garage sound, but it still sounds great today. Mr V turns in a top drawer workout of Mayu's "Stretch My Arms". More smooth house, on a vocal tip next with Raw Silks "Do It To The Music", the lyrics have been used as an accapella more times than I've had hot dinners! Jay-J then offers up a tasty number with some great chords. We then slowly start to get deeper, harder and dirtier as the mix progrsses. Yes I know, Bodyrox is borderline cheese, but I liked it at the time and hoped the "In My House" accapella over the top would reduce the Edam smell a little bit!! All in all this mix ends up down a much tougher alley than most mixes, but you can't be smooth and deep all the time!
1) The Groove Asylum - In The Air
2) Mayu - Stretch My Arms (Mr V Dub)
3) Raw Silk - Do It To The Music (Roots Vocal Dub)
4) Jay J - Keep On Dancin (Jay-J Moulton Dub)
5) Frank Roger - Turn Me Over
6) Emanuel ft Georgia Harding - See U Movin (MOD Miami Mix)
7) Jochen Pash - Makes You Groove (Christian Hornbostel Mix)
8) djb and Neal Paul - Eccentric Mood (djb Organ Dub)
9) Scott Wozniak - Misfired
10) Lifelike & Chris Menace - Discopolis (Kerris Dusty Dub)
11) Adrian Martin & Santiago - My Friend
12) Chique Benitez - Noche Dura (Roog & Greig Electric Mix)
13) Fedde Le Grande - Take No Shhhh
14) Liquid People - LSD
15) Bodyrox - In My Yeah Yeah (C2E Mix)
16) Liquid People - Koopers Troopers
Very soulful mix, lot's of smooth house. Favourite tack on this mix is Jazztroniks - Dentro Mi Alma. Quality house as it's finest. Plus a couple of classics in Abstract Journey and How Deep Is Your Love.
1) Louie Vega - Abstract Journey
2) Demarkus Lewis - Speak Of Freedom
3) Blaze - How Deep Is Your Love
4) DJ Circle - Groovin Through Munich
5) Chris Forman aka Steal Vybe - Rated X
6) Jazztronik - Dentro Mi Alma
7) Christian Alvarez & Mad Mark ft Terri B - Livin Joy
8) Andrea Love - Faithful (Jamie Lewis Bar Dub)
9) Guy Robin ft Anthony Moriah - Angel Of Love (Underground Mix)
10) Gary Bardouille - Starting Over (Dub)
11) Shur I Khan - Underground Soul
12) Jovonn - Can't Hold On
13) Linn - Available (Jay J's Shifted Up Mix)
14) Central Avenue - Need Your Lovin (Hott 22 Sterling Dub)
Yoruba Soul mixes should come with a guarantee of quality, as they very rarely let you down, and the opening track this month is no exception. The smooth sound continues across the first few tracks culminating in The Sunburst Bands - Garden Of Love. The mix then gets deeper and tougher, before finishing with a gem from Mr Harris.
1) MAW ft Vickter Dupilax - The Real World (Yoruba Mix)
2) Richard Earnshaw ft Imogen: Summer Rain
3) James Ingram - Lean On Me (MAW mix)
4) Jolene - The DJ (Alix Alvarez SOLE Channel Mix)
5) Those Guys - Love Love Love
6) The Sunburst Band - Garden Of Love (Garden Of Love Remix)
7) Frankie Knuckles ft Nikki R - I've Had Enough (Shapeshifters Mix)
8) Doug Willis - Dancin
9) Arnold Jarvis - If I Stay (Jus Dope Mix)
10) Housemates - Power Of Music (Club Mix)
11) CDock - Strong People (Kid Massive Mix)
12) The Rurals - Coreker Remixes (Knee Deeps Break Alot Dub)
13) Mr V - Jus Dance (Quentin Harris Re-Prod)
14) Quentin Harris/MAW - Haunted Sensation
This mix has 4 distinct sounds. Starting off easy on the ear, before developing more of a jackin house sound. Things get pretty tough from 9 through 13 before easing out with Ferrer and Harris.
1) Toka Project - Reach For You
2) Mistura - Tonight (Joey Negro Etagi Mix)
3) Joshua Heath - Good Ol Days
4) Wookie ft Lain - Live On (Instrumental)
5) Joshua Heath - Elevator jamz
6) Solo - Groovin Tonight (Solo's Original)
7) Lil'Devious Tonight (Richard Earnshaw Mix)
8) Scott Wozniak - Breath
9) Kid Massive - D'Asebo
10) Lifelike & Kris Menace - Discopolis (Chris Lake Remix)
11) Those Guys - I Walk Alone (Dimitri Remix)
12) JJK - Infrared
13) JJK - The Groove
14) Dennis Ferrer - Church Lady
15) Quentin Harris - My Joy (Instrumental)
One of the tougher mixes in the set. This guy starts off soulful, but it doesn't stay that way for long. Quickly gets deep. Finishes off on a latin vybe, followed by some old time favourites.
1) United People of Zion ft DKP - Rok da Funk (Dom Navarra Late Mix)
2) Doug Willis - Baby Bubba Dubba
3) Brothers' Vibe - Like It Used To Be
4) Thomas Blondet ft Lane McCr - Okolicko
5) Silk Stroke/Akabu - African Attitude/I'm Not Afraid Of the Future
6) Spentich - I'm Blessed
7) Twisted - Twisted
8) The Creeps (You're Giving me) - The Creeps
9) Kurd Maverick - The Rub
10) Peer2Peer - Anti Piracy
11) TNT - Can't Play Around (Play Dub)
12) BHongoloverz ft Ursula Cuest - La Fiesta (Original Nacho Flavour)
13) David Vendetta ft Akram - Unidos Para La Musica (Nick & Danny Mix)
14) ViewMaster - Soulful T
15) 24Hr Experience - Realm of The B-Line
16) Quentin Harris - Haunted
Two words for this mix. "Deep inside". The Hardsoul revamp of this classic always get me dancing. It's peak time from Deep Inside onwards. Definitely a mix to dance to. The intro track from Roland Clark is bang on the money too. Smooth as silk.
1) Roland Clark - Deep In House
2) Central Avenue ft Nana Premp - All About The Rhythm (Central Ave Mix)
3) Doug Willis - Begin To Luv U
4) Justin Michael ft Jackie Wilson - Funky Love (Macam's Dream Dub)
5) MOD - Funky Dive (Fabio Bacchini Mix)
6) DJ Spen & The Muthafunkaz - To The Rock (Praise Party Vocal)
7) Bobby D'Ambrosio ft Kelli S - Optimistic (D'Ambrosio and Tappert)
8) Sessomoto - Moody (Joey Negro Club Mix)
9) E Deep - Afrika
10) Hardsoul - Deep Inside (Official Hardsoul Mash Up Mix)
11) Shik Stylko - Black Jack
12) Noir vs Nu Rhythmix - All About Babylon (GN Edit)
13) Jordan Rivera ft Shereetha - Memories (Shik Stylko Mix)
14) Shik Stylko - Claritty
15) Doug Willis - Further Beyond (Joey Negro Medusa Mix)
The mix has a great summer vibe. Lots of Latin flavour, makes you want to chill in the sun. Opening track is a real soulful gem that never seemed to get much attention. This is one of my favourite mixes.
1) Disciples of Phunk - Want it Right
2) Groove Junkies - Just Groovin (Main Room Madness Mix)
3) Karol XVII & MB Valence - Drum In Peace
4) Timmy Vegas & Ash - Cabbage Juice
5) M.C. and His Latin Jazz Machine - Viva La Presidente
6) CDock - The Beach (Groove Assassin Mix)
7) Oreja - Vasilando (Rasmus Faber Club Mix)
8) Havanna Funk - Ya Salio (Scientific Soul)
9) Wahoo - Make Em Shake It
10) Afromento - Midnight Train (Afromento Mix)
11) Ferry B & Franco De Mulero - Balearico
12) Andy Cato - La Luna
13) Jason Hates Jazz - Pray For Love (DJ Chus & Davina)
14) Jay J & Mark Grant with Latrice - Love Is
There were so many great tunes out in the summer of 06 that two mixes were done in July. The Hott 22 mix of Helpless could be heard in my car most of the summer of 06. Everyone's favourite - The Cure and he Cause. Great 80's track on here - Din Daa Daa, Frank Boisy remix does it justice. Timeless track to end with - Son Of Dragon. Liquid People at their best.
1) Mark Grant ft Swaylo - Shame
2) Kathy Brown - Give a Little Love (Warren Clarke Dub)
3) Decaff ft Roland Clark - Helpless (Hott 22)
4) The Rhythm Slaves - Shine On Too
5) Fish Go Deep ft Tracey K - The Cure & The Cause
6) Hardsoul ft Ron Carroll - My Life (Knee Deep Dub)
7) Grant Nelson - Spellbound
8) Raul Moros - Old Skool Flavour (Dub Injection)
9) Danny J Lewis - Ballistica (Club Mix)
10) Ian Carey - Lose Control
11) George Kranz - Din Daa Daa (Frank Boisy Mix)
12) Liquid People - Son Of Dragon
Great mix from 2006. Opens with a classic from Arnold Jarvis. Loads of quality tracks released around this time, including Ame - Rej, Masterbuilders, and the stuff you'd expect from Chandler, Ferrer, Karizma and Dave Lee.
1) Kerri Chandler ft Arnold Jarvis - Inspiration
2) Karizma - Tech This Out
3) Chuck Love - Dream Deep
4) Andy Caldwell - Don't You Love (Distance Musix Mix)
5) Masterbuilders - Blend (JnG Retweak)
6) 4 Siders - Solymas (B Tappert Mix)
7) L'isha Project - Feel (Chuck Feel You Up Vocal)
8) Groove Junkies - Paradise (Peaktime Baleric)
9) Copyright - We Can Rise (Dub)
10) Sessomatto - Movin On (Joey Negro Club)
11) Ame - Rej
12) Roomsa - Sunrise (JTs' Essential Dub)
13) Dennis Ferrer - Wonderful People
14) Kerri Chandler - Intro
June 06 was another great month for tunes. Again enough to make two mixes. Highlights on this mix for me are the Tarantulaz. Sir Piers turns out two great tracks with Angel and Can I Have It Like That. Plus an old tune from Mr Chandler from back in the day - Tears of Velva , nice jumpin bumpin house. All in all this quite a laid back mix compared to most.
1) Hardsoul - Don't Let Love Weigh you Down
2) a Lil' Louis Painting - Give It Up
3) Druw & Perez ft Don E - Bonafide (Mood II Swing)
4) A G Thomas - The 1, 2
5) Fuzion ft Wallace Grey - U (U Got Me) (Fuzion Dub)
6) Miguel Migs - Do It For You (J Jay Mix)
7) Souldeep Collective - Heaven (Heavenly Dub)
8) Jamie Lewis ft Michael Watford - It's Over
9) Tarantulaz - Can I Have It Like That
10 ) Ron Hall ft The Muthafunkas - The Way You Love Me (T.S.O.P.)
11) Matty & Monique - Now What (Dub)
12) Tears Of Vela - The Way I Feel (4 Daye Club)
13) Dennis Ferrer - Unconditional Love
14) Tarantulaz - Angel
Nothing Soulful about this mix. It has much more of a funky flavor with lot's of energy. Opens with an old Sanchez track from way back. The mix is dominated by a Shik Stylko vibe. This is a mix to turn up b4 you head out to the club.
1) Roger Sanchez - There It Is
2) Chuck Love - Spread The Love (Jamie Lewis Mix)
3) Direct Disco - Join The Disco Ride
4) Bongoloverz - Spirit Of House
5) Jay J - With Him
6) Atgar - African Tale (Shik Stylko Dub)
7) DJ Tekin - Wait Forever
8) Warren Clarke - Get It
9) Deep Josh - Back To Rhodes (Shik Stylko Mix)
10) Warren Clarke - Jazz
11) Brian Tappert - The Organ Track
12) Copyright - He Is (Ferrer & Sydenham Mix)
13) ATFC - Black Knight
This mix was put together for my leaving party when we moved to Aus. Opens with my wedding song - Inner Life - Ain't No Mountain High Enough. Loads of quality soulful gems including "Back Together", "Change", "When You Touch me" and an old classic in Dreamlover. Plus one of my all time favorite vocal tracks - "Life Ain't What It Seems" - gorgeous warm bassline. This mix is mainly MAW and Dave Lee tunes, so if you like that, you'll love this.
1) Inner Life - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
2) Dennis Ferrer & Kenny Bobien - Grateful
3) The Sunburst Band - He Is
4) MAW - When You Touch Me
5) Hardsoul - Back Together
6) Sara Devine - Life Ain't What It Seems
7) MAW - I Can't Get No Sleep
8) Erro - Change
9) Trina - Joy
10) Ron Hall ft Muthafunkas - The Way You Love Me
11) Kimara Lovelave - Misery
12) Sara Devine - Special
13) Mariah Carey - Dreamlover
14) The Sunburst Band - Just Do It
By now you've probably realised I like using the "Kissing" accapella, since it's now appeared in the last few mixes posted. This is the last time I promise! Mix opens with a huge track from back then "Swimming Places", followed by a lovely deep track from Fred Everything - "Studio C". Zazzy's - "The Funk" has a great jazzy funk feel. Mena Keys - "Break It Down" has always caused debate with my friends. I love it to death, they think it's cafe music! But those keys and the feel of the track is top quality. The mix gets fatter and tougher until an absolute gem from the old days pops up. Mr Monday - Future Funk. The intro when the beat kicks in brings out the goosebumps. Tracks ends with a Deep House anthem - Cold Getting Dumb, with another appearance form Swimming places.
1) Julien Jabre - Swimming Places
2) Fred Everything - Studio C
3) M.O.D. - Without Love
4) Zazzy - The Funk
5) Mena Keys - Break It Down
6) Yolanda Wynn - I Know You I Live You
7) Timmy Vega - Call My Name
8) Delvino & Ken M - True Love (Eduardo Delvino's Main Mix)
9) M.O.D. - Musical Perfection
10) Playgroup ft KC Flight - Front 2 The Back
11) Kerri Chandler - So Let The Wind Come
12) Born To Funk - Souma Bana (Sono Di Korsou Mix)
13) Giattano - Released Pressure (Gregor Salto)
14) Mr Monday - Phuture Funk
15) Raw Inc - Cold Getting Dumb
This mix ends with one of the most epic house music releases in the last 20 years - Quentin Harris - Let's Be Young. I remember Quentin dropping this as his last tune at his first Southport appearance. I'll never forget his silhouette up at the front on the decks while this tune filled the Powerhouse. Other great tracks on this mix are The Sunburst Band - He Is, Foremost Poets - Beside Myself, and a huge slice of funk in the form of LHK Projections - Danger Zone. You'll be reaching for your Bootsy Collins shades, jungle juicy funk!
1) Beady Belle - Hindsight
2) Blaze ft Ultra Nate - Wonderful Place
3) Rhythm Slaves - Music's In My Soul
4) Mike Grant - How Long Must I Continue
5) The Sunburst Band - He Is
6) Soul Purpose - Salsa House
7) Joey Negro - Make A Move On Me
8) Foremost Poets - Beside Myself
9) LHK Projections - Danger Zone
10) Roland Clark - First Time
11) Denise The Menace & Jerry Roper - Time To Turn Around
12) Quentin Harris - Let's Be Young
This is a good solid mix from 05 with something for everyone. Opens with Sir Piers - "She's Gone Away", top notch soulful house. Mark Grant - "Touch Me" is a filthy old track from 95! Things stay dirty but go all French with Torre - "Corps A Corps". Brian Tapperts' mix of "Streets Of Moscow" is full of energy and sax and very typical of his style in 05. Highlight of the mix for me is P Funkateers "Final Fling" deep down and dirty just how we like it. There's a slice of gospel house with "Celebrate", before we finish off with "Moonshine". How we doin out there tonight? Are we ready to party? I said are we ready to party?!
1) Sir Piers - She's Gone Away
2) Mark Grant - Touch Me.
3) Notenshun - Soul Music
4) K Klass - Dance With Me
5) Torre - Corps A Corps
6) Shake - Off The Cuff
7) Olav Basoski - Streets Of Moscow
8) P Funkateers - Final Fling
9) Shawn Christopher - You Can Make It
10) Matt Caseli - Regina's Sax Track
11) Deepswing & Redsoul - Celebrate
12) Skylark - That's More Like It
13) M.O.D. - Moonshine
One of my favourite soulful mixes, this has a great relaxed summer feel. Mix starts with Sandy Rivera on a soulful tip. The guy has a very varied production style, but when he does this genre, he's hard to beat. If you asked me for my definitive sound it would have to be "Heartbeat" by Central Avenue. Whenever I hear a track of that style it's guaranteed to end up in a mix. Simon Grey produces some of the richest sounding soulful house around, with a great voice too and The Galactica Suite is no exception. Reel People's "Rain" had a very different feel in 2005, introducing broken beats to a 4/4 dominated sound. The last few tracks on the mix have a latin/tribal feel. Had to wait a long time to get my hands on Audiowhores remix of "Mister Sinister", but it was worth the wait. We finish with another great Copyright track - "Essence Of Life". If you like your music on a soulful tip, this is a mix for you.
1) KOT - Another Day
2) Central Avenue - Heartbeat
3) Liquid People - See The Stars
4) Kolai Krew - Take It Back
5) Andre Harris - Get Down Africa
6) Simon Grey -The Galactica Suite
7) Reel People - Rain
8) Jon Cutler & Michael Watford - Watcha Gonna Do
9) Graceland ft Billie - Just A Little Bit
10) Ron Hall & The Mothafunkas - The Way You Love Me
11) Hardsoul - Bouncin
12) Kokolo -Mister Sinister (WOM Remix)
13) Copyright - Essence Of Life
First of all I've got to give a big shout to the guys at Podomatic who have increased my storage space so I can bring you more mixes. Thanks guys, much appreciated.
This mix is another one from the vaults. This is the tougher big brother to July 05 Vol2 with the overiding sound being the electronic latin sound from the summer of 05. We open with HCCR and "What Happened" and you can tell from the off that this is a big mix. Next up is my favourite mix of the classic "4 The Love" with Karizma adding his trademark sound. Grant Nelson turned out two quality tracks in the summer of 05, "Life" and "So Special" and they're both on here. We then take a trip down the quirky Latin road with my first introduction to Shik Stylko. "Musica" was released in Oct 04, but I didn't discover it until July 05! Fair to say once I discovered RealBasic I went a bit crazy as we have another two tracks from the label on here, "If We" and O Amor" both with that great electronic latin vybe that now seems to have dissapeared. This is a mix for the beach and will hopefully bring the memories of the summer of 05 flooding back.
1) HCCR - What Happened"
2) Karizma ft DJ Spen - 4 The Love (Karizma Remix)
3) Sandy Rivera - Just Won't Do
4) Grant Nelson - Life (Original)
5) Grant Nelson - So Special (Club Mix)
6) Shik Stylko - Musica (Club Mix)
7) Kiko Navarro - Xel Ha (Main Mix)
8) D'Stephanie - If We (Shik Stylko Remix)
9) P Funkateers - Final Fling (Groove Assasins Original P Funk)
10) Herd & Lang - The Musics Got Me
11) Roog Greg - Uber (Original)
12) Jerry Ropero - Curacao
13) Shik Stylko ft Lady Lago - O Amor (Dub Mix)
14) DJ Ino - It's Around (Kemal's Salida Del Sol Mix)
One of my favourite mixes packed full of gems, I can still remember driving round the English countryside on a rare hot summers day just after finishing the mix, with the sunroof open and stereo up LOUD. Mix opens with "Free" by Stephanie Mills which had a recent revival. 8th Wonder is one of my favourite Hott 22 releases, pure summer madness. Trina Broussard - "Joy" needs no introduction, quite simply one of the best house tracks ever made. Another track that went on to huge things is Kerri Chandler - "Bar A Thym". I spent every last ounce of energy in my body going mental to that track at SPW 37 at 5am! DJ Meme gets the blood pumping with Viva, before Louie Vega and Mr V bring things to a close with the excellent "V Get's Jazzy". Crack out your cowbell!
1) Stephanie Mills - Free
2) Christian Alvarez - Sophisticated Groove
3) Peter Mawanga - Enya
4) Hott 22 - 8th Wonder
5) Trina Broussard - Joy
6) Lovebox - Love You More Everyday
7) Ron Hall ft The Muthafunkas - The Way You Love Me
8) Kerri Chandler - Back To The Raw
9) Soulmagic - Come on Come On
10) The Coffee Kidz - Casa Loco
11) Kerri Chandler - Bar A Thym
12) Bobby Blanco & Miki Moto - Black Sugar
13) DJ Meme pres Mandela - Viva
14) Louie Vega ft Mr V - V Gets Jazzy
This is a great mix from the archives with something for everyone. We start off deep with "Lydia Song" before taking in a Karizma classic - "Music". Mr V is up next with the very slick "Something Wit Jazz". Couple of vocal tracks next including the excellent "Runnin" by Jon Cutler. "La Casa Del Jazz" is a cheeky little Latin number from Crico Castelli that took me over a year to track down. "4 The Love" must have been one of the most famous house tunes of 05, you could hear it everywhere. Nu Rhythmix - "Origins" is a quality track that had a great urban tribal feel to it, the kind of track that sounds great driving through London at night. I apologise for the next track, sounds so cheesy listening to it now, don't know what I was I thinking at the time! However I redeemed myself with the La Fiesta Sound System, hailing from Sydney with "Dancando", a tune to put a smile on your face whatever the weather. We finish up with "Trumpet Funk", one of my last Subliminal purchases before it all got too heavy for me. This was a great mix to rediscover, I hope you think so too.
1) Blacque House Samplestrumental - Lydia Song
2) Karizma - Music
3) Mr V - Somethin Wit Jazz
4) Jon Cutler - Runnin
5) Monkey Brothers - Invisible
6) Cricco Castelli - La Casa Del Jazz
7) Karizma Lovelace - Misery
8) RSL - The Mast
9) Joey Negro - Scattering Stars
10) Karizma ft DJ Spen - 4 The Love
11) Copyright ft Imaani - Time
12) Nu Rhythmix - Origins
13) Bon Garcon - Freek U
14) La Fiesta Sound System - Dancando
15) Gordon Edge - Trumpet Funk
This mix from the archives opens with a great summer sizzler. Bah Samba's "Portuguese Love", a warm Latin beat with great vocals over the top. The next few tracks are a great example of smooth house, leading up to the timeless "Special" by Sara Devine. Jazz Sensation serve up a cheeky little number with "Just Like That". As is always the case when a new Miss Scott album comes out, a HUGE number of tracks and remixes were about in early 05. My favourite was Grant Nelsons mix of Golden, absolute top shelf rump shaking ripeness. Things stay nice n spicey with Pepe Link's "Kalakuta" - Africa in the House! Back in 05 Audiowhores were putting out some great funky stuff, "Subject Of My Affection" was one of their best with a very infectious synth riff. This mix was done back in the day when Soulfuric ruled the roost, Rawsoul's mix of Donna Allen's "He Is The Joy" captures everything great about the label at the time. The mix ends with a track I hunted down for ages. Jazz 'N' Grooves mix of David Bendeth's 1979 "Feel The Reel" - Ba da ba ba ba deh yah!
1) Bah Samba - Portuguese Love
2) Soul Creation - Nia's Spiritual Journey
3) Simon Aston - Can I Get
4) Shawn Christopher - You Can Make It
5) Arnold Jarvis - Beautiful Love
6) Sara Devine - Special
7) Jazz Sensation - Just Like That
8) Jill Scott - Golden (Grant Nelson Remix)
9) Pepe Link - Kalakuta
10) Audiowhores - Subject Of My Affection
11) Donna Allen - He Is The Joy (Rawsoul Mix)
12) Rasmus Faber - Get Over Here
13) David Bendeth - Feel The Reel (JnG Mix)
This months mix open with a Southport anthem. "Cloud 9" by Donnie. Great vocals and a huge catchy vybe, timeless. Next up is my introduction to Shur I Khan with "Generations", which mixes really well into Cloud 9 and was a sign of great things to come from a top producer. "Show Me" was the first and probably still my favourite release on the Soul Groove label. Back in 04 Copyright had a much more soulful sound as "Release Yourself" shows. We then head over to the West Coast for a slice of Kaskade with "Safe". The opening accapella "The Rhythm Of life" at the start of the mix is a teaser for the full on version in the mix. Top shelf soulful house at it's best with India in top form yet again. Grant Nelson serves up a big piece of piano fueled feel good house with the legendary Ce Ce Rogers. We have a bit of German madness courtesy of Sykes N Sugarstarr with the highly infectious "Release Your Mind". Next is arguably the most famous release of 2004. Blaze with "Precious Love", sadly overplayed for me, and often in the wrong venues (hence the reason it never appears in any of my "Best Ofs"). Was blinding when it first came out though! More clap your hands happy gospel house with "King of Kings". Finishing off with the Dutch Duo, Hardsoul and "Committed". All up quite a chirpy upbeat cheeky chappy type of mix. Happy bouncing!
1) Donnie - Cloud 9
2) Shur I Kan - Generations
3) Shaheer Willians ft Stephanie Cooke - Show Me
4) Bob Sinclar - World Of Love
5) Copyright ft Tastia D'mour - Release Yourself
6) Kaskade - Safe
7) Connie Harvey - Thank You Lord
8) The Keith Thompson Project - The Rhythm Of Life
9) Grant Nelson ft Ce Ce Rogers - Come On & Dance
10) Sykes 'n' Sugastarr - Release Your Mind
11) Blaze ft Barbara Tucker - Precious Love
12) Phil Hooton ft Testament - King Of Kings
13) Hardsoul - Committed
This is one of my favourite mixes and was absolutely cained for months back in 04/05. Opens with a Jo Claussel signature tune from 1981 yes 1981, 28 years old and still sounds superb. Inner Life - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" remixed by the legendary Larry Levan - proof that a quality track can truly stand the test of time. The Coffee Kidz produced a catchy quirky number with "Dangerous Frequencies". Three solid vocal tracks follow with "Freedom", "Release Yourself" and "Thank You Lord". Jill Scott gets the Wookie treatment, and what a treatment. Not very often that two mixes of a track can sound so different but equally as fantastic. Wookies mix of "Golden" is more laid back than the Grant Nelson mix, but is still top drawer. Trying to decide which one to play is like having an Aston Martin and a Ferrari in your garage and trying to decide which one you should pop down to the shops in. Next up is a track I hunted down for months. First heard on a Paul Farris summer mix, the bassline on Phatt Swedes, "He Belongs To Me" makes your car rumble and stays in your head for days. The next four tracks are pure summer latin madness. "Rosa Nova" was and still is a huge track. "Di Bamba" is a cheeky rump shaker. Grant Nelsons mix of "Viva L'Amour" makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when the break drops. "Inspiracao" is another one of my favourite latin house tunes from 04. We then shift gears again to a big room hands in the air stormer with "Time Of Our Lives". Last but by no means least we finish with "Gabryelle", a tune picked up by Defected. I'm going to be biased and say the accapella picks the track up that little bit more, but then I would say that!! Every now and then you get a month where every tune you pick up is a gem. November 2004 was one of those months. Now crank it up and jump around your house like a nutter! Let the groove release your mind, keep on dancing all the time.
1) Inner Life - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
2) Bongoloverz ft A'Tonic - Power Of Music
3) The Coffee Kidz - Dangerous Frequencies
4) Inaya Day & Jackii Gilford - Freedom
5) Copyright ft Tasita D'Amour - Release Yourself
6) Connie Harvey - Thank You Lord
7) Jill Scott - Golden (Wookie Remix)
8) The Phatt Swede - He Belongs To Me
9) Hanna Hais - Rosa Nova
10) Born To Funk - Di Bamba
11) Physics - Viva L'Amour
12) Praful - Inspiracao
13) Marriott & Brown - Time Of Our Lives
14) DJ Technics - Gabryelle
This mix from the archives is often forgotten, but whenever I do put it on it brings a smile to my face. First track is from Marlon D - "The UC Anthem" enough warm bass to boil an egg. Next up a nice vocal track from One51 with the sultry sound of Heidi Vogel "Bring To Me Your Life". One of my many favourite tracks from 04 - "Somehow Somewhere (There's a soul heaven). Dave Lee played the next track "Turn Me Loose" at Southport 33 big slice of funk. The next track is a bit of Dutch quirk, Hardsoul with "Eskudad" gets in your head and stays there all day. We then head over to South America for a latin shake with "Eu Vou Levar" (even though it's French!) and NV's "Pega La Vuelta" with one of the best build ups of 04. Makes the hairs on your neck stand up. Apologies for the "To Be In Love" accapella on the next track "Fusion", thought it would be a good idea, it wasn't, and sounds utter poo, but hey we all make mistakes!! The next track and accapella hopefully make up for it, "Cross Da Universe" is a shake your booty tune, with an accapella to match "In The Music". More Dutch latin woodwind madness with "Inspiracao". "Rise" was a good old four to the floor stomper for breaking a sweat to. More French house from Monica Nogueira with "Infancia Magica". MOD did a great job on "Well It's" another disco biscuit. We end with a track from 96, DJ Sneaks "Reachin", yet more disco mash. All up another "something for everyone" mix, with a couple of dodgy accapellas thrown in for good measure!
1) Marlon D - The UC Anthem
2) One51 - Bring me To Your Life
3) Deep Sensation - Somehow Somewhere (There's A Soul Heaven)
4) MOD - Turn Me Loose
5) Hardsoul - Eskudad
6) Monica Nogueira - Eu Vou Levar
7) NV - Pega La Vuelta
8) Musaphia & Mayhem - Fusion
9) Eric Davenport & Gabriel D Vine - Cross Da Universe
10) Praful - Inspiracao
11) Soul Providers - Rise
12) Monica Nogueira - Infancia Magica
13) MOD - Well It's
14) DJ Sneak - Reachin
This mix again has quite a soulful latin feel. The first three tracks have a great smooth soulful feel. Jazz N Grooves mix of Louie Vegas - Mozalounge could be heard in clubs and bars up and down the UK. One of my favourite Copyright tracks follows - Mato Grosso, one of my favourite trakcs of 04, plus the flip side was great too - Zamaleya. Dave Lee dropped an old mix of "Love You Feel" at Southport in May 04. As a result the Soul Avengerz mix released later that year went down a treat. The mix ends with a chilled mix of Knee Deeps - Won't let You Down.
1) RIP - Paradise Garage
2) Native New Yorkers - Clevelands Groove
3) Mike Delgado - Phunk Carnival
4) Scientific Soul - Teus Olhos
5) MiniCooler - Spacejam
6) Soulmagic - Yah Yah
7) Copyright - Zamalaya
8) Louie Vega - Mozalounge
9) Copyright - Mato Grosso
10) Danny Marquez - Afrocatalans
11) Native New Yorkers - All Around The World
12) Soul Avengerz - Love You Feel
13) Brian Tappart & Grant Nelson - The Only Way
14) Knee Deep - I Won't Let You Down
There were a whopping great 4 mixes done in August 2004. Some of the tracks feature in multiple mixes, but this one was the original and has a very different feel. This was the month I got my hands on the classic Sunburst Band album "Until The End Of Time" as you will be able to tell! Mix starts off with a great London Garage track that I used to love back in the mid 90's "Mellow Works". We then jump across the pond for "Clevelands Groove" before a meeting with "The Boss" courtesy of the Braxtons! Galaxy People gave a great jazzy feel to "Talking All That Jazz" on "A Mystical Journey". The screw gets turned a little with the rolling bass of "Circulo Dos Chifres" before we get a taste of Jay Kay via Native New Yorkers' "All Around The World". The mix ends with not one, not two, but three tracks from the aforementioned Sunburst Band and they're all crackers. Another old UK garage track is thrown in there too "Jazz From The Heart" to give the mix a different feel than usual. If you never bought the Sunburst Band album, this mix should give you enough reason to get out and hunt it down.
1) RIP - Mellow Works
2) Native New Yorkers - Clevelands Groove
3) The Braxtons - The Boss
4) Agora Rhythm - New Hope
5) Latin One - Mi Veda
6) Galaxy People - A Mystical Journey
7) Right On Brothers - Circulo Dos Chifres
8) Native New Yorkers - All Around The World
9) DJ Meri - Everything
10) The Sunburst Band - Just Do It
11) 24 Hour Experience - Jazz From The Heart
12) The Sunburst Band - Until The Of Time
13) The Sunburst Band - We Will Turn You On
This is another great mix from the summer of 2004. Mix starts with Copyrights excellent remix of MAW "I Can't Get No Sleep". We then go on a tribal Latin trip with "Si Weka", "Lei Lo Lai" and the Audiowhores "Lifts Me Up" and "Nekoosa". Next up it's the soulful vocal section. "No Pressure" is a great track that I never heard anyone play out anywhere, EVER! Shame because it's a great track. John Cutler serves up a gem with "Dawn". We then have a bit of Liquid People back to back. "Don't You Go Away" is a real quirky little track, very catchy. "Our Way" is based on a sample off "Come and Be Gone" by Kenny Dope under his Bucketheads guise. We then go all out to get your ass shaking with Bobby Blancos "3am", followed by Wikkamans "Just That Way". Mix ends with a bit of Caribbean rump, Havana Funks "Bakiri Ban". This is a mix for the beach, so one to listen to now for you guys in the southern hemisphere, and one to get you warmed up for next summer for you northerners! Don't be put off by the age of this mix, it's a vintage and gets better with age!
1) MAW - I Can't Get No Sleep (Copyright Remix)
2) One51 - Si Weka
3) The Latin Project - Lei Lo Lai
4) Audiowhores - Lifts Me Up
5) Audiowhores - Nekoosa
6) Soul Providers - No Pressure
7) Jon Cutler - Dawn
9) Liquid People - Don't You Go Away
10) Bobby Blanco - 3am
11) Wikkaman - Just That Way
12) Havana Funk - Bakiri Ban
Here is another gem from the summer of 04. This mix has more of a disco funk feel to it and was heavily inspired by the May Southport Weekender that year. We waste no time and get stuck straight in with the vocal stuff with "Best Of Me". In fact there is something to sing along to almost all the way through. Simon Grey doesn't produce much in his own name, but when he does it's a bit special and "Prophecy" is proof of that. The next track is so velvety smooth that even the artist sounds sweet, Ambrosia with "That's How Much I Love You". Next track "Cooky's" was an obscure white label from Jamie Lewis and pretty hard to track down for a while. It was recently released officially on Purple and about time. We then have more of the sweet stuff from the legend that is Roy Ayers with "Sugar". Frankie Knuckles provides a good old fashioned hark back to the old days with "Back N Da Day". Grant Nelson gets in on the act with "Feelin The Light". Next up is Dave Lee with the Sunburst Band and "Fly Away", disco house at it's best. I must have really had a thing for Bobby Blancos' "3am" as it appeared in both this mix as well as July 04, and it's not often that happens. Looking back now the mix then seems to go all commercial, but I promise you when this was done neither "Lola's Theme" nor "Strings Of Life" could be heard down at the travelling fair or your local supermarket, or your Mum in the kitchen while washing up!!!! The mix finishes back in the early 90's following on from the "Strings of Life" theme with "Shock The Beat". One of my favourite put a smile on yer face tracks of all time. Just good old fashioned Italo Piano House from the old days. This isn't the version I normally play, but I fancied a change and this one ain't half bad either!
1) Belita Woods & Leroy Burgess - Best Of Me
2) Simon Grey - Prophecy
3) Ambrosia - That's How Much I Love You
4) Jamie Lewis & Nick Morris - Cooky's
5) Roy Ayers - Sugar
6) Frankie Knuckles - Back N Da Day
7) G's - Feelin The Light
8) The Sunburst Band - Fly Away
9) Bobby Blanco - 3am
10) Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme
11) Sound Central - Strings of Life
12) Electric Choc - Shock The Beat
This mix has a latin vybe right the way through it. Since sax is making a comeback, what better way to start than with Mondo Grosso - Souffles H. This was the time when I first heard Audiowhores and Copyright and they both have two great tracks each on here. Both on a latin tip. First up "Lifts Me Up", and Nekoosa for Audiowhores and Bulo and Samba for Copyright. Also the first time I heard Rasmus Faber and what a peach, Ever After is one of the happiest tracks in house! After that it's time to crack out the caipirinha and get your fancy footwork going! This mix harks back to a time when Soulfuric and it's affiliates ruled the word and you can see why.
1) Mondo Grosso - Souffles H (What A Sensation Beats)
2) Audiowhores - Lifts Me Up
3) Sandy Rivera - Flowing
4) Audiowhores - Nekoosa
5) Rasmus Faber - Ever After
6) Junior Jack - ESamba
7) Ritmo Da Rua - Universal Love
8) Copyright - Bulo
9) Negrocan - Aquela Esquina
10) Hardsoul - Passion Da Gozar
11) Sykes N Sugarstar - Ticket 2 Ride
12) Matt Caselli - Regina's Porn Track
13) Copyright - Samba
14) Southern Divide - Ate O Amenhecer
We go digging in the vaults for this release. Must be a sign of getting old, but I still remember listening to this first time round like it was yesterday. In fact I still remember mixing the first two tracks as it's one of my favourite track mixes. The mix maybe old, but most of the tracks are even older. Dajae "All Over My Face" from 94 and "The Question" by Terrence Parker from 93 which made a recent appearance in the C2E October 2010 mix start things off. This mix is full of tracks from the 90's, must have been feeling nostalgic even in 2003. Barbara Walkers' "Saved Me" is the exception but still has a classic old style US house feel, rich strings and production. "Pennies From Heaven" is an all time favourite from 92, not the first and definitely not the last time it will appear in a C2E mix. Urban Blues Project - "Heaven" was the first release on Soulfuric back in 96 from the already hugely successful duo of Brian Tappart and Marc Pomeroy. Little did we know of the legacy this label and it's affiliates would leave, but this first release was certainly a great sign of things to come. We stay in the same year for a MAW gem, Lood with Shout 'N' Out. Great big smile on yer face track. Mass Syndicate keep that Gospel feel in the mix with "You Don't Know". The tempo is upped again with "Drama" by Soul Theory. The next track was almost ruined in the late 90's with very cheesy mainstream mashups, but credit where it's due "Let's Groove" by George Morel from 94 is one hell of a tune. The mix then stays in the present (well 2003) with a blend of Latin and funk tracks interwoven. "Blackwater" was given a second wind by Grant Nelson recently, but this is the original release complete with infamous MLK accapella. The mix ends with one of my favourite Soulfuric releases. It epitomises the sound which for me will always be associated with the label. It was a great time to be into house and hopefully this mix will bring back great memories for you too.
1) Dajae - Is it All Over My Face
2) Seven Grand Housing Authority - The Question
3) Barbara Walker -Saved Me
4) Inner City - Pennies From Heaven
5) UBP pres Mother Of Pearl - Your Heaven
6) Lood - Shout 'N' Out
7) Mass Syndicate - You Don't Know
8) Soul Theory - Drama
9) George Morel - Let's Groove
10) Sykes N Sugarstar - Ticket 2 Ride
11) Earth People - Dance
12) Hardsoul - Latino Directions
13) Pound Boys - Behind The Groove
14) Octave One - Blackwater
15) Deepstar - Sugar
Smooth Soulful House Vibe. one of the oldest mixes of the series. Southport Classics like Days Like These, Backfired & Back Together, plus my favourite Earnshaw track, People R People, sheer class. Plenty to sing along to!
1) Shaun Escoffery - Days Like These
2) Jody Watley - Photographs
3) Ben Watt - Lone Cat
4) Donna Allen - He Is The Joy
5) Blaze - We Are One
6) Richard Earnshaw - People R People
7) Grant nelson - Feel The Music
8) Masters At Work - Backfired
9) Richard Earnshaw - Tell Her
10) Hardsoul ft Ron Carrol - Back Together
11) Copyright - Late At Night
12) Richard Earnshaw - Joyride
13) Sir Piers - Don't You Love Me
This is a mix covering tracks from early 2002. Opens up with a MAW fest featuring, Butterfly, Our Time is Coming and Loot. We then go into sing along mode with great tracks from Full Intension, Stella Browne and Monkey Brothers. Knee Deeps 212th St Hustle is a great dirty funky little number. One of my all time favourite Sandy Rivera tracks is Aurei - Life. Big huge fat stinking beat. We finish off with a Strictly Rhythm release of Live Element, which uses a sample of Belinda Carlisle's - Live Your Life Be Free!! I know, it sounds scary, but it really works.
1) MAW ft Patti Austin - Butterfly
2) Roy Ayers - Our Time Is Coming
3) Mafikizolo - Loot
4) Full Intension - What Do You Want From Me
5) Stella Browne - Never Knew Love
6) Monkey Brothers - Some Of What You Got
7) UBP - We Are One
8) Knee Deep - 212th St Hustle
9) Soul Avengerz - I Can't Stop
10) Bob Sinclar - Save Our Souls
11) ATFC - Sleep Talk
12) Aurei - Life
13) Live Element - Be Free
This mix is a best of selection from my mate Mark Burns. He usually goes through the C2E mixes for the year, selects his favourites and then I put them together in a mix, to save his skip button from breaking. The guy just can't let a mix play through! You'll notice a deep theme throughout the mix. That's cos he's a Ferrer, Chandler, Spen and Harris nut.
1) The Late Boys - Can't Stop Dancing
2) Lovebirds - The Sound
3) DJ Oji & Una - We Lift Our Hands To The Sanctuary
4) Lisa Millet - When I'm Dancing (DJ Spen's Alternate Vocal)
5) Danny Clark & Jay Benham ft SuSu Bobien - Wondrous (Muthafunkas Remix)
6) RyRalio DJs ft Nica Brooke - Dance Out Loud (Nacho Marco Vocal Remix)
7) Z Factor - We'll Keep Climbing (Joey Negro Club Mix)
8) Shik Stylko - Alaska
9) Cbass & Mikobene - Super Pussy (Milton Jackson Remix)
10) The Sunburst Band - Journey To The Sun (Dennis Ferrer Mix)
11) Ranura De Alma - Mariposa (Word Of Mouth Mix)
12) Back To Fundamentals by Miamik (Llorca) - Insatiable (Original)
13) Klement Bonelli - The Revival EP (DJ Spens Soulectric Mix)
14) Eddie Amador - House Music (Message Mix)
15) Quentin Harris ft Jason Walker - Can't Stop (Groove Assassin Remix)
16) Restless Soul feat. Shea Soul - Tricks (Main Vocal)
I'm going to make this disclaimer right at the start. This mix is pure cheddar. However it is the finest cheddar known to man. Nothing soulful or deep, just a collection of some of the most famous tracks in the history of house. 88-92 the good old days, the golden era, when at least five or six classics were released every week. You could only buy them on vinyl and the sleeves were as crazy as the tunes. There has never been a time like it since, and sadly there probably never will be again. Those that were there to experience it were truly lucky and will tell you so. I still remember the first track I ever heard in a club. It was Electric Choc - Shock the beat. Yes I'd been listening to the tapes from clubland for a couple of years, but the minute I heard that beat kick in I knew I'd found a friend for life, and me and my friend have had some great nights over the years. You'll notice I haven't even mentioned the other tracks yet. That's because they need no introduction. Let's see how many you remember losing the plot to! Piano please!!
1) Jazz & The Brothers Grimm - Casanova
2) Seduction - Your My One And Only True Love
3) House Of Venus - Dish And Tell
4) Problem House - Party People
5) Pierre Feroldi - Moving Now
6) Expose - Tell Me Why
7) Katherine E - Feelin Good
8) Solo - Come On
9) Dynamic Noise - Do You Fell Alright
10) Brother In Rhythm - Such A Good Feelin
11) Pin Up Girls - Take Me Away
12) Electric Choc - Shock The Beat
13) N Joi - The Anthem
14) Brothers In Rhythm - Peace N Harmony
15) Tom Salta - The New Generation
16) Ralphi Rosario - You Used To Hold Me
17) Todd Terry - Weekend
18) Joe Smooth - Promised Land
19) Shades Of Rhythm - Sound Of Eden
20) Jimi Polo - Better Days
21) Flim Flam Tolga Balkan - Shall We Do It Again
22) 4 For Money - A Moment In Time
23) Fierce Rulin Divas - Rubb It In
Now come up for air, and let's do it all again!! Enjoy!
Here we go then with the second mix in the C2E classics series. This one is all about US garage. The classic sounds from 91-93. Takes me back to Danza at Oz in Blackpool, I was only 16 years old, but blown away with the quality of the music they were playing.
Some stand out gems, Margaret Conway, Yo! Bots, UPI (One of the best house tunes ever made!!!!), Degrees of Motion and of course Inner City.
I'm sure everyone has their favourites but these are mine and hopefully you'll enjoy them too.
1) World Series Of Love - Spread Love
2) Outrage - Drives Me Crazy
3) Subterania - Do It For Love
4) Shay Jones - Are You Gonna Be There
5) Margaret Conway - Sure Shot
6) Pam Fernandez - Make That Move
7) Yo! Bots - I Got It
8) Supereal - Body Medusa
9) Nice Psycho - Tonight
10) Hardrive - Sindae (MAW Dub)
11) UPI - That String Track (My Love Away)
12) ACR - 27 Forever
13) My Friend Sam - It's My Pleasure
14) Clivilles & Cole - Pride (A Deeper Love)
15) T-empo - Saturday Night, Sunday Morning
16) Degrees Of Motion - Do You Want It Right Now (King St Mix)
17) MK - Burning
18) Inner City - Pennies From Heaven
Third release in the classics series. This is straight up house from 91-93. Anyone that had the old Sasha @ Universe tape will know a few of these along with a few classics from Legends in Warrington. This mix is packed full of tunes that will take you back. Blimey I forgot how much harder mixing old vinyl was compared to the new digital stuff. Kids these days don't know how easy they've got it!
Crank it up and enjoy!
1) Coco Steel & Lovebomb - Feel It
2) D.O.P. - Groovy Beat
3) System 7 - Miracle
4) Solution - Feels So Right
5) Smells Like Heaven - Rhythm De Londres
6) Robert Owens - I'll Be Your Friend
7) Future Sound Of London - Papua New Guinae
8) Cool Jack - Just Come
9) UPI - She's A Freak
10) Nush - Nush
11) Deja Vu - Move Your Waistline
12) Bustergroove - Find Someone
13) TC 1991 - Berry
14) Gat Decor - Gat Decor
15) Lisa Lisa & The Cult - Let The Beat Him Em
16) Restless Rockers - Restless
17) My Friend Sam - It's My Pleasure
18) Funk Machine - I've Closed The Door
19) Clubland - Lovestrain
20) Korda - Move Your Body
Here we go then, fourth release in the classics series. For those that were into house from the early days this should bring the memories flooding back. Tracks are from 88 to 93 and captures the different styles from the era.
Too many great tracks too mention, so just crank it up and enjoy. Let's see how many you remember?
1) Metropolis - Metropolis
2) Direct - Two Fatt Guitars (Babetastic mix)
3) Anticapella - 2Sq231
4) Metropolis - Hyporeel
5) DJ Professor - Rock Me Steady
6) Zero B - Lock Up
7) TC 1991 - Berry
8) Rhythm Section - Feel The Rhythm
9) Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm
10) Young MC - Know How
11) Sil - Windows
12) Bump - I'm Rushing
13) Gongo - Masterblaster
14) Zoogie - Forever On
15) Bizarre Inc - Playing With Knives
16) Shades Of Rhythm - Extasy
17) K KIass - Rhythm Is A Mystery
18) Xpansions - Elevation
19) Little Louie & Marc Anthony - Ride The Rhythm
20) The SOULSYSTEM - It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day
This is another release from the archives. The mix was actually done for a brazilian girl that worked at our gym when we lived in the UK back in 2004. I'd wanted to do a whole mix of great latin sounds for a while, and she gave me the perfect excuse. Mix opens with a track by Todd Terry, not that you'd guess, although it still has that big trademark kick, it will remind you Brits of racing Snails and Guinness! Grant Nelson released a couple of stormers on Swing City by Negrocan, a group of musicians from across South America and London. Both tracks are on here, first up is Cada Vez which still sounds great today, especially on a hot summers day. We then have one of my favourite Louie Vega releases of all time, Circa De Mi has a real racey beat, and is sheer class. Listening to Samba by Copyright you would swear the boys were from the streets of Brazil, not London. Back when the mix was done it seemed every country was having a go at the old latin stuff. Next up, the French in the form of Monica Noguaira tunrning out a great track with Eu Vou Levar, great song to sing along to. Rasmus Faber puts Sweden on the Map with Ever After one of my favourite tracks from 04. Not to be outdone the Dutch put in a stormer, Hardsouls "Latino Directions" is a firey little number. This is a great mix for summer. Yes I know you guys in the Northern half of the world have to wait till next year, but I'm off to the beach tomorrow to enjoy the warm sunshine and listen to some great latin house.
1) Gypsymen - Babarabatiri
2) Negrocan - Cada Vez
3) Louie Vega - Cerca De Mi
4) The Latin Project - Lei Lo Lai
5) Copyright - Samba
6) Negrocan - Aquela Esquina
7) Monica Noguaira - Eu Vou Levar
8) Awa Band - Timba
9) Mini Coola - Spacejam
10) Rasmus Faber - Ever After
11) Hardsoul - Latin Directions
12) Southern Divide - Ate O Amanhecer
Enjoy! - or should that Disfrutar!
Second mix in the Latin house series. This mix is more upbeat than volume one, so why not play them back to back and Salsa round your lounge all night long! Starts off with a track from way back in 1994, "I Like It Like That" by the Blackout Allstars. I remember hearing it all over Sheffield that year, great track. We crack out the guitar for the first but certainly not last time with a bit of "Tues Olhos". The Swedes then drop by with "Supra Sumo" before our first taste of madness courtesy of Musaphia & Mayem with "Fusion". "Rosa Nova" was a huge hit when it first came out, and one of Hanna Hais' finest cuts. I have always loved the next track "Brasil Over Zurich" a real cheeky little number, very catchy. For some reason always makes me think of Brazilian fans at the world cup - the girls of course! Danny Marquez & Ferry B get your hands clapping with "Afrocatalans". It's percussion time with "Havanna Funk", just grab some spoons and jam along on your steering wheel on the way to work. The people staring at you at the lights will understand if you wind the window down! The breakdown in "Viva L'Amore always gives me goosebumps just as the guitar kicks in, top drawer stuff form Mr Nelson. There is yet another great breakdown with "Universal Love", Mr Tappert at his best. The next track "Cudabata" is just pure energy, which is intensified further when the Air Macks from "The Bomb" flirt in the background. The mix closes out with "Guitarra G", which I'll admit I stole the "Finally" accepella over the top from Mr Vega at Southport. It sounded great, so I thought it only fair to let everyone that wasn't there hear it too! (Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!)
1) Blackout Allstars - I Like It Like That
2) Scientific Soul - Teus Olhos
3) SUMO - Supra Sumo
4) Musaphia & Mayem - Fusion
5) Hanna Hais - Rosa Nova
6) Tangachicks - Brasil Over Zurich
7) Danny Marquez & Ferry B - Afrocatalans
8) Delvino & Ken M - Ritmo Carimbo
9) Bakiri Ban - Havana Funk
10) Physics - Viva L'Amore
11) Matt Caseli - Regina's Porn Track
12) Ritmo Da Rua - Universal Love
13) Tom Da Neef - Cudabata
14) Banda Sonora - Guitarra G
First mix of 2011 is the third release in the Latin House series. The tracks are mainly from 2004/05 when there seemed to be an abundance of quality latin inspired and infused house. This is the most uptempo of the series so far and at times we have a Soca and tribal feel to the rhythm. The mix starts off pretty laid back with Portuguese love which you may recognise from the March 05 mix, but then quickly ups the pace for pretty much the remainder of the mix. The last track is a great tune by DJ Jorj who know resides in Melbourne, so laid back, perfect sunset track. Lots of favourites in here with Mozalounge, Voodance, Viva, Kalakuta and Mato Grosso. Perfect for your Salsa class.
1) Bah Samba - Portuguese love
2) Jazz Sensation - Just Like That
3) Julien Jabre - Voodance
4) Louie Vega - Mozalounge (Jazz-n-Groove Mix)
5) Soulmagic - Yah Yah
6) Praful - Inspiracao
7) DJ Meme pres Mandela - Viva
8) Pepe Link - Kalakuta
9) Noel Nanton - El Rey (Olav Basoski Mix)
10) Negrocan - Aquela Esquina
11) Copyright - Mato Grosso
12) Right On Brothers - Circulo Dos Chifres
13) Medusa - Pasilda
14) DJ Jorj - Till I see The Sun
MAW, a name synonymous with house music of the highest quality. Comprising of "Little" Louie Vega and Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez, both of whom have a discography any producer would give both their ears for. However when the two came together in the early 90's the result was spectacular. They came on very different journeys prior to meeting. Louie was already a hugely successful and respected DJ on the NY circuit originally doing Freestyle at Chez Sensual and Devils Nest, before discovering house at Heartthrob and Studio 54. Kenny Dope on the other hand had no time for the music Louie had become infamous for playing, instead he was into the Hip-Hop scene in Brooklyn. In fact at the time the name "Masters At Work" was used by Kenny Dope and Mike Delgado for their parties. However it was one of Kennys choice cuts "Salsa House" with a little help from Todd Terry that eventually brought the duo together. "One Step Ahead" was the first release by the new Vega/Gonzalez MAW, but it was far from their last! The rest as they say is history. This mix brings you the best vocal tracks produced or remixed by the Masters, either as a team or in their own right. If that doesn't put a smile on your face we are also treated to some of the sweetest voices in the history of house with India, Michael Watford, Sara Devine, Barbara Tucker and even Luther Vandross! This is only the first of many MAW tribute mixes coming up, such is the breadth and depth and of the contribution these guys have made and continue to make to this thing we call house.
1) Voices - Voices In My Mind (Original)
2) River Ocean ft India - Love & Happiness (12" Club)
3) MAW - When You Touch Me
4) Nuyorican Soul - It's Alright
5) India - To Be In Love
6) Elements of Life feat. Lisa Fischer & Cindy Mizelle - Into My Life (You Brought The Sunshine) (Main Mix)
7) Hardrive - Deep inside
8) MAW - Backfired (Joey Negro Club)
9) Sterling Ensemble & Sara Devine - Life Ain't What It Seems (Ritual Mix)
10) MAW - I Can't Get No Sleep
11) KOT ft Julie McKnight - Finally (Dance Ritual Mix)
12) Luther Vandross - Are You Using Me
13) George Levin ft Clara Hill - I Got Somebody New (MAW Mix)
14) Sara Devine - Special
Back when I did MAW Vol1 I really didn't expect it to take a year to release volume two. There are so many tracks to choose from that I thought Vol2 would be out the following month! The thing about mixing MAW tracks though is that the production is so full and so rich, it makes it tough to find gaps to slide the tracks together. Some might argue all the big tracks have already been heard in volume one, but I would disagree, nearly all my MAW faves are in here, I'm a sucker for the stripped down dub in case you haven't already noticed. MAW have made so many tracks with great openings that it was really hard to pick the first track (that took 10 months!!) In the end I went for the vocal stormer "Desire" to kick things off, hey why mess about! Track two was another toughie and after lots of experimenting Kenny Lattimore's "Days Like This" was a winner. The clock is then wound back to 1992 for Trey Lorenz "Photograph Of Mary". "Give It Up" slows the mix back down slightly, but the production is so deep it had to be done. Now the next track is cheating a little bit as Kenny Dope has only really edited the great work already done by Joey Negro who in turn was enriching the hugely talented Blaze, but it works for me, and it's my mix. No arguments over the next track, I have said it before and I'll say it again, "No Cure" is one of my favourite MAW tracks, top five stuff. I couldn't tell you exactly why, I just love it. Same again with the next track "What A Sensation" which is top three for me. I first heard it on the MOS Session 5 that the Masters created, luckily I had it on CD, otherwise it would have been worn out within weeks. Those tribal drums and synths are unreal and then to top it off India is in there too. fast forward to 2000 and we have another production rich track "Never Forget", the electric guitar has never sounded so sexy. We then come right up to date with another Kenny Dope remix and this one's legit, "Oh Lord" has a very distinct flavour. The next track is what happens when you put a crazy heap of talent in a studio together, "Beautiful People" for some is the epitome of MAW. "Oye Como Va" is another track from the MOS sessions mix again featuring the incredible vocal skills of India. If Volume One belonged to Louie, then Volume Two has Kenny all over it. "The Bomb" is aptly named. The air macks in the intro and outro are in my top three MAW tunes, yes it was commercialised in the UK, but its guaranteed to get my feet stomping every time. We have more hot stuff from Miss Tucker with "Stay Together" before heading back to Kenny's place again for an incredible mix of the Brand New Heavies "I Don't Know Why". Louie ends the mix with Sara Devine and "Take Me Home", a great track I caned to death back in 2003, vintage Vega and one of the reasons we're all addicted to this thing called house.
1) Nu Colours - Devine
2) Kenny Lattimore - Days Like This
3) Trey Lorenz - Photograph Of Mary
4) Rain a Lil Louis Painting - Give It Up
5) Blaze - Wishing You Were Here (Kenny Dope Edit)
6) Hardrive - No Cure
7) KenLou 3 - What A Sensation (Sensational Mix)
8) Hardrive 2000 - Never Forget (When You Touch Me)
9) Mishal Moore - Oh Lord (Kenny Dope Mix)
10) Barabara Tucker - Beautiful People (Underground Network Mix)
11) Tito Puente Jr & The Latin Rhy - Oye Como Va
12) Kenny Dope Presents "The Bucketheads" - The Bomb
13) Barbara Tucker - Stay Together
14) Brand New Heavies ft N'Dea Davenport - I Don't Know Why (I Love You)(Kenny Dope Mix)
15) Sara Devine - Take Me Home
This mix was put together at the back end of 2005. Only soulful tracks got into this mix. 2005 was a good year. Highlights on this mix include the debut release on Soul Grooves - Show Me, unbelievable slice of smooth and a sign of things to come on the label. The Quentin Harris mix of Trina Broussard - Joy destroyed Southport 36 and rightly so. Huge track on Hustle - The Way You Love Me. Sarah Devine - Special, it really is, crank it up. Finally no smooth vocal house mix would be complete without a Simon Grey track, so this one has The Galactica Suite. If you like your vocal soulful house, this mix has it all.
1) Sean Escoffery - She's Gone Away
2) Jon Cutler ft Michael Watford - Watcha Gonna Do
3) Shaheer Williams - Show Me
4) Arnold Jarvis - Beautiful Love
5) Blaze ft Ultra Nate - Wonderful Place
6) Trina Broussard - Joy (Quentin Harris Mix)
7) Ron Hall & The Muthafunkas - The Way You Love Me
8) Kimara Lovelace - Misery
9) Sara Devine - Special
10) No Tenshun - Soul Music
11) Simon Grey - The Galactica Suite
12) Reel People - Rain
Getting round to making this mix has taken 3 years. Naming it took almost an hour. I've never lived in London, so to me it's London Garage. Turns out Londoners have a few different names for it, each with a different sound from a different era. I guess the closest for this mix is "The Sunday Scene" from the old days. This isn't the early stuff though, must admit I only found it in early 95, a couple of years after it had all begun. This is the stuff I cut my teeth on and developed my mixing style with. Back in 95/96 I'd mix this stuff from dusk till dawn. Its really hard to define the sound to those who've never heard this music before. That's what was so exciting about it back in the day. Hadn't heard anything like it before and at the time there was a new release every week. It all started back in 1993, Grant Nelson, Simon Firmin & Dean Thackery hooked up at "The Cellar" to produce US sounding music on a London label. Nice 'N' Ripe was born. The first few releases had that NY sound and feel, but over time the sound evolved to produce a real edgy underground feel, a distinctly London vibe. The rolling beats were perfect for riding on those old trains with the really springy seats. Used to bounce all over the place, but always in time to the music! In 94 "Zest 4 Life" was created, "Deep Trouble" followed in 95. Between them they racked up an incredible 63 releases in just 3 years. This mix pays homage to the crunchy stuff released in 95/96. The culprits were Richard Purser, Warren Clarke, Grant Nelson & Simon Firmin. All of them guilty of making music you can't quite describe, but can't sit still too. If this mix makes it's way to them, a HUGE thank you for the great music you created, brings back so many great memories. Plenty more to come in this series of mixes, hopefully won't take as long for the next one. There's enough funked up twisted energy in this mix to toast your crumpets with. So clear some space in the lounge and turn the volume up, just watch that bass though, has a bit of a KICK. As for me - "I Like The Bass That Goes BOOM!"
1) 24 Hr Experience - Into The Night
2) 24 Hr Experience - Together
3) 24 Hr Experience - Take Me Up To Bed
4) The Rhythm Construction Co - Don't Blame Me
5) Pearl Necklace - On A Mission
6) 24 Hr Experience - Not Gonna Let Ya
7) R.I.P Productions - The Horns
8) Warren Clarke - Holding On
9) Richard Purser - The Boxed up Mix
10) Richard Purser - Wurly Bird
11) Richard Purser & Warren Clarke - The Grace Groove
12) Warren Clarke - Dancin'
13) Thelma Houston - I Need Somebody Tonight (Grant Nelson's Definite Dub)
14) Grant Nelson - Dance MF
15) Livin' Large - Love Is What We Need (Grant Nelson Remix)
16) Grant Nelson - In My Soul
Back in 2005 I put together the best music house had to offer from 90 to 05.
It was actually used at my wedding, but sounds great even now. Too many classics to mention. Just crank it up and enjoy! This is one of the best Soulful house mixes you'll ever hear!!
1) Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman
2) Cleptomaniacs - All I Do
3) Brand New Heavies - Dream Come True
4) Ann Consuelo - See The Day
5) Brand New Heavies - Get Back To Love
6) Erro - Change For Me
7) MK - Burning
8) Hardsoul - Back Together
9) Inner City - Pennies From Heaven
10) Mass Syndicate - U Don't Know
11) Sagat - Luv Stuff
12) My Friend Sam - It's My Pleasure
13) Funk Machine - I've Closed The Door
14) MAW ft India - Backfired
15) Jon Cutler - It's Yours
16) X Press 2 - London X Press
17) Alan Braxe - Running
Enjoy! - Although it's hard not too with this one!
This is part 2 of the best of series from 1990 - 2005, again from my wedding night! Loads more classics on here including Roach Motel - Movin On, CLS - Can You Feel It, I'll Be Your Friend and Back By Dope Demand.
1) Mother - All Funked Up
2) Havanna Funk - Bakiri Ban
3) Robert Owens - I'll Be Your Friend (DEF Mix instrumental)
4) King Bee - Back By Dope Demand
5) M&S - If You Wanna
6) Todd Terry - Jumpin
7) The Latin Project - Lei Lo Lai
8) Roach Motel - Movin On
9) Carleen Anderson - Mama Said
10) Tweet - Boogie Tonight
11) Jill Scott - Golden
12) Juliet Roberts - I want You
13) Rasmus Faber - Ever After
14) Bobby D'Ambrosia - Moment Of My Life
15) Class A - Same As It Ever Was
16) CLS - Can You Feel It
Your throat will be sore after all that singing!
As the name suggests this series of mixes sits out on the edge of darkness. Some of the earlier tracks have featured in recent mixes, but this mix was actually done back in early 2005. It's a vinyl only affair with some of the tracks dating back to 1994. The opener is a peach from Angel Moraes back in 1995, "Welcome To The Factory", which sounded so great in the clubs with it's big thumping bass and kick. "Tania" made an appearance on the recent C2E March 2010 mix. Quirky deep chunky house. The next track "The Path" is one of my favourite from Kings Of Tomorrow, complete with the timeless "The Anthem" acappela. DJ Pierre delivered a bomb back in 2001 with "Free For Life", right in the middle of a golden era for Azuli. It's back with Sandy Rivera again for "Life" a track with one of the biggest kicks you'll ever here. It also featured in the C2E Spring 2002 mix. "Mas Pito" as stated when it featured in C2E May 2010 is my favourite Subliminal release with its sick sax and rolling rumbling bass. Sandy Rivera was a busy man back at the turn of the century and fortunately his sound was right up my alley, especially when collaborating with Jose Burgos. The versatility of their sound can be heard in "Flowing", a really cheeky smile on your face track. "The Book" by Salt City Orchestra is the last of the tracks that have already been in C2E mixes, it's virgin stuff all the way from here. That doesn't mean you won't have heard them before and Project 4007 aka Charles Dockins twisted "It's Our Turn" will hopefully bring back memories of sweaty dance floors at 3am back in 1994. One of my favourite mixes (as in me playing two tracks together!) is "It's Our Turn" and "Give Me Luv" the infamous smash by Alcatraz. The two were made for each other and I get goosebumps whenever I hear the mix. Submlinal records started out life with fresh deep funky twisted house before becoming too main room Ibiza for me. "Good Love" is a great example of the deep stuff, teetering right on the edge without sounding all glowsticks. The next track is one I heard in Portugal in 1997 and hunted down for the next 5 years. It's by one half of Daft Punk under the guise of "Crydamoure et Le Knight Club", and the track is called "Santa Claus", no wonder it took five years to find eh! The next track harks back to a time when I went nuts for Robbie Rivera and his Filtered music sound. Very twisted deep dark disco with lots of loops. "Keep On And You Don't Stop" is probably my choice track from the label, which if you've never heard is worth checking out, some great tunes released. The next one is just mayhem, all I can say is, turn out the lights and hold onto something stable. "What A Night" is about as far into twisted lala land as I dare go. We finish with a HUGE tune from Subliminal that was heard everywhere in 2001/2002 "Thrill Me" by Junior Jack. Long intro and massive rolling bassline. So simple yet so effective. You just might need a lie down after this one.
1) Angel Moreas - Welcome To The Factory
2) H.C.C.R - Tania
3) Kings Of Tomorrow - The Path (The Anthem acapella)
4) DJ Pierre - Free For Life
5) Aurei - Life
6) Mongobonix - Mas Pito
7) SanJose - Flowing
8) Salt City Orchestra - The Book
9) Project 4007 - It's Our Turn
10) Alcatraz - Giv Me Luv
11) Richard F - Good Love
12) Crydamoure et Le Knight Club - Santa Claus
13) Robbie Rivera - Keep On And You Don't Stop
14) 7th District - What A Night
15) Junior Jack - Thrill Me